No one tested the new Catalyst update before release, quickness is broken

kapenike.6793

8 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Speedrunners dont use healers in fractals. It was rainbow comp. dh, slb, bs, ren.

4th place on mama

1st siax

2nd enso.

98cm bosses have all a giant hitbox. perfekt for lightning storm burst. its unplayable in 100 and average in 99. He gets a lot of free bd from ar and wasnt required to take a lot of diviner. and could also run full dps traits since anets trait choices are questionable. a full dps cata wouldnt do a lot more dps.

he was most likely full berserker on ensolyss and maybe even siax. those fights are so short that you can do most of the fights without any bd if you precast enough quickness. also moa stance adds 66% bd and you could use that every 2nd air rota. air sphere should not give quickness baseline. thats a major problem...

Oh, thanks.  Didn't know all that.

@anet Cata quick change idea. Make air jade sphere by default give fury as a boon, increase fire field might output, remove Spectacular Sphere trait entirely and replace with a trait that gives quickness when you grant an aura. This would require Cata to run water trait line to give quickness and puts a barrier between raw dps and quickness classes other than just boon duration. It also stays more in tune with how Ele boons have always worked. If needed, reduce aura share to 4 people. It's the only source of +5 man boons that I know of. But then again I've taken a hiatus in protest of ruining my favorite class so I'm not sure if their are more sources of +5 boons anymore

Edited by kapenike.6793

9 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I would like to see spectacular sphere give quickness instead of fury, and air sphere by default give fury. That would be a fair trade off for dps/quick and also not rely on pulsing quickness as the full duration is applied on cast helping with more mobile fights.

Quoting you, but that's an idea that's been repeated a few times here on the forum and so far I'd agree.

The tradeoff here would be the 10% damage bonus from the aura trait vs quickness access. It allows for self-appliance of quickness in soloplay, while filling either role in group content witha fair tradeoff. It also helps with the clunkiness of the Jade Sphere.

I think the idea currently is to still have it as some kind of DPS/Quickness hybrid, but it seems way harder to balance the trade off for. DPS version will always bleed Quickness, and that's part of the power budget.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey all, just wanted to hop in to say Anet didn't flamingo up cata quickness ... I built for 100% uptime with the kitty golem and was pissed at how much boon duration it took. I went into a raid and gave everyone 150% quick duration ... I guess training golem removes stacks of quickness at some random rate? It was weird. But yeah I enjoy the class more now. I'm getting 90-105% on my sub members on highly mobile bosses with 52% boon duration

Edited by kapenike.6793