Icebrood Saga Mastery Points too rare

Boogiepop Void.6473

I have gotten every MP on maps, for strikes, for story, for events (other than the ones for doing things dozens of times) and I am short almost 25 if I want to complete all the tracks.  There are too many locked behind difficult or receptive achievements (especially now that many people aren't doing IBS content as much and it's harder to gather groups) and generally just insufficient in numbers. For reference i have completed every mastery track or have the MPs to do so in every single other area of the game with MPs to spare. It's only in IBS that MPs seem to be in such short supply. I can only assume the aborted episodes champions replaced were supposed to have the balance of the MPs and there was never any back-adjustment for them being replaced with Dragon Response Missions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Does seem kind of stingy. Tho HoT was stingy in its own way too, so it's not the first time. With HoT, you got points pretty easily, but the costs were very high on the upper ones. With this, it seems the costs are lowish, but the points are harder to come by.

Kind of annoying. Not a fan of being stuck with an XP bar filled and poring over achievements looking for what can finish unlocking the mastery only to find it's some obscure thing I'll prob never do. Doesn't feel like mastery when that happens, just weird gating.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

You mean, dodge jormag's breath at 5 fps in dragonstorm when there's 10000 people on screen with flashy effects that blind you, and do it 450000 times for the mastery point, but you can do it maybe twice every 2 hours?

Yeah, those mastery points suck.

But i don't see anything changing, Icebrood Saga is old content now, i doubt they'll add new points.

You just gotta grind them... I also need like 20 and some of those are just the worst.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Does seem kind of stingy. Tho HoT was stingy in its own way too, so it's not the first time.

HoT indeed was, but it was followed by LS3 that added a lot more mastery point options. IBS masteries point-wise would have been fine in an expansion, that would have been followed by a LS with more generous MP access, but are not so good in a LS that stands completely alone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You mean, dodge jormag's breath at 5 fps in dragonstorm when there's 10000 people on screen with flashy effects that blind you, and do it 450000 times for the mastery point, but you can do it maybe twice every 2 hours?

Yeah, those mastery points suck.

But i don't see anything changing, Icebrood Saga is old content now, i doubt they'll add new points.

You just gotta grind them... I also need like 20 and some of those are just the worst.

Or you restart your story and reply it in your own instance zero people to much it up for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

I have now finished EVERYTHING that isn't "Do X Y times". Repeat events 30, 40 times, Kill 5000 enemies of a given type, etc. And I am over 15 MPs short of finishing all the tracks. This is ridiculous. Who designed these unlocks?

Then do the other achievements aswell the get 5000 badges can be done by just selecting a track and donating resources daily.

The do cold war strike 10 times for two mps over years if you like to take it slow.

12 minutes ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

Sorry 5000 Commendations, not kills. 6 MP achievements are built around this 5000 commendation business.

And?  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having to earn MP by actually needing to participate in a map’s meta. Not all MP need to available just from showing up. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 3/20/2022 at 2:29 PM, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

I have now finished EVERYTHING that isn't "Do X Y times". Repeat events 30, 40 times, Kill 5000 enemies of a given type, etc. And I am over 15 MPs short of finishing all the tracks. This is ridiculous. Who designed these unlocks?

Honestly, I was like only 1/2 focused on IB saga all during it (maybe even less than 1/2) and somehow have more than I need. The only thing I can think of is you're missing champions MPs. Some of the CMs for them are easily soloable and the missions on normal difficulty generally are with the right class. The only "repetitive" mastery points I think I've done are storms of winter (because I enjoyed it so much) and the "glory to X legion" ones. I did craft becuase initially the ancient boreal weapons were fairly valuable.

It really shouldn't be this hard. That being said, post reset and weekends are your best bets as far as empty maps/events goes. And commander tags help. No one wants to do Drakkar if they don't see a commander tag. So set it up 5-10 mins before the event and list on LFG. Also I would expect Drakkar to get more popular as it drops Amalgamated draconic gemstones occasionally and they're  a major component in Gen3s. 

EDIT: there might be *SOME* repetition in the champions MPs, i did DRMs a lot when they first came out and then only touched them again for the return to achieves. Just do 1-2 every now and then on a good character for it and you'll get them eventually. 

EDIT2: The glory to the legion quests shouldn't be hard at all, you can passively rack up the commendations through the traders in the landing zones. Some of the trades actually used to net money, check EU fast farming to be sure. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 1

Really, if they just changed all the meta-tied ones to reward the first time you complete the meta, rather than requiring you to complete it 10 times, I'd be happy. We really don't need to tie quite that much hoop-jumping to something like mastery points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have never had a more frustrating experience in any game in my life than trying to get the Koda Be Praised achievement. Awful design. RNG on RNG on map population dependence on event interruption... Literal real world weeks of wandering the map hoping to stumble into the needed event by chance.

I shudder to think of anyone trying to do it now with the map populated only during metas (when you can't get this achievement) and spawn frequency depending on event completions requiring large player numbers.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

they had been too over protected of their content in IBS....I guess it's because they know it's not much content and just make players repeat stuff and do difficult stuff to pad time, which it's more of what achievement is not mastery....should just stick to commune on map, completing story and events once.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1