Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

43 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again ... if those things are OP'ed, go make a thread about it. 

It's not relevant here. 

OP is complaining about a selfish auto attack build doing 2/3rds the DPS of the same build with a rotation.  A build that offers no boon support and minimal survivability outside o f golem tanking damage.  Please use your crushing meta think for a change.

• Thanks 8

25 minutes ago, Crackmonster.2790 said:

Mech clearly is way overpowered in all game modes, on top of that it's a ultra safe pet build with way too much of eerything, teleports, heals, shield, boons, etc. You name it.

I mean I know WvW isn't a real game mode, but... every tried bringing the thing against a  zerg lately? Even if the mech survives, your own survival is an issue.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

OP is complaining about a selfish auto attack build doing 2/3rds the DPS of the same build with a rotation.  A build that offers no boon support and minimal survivability outside o f golem tanking damage.  

I don't care what the OP is complaining about. 

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Just look on every ability and the traits lol, they are all among the most op stuff with a billion strong things loaded on all of them with small cooldowns. Almost all the abilities are drool worthy because they just give sooo much. It's unreal.

They are taking over every role in game with a pet, 1v3 ppl in pvp, monsters in open world, get like everything easy and in huge amounts like there is no argument you can use to truly hide that mech is super broken. You can only deny and shoot people down, or you  can open your eyes and see how much it gets lol.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Markus.6415 said:

So... why did the Catalyst got his kill switch after 2 weeks of End of Dragons, but not the Mechanist? I... I don't understand.

I think everyone is asking why Catalyst deserved what they got.  Did they kill a devs puppy or something?  I'm not sure what else would warrant that level of nerf. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well, reading through this topic was an adventure. To get where I'm coming from: I dislike mechanist, and I only ever touch it, when my team needs alacrity. Apart from that, I keep enjoying the good old engi specs, and new elite specs.

In my opinion, nothing, but the most selfish, boon reliant, and hard to use builds should deal 40k dps. (For example: condi weaver, catalyst, core condi engi... you get the idea) On the other hand, people really blow this whole thing out of proportions. The build that deals 40+k dps uses 3 kits, so its harder to use than a lot of other builds. It needs a shave, for sure, but it's not the end of the world.

The "autoattack only" build, that everyone loses their mind over does 24k dps, with every boons, against an enemy, with 13 conditions, which is as far from realistic, as it can get, and 24k with a low intensity build isn't unheard of either.

The boon support/heal build is just as strong as heal fb. I find that amount of support on a single build broken, but since A-net said, that they are nerfing support fb, and all they did, was removing their aegis spam, I am assuming, that this is their new baseline. I'm expecting to see more supports being brought up to this level.

I myself do find mechanist disturbing in open world, for all the wrong reason. I'm bothered by the visual noise they bring along. They should either have customisation options for their appearance, so I don't have to see that neon-green+gold bot everywhere, or made semi-transparent in openworld, like the turtles.

• Like 8

Firebrand has been trivializing the game for far longer, yet no one bats an eyelid about it. 

Stability/Aegis to trivialize mechanics. Top tier utility. Top tier condi dps. Good healing output, and a monopoly on two of the strongest boons in the game. 

But the mech tho. THAT, that's what's really screwing over game balance. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Asking for mechanist to be nerfed because it makes open world content (which is already trivial) easy and safe is kind of short sighted.

Except they nerfed torment runes battle scars and every sustain trait for this EXACT reason 3 weeks ago.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Firebrand has been trivializing the game for far longer, yet no one bats an eyelid about it. 

Stability/Aegis to trivialize mechanics. Top tier utility. Top tier condi dps. Good healing output, and a monopoly on two of the strongest boons in the game. 

But the mech tho. THAT, that's what's really screwing over game balance. 

Also needs to be adjusted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Except they nerfed torment runes battle scars and everu sustain trait for this EXACT reason 3 weeks ago.

Well, with this one I think you have a point. With the eod release anet clearly nerfed some of the options that delivered solid sustain by still going "full offense" to make them less of the "all around safe dps options", so wanting some consistency here does seem reasonable.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Except they nerfed torment runes battle scars and every sustain trait for this EXACT reason 3 weeks ago.

Citation needed, they haven't given any reasons for these changes on their official platforms so if you have any developer quotes from other sources feel free to share them.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

And funny enough all those build still destroy OW. All it did was to bring worst experience for player that want or NEED those type of build.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know. I don't care. I definitely don't need anything the OP said to make my point here.

What the OP posted is what the thread is about, my friend.

18 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, with this one I think you have a point. With the eod release anet clearly nerfed some of the options that delivered solid sustain by still going "full offense" to make them less of the "all around safe dps options", so wanting some consistency here does seem reasonable.

What exactly do you mean?  28k DPS for Mechanist in Ritualist is about the same level as AlacRen in Ritualist or Condition Quickness Firebrand in Ritualist gear.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

What exactly do you mean?  28k DPS for Mechanist in Ritualist is about the same level as AlacRen in Ritualist or Condition Quickness Firebrand in Ritualist gear.

Not pushing for anything here, just pointing out what was said about the day of EoD release sustain nerf in context of anet not wanting to overly trivialize content. It was about what this post quoted:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/111669-mechanist-is-currently-destroying-the-game-please-consider-adjusting-it-asap/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1611569

So it's about the claim that "Asking for [whatever] to be nerfed because it makes open world content (which is already trivial) easy and safe is kind of short sighted.", while anet nerfed those easy passive sustain options with eod release. On the other hand ranger pet and necro's minions still exist, so... 🤷‍♂️  One way or another, it's not exactly "short sighted", since the easiest(?) ow sustain options of some builds did get recently nerfed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

What the OP posted is what the thread is about, my friend.

Then you can ask him and argue his points with him. What I'm saying is pretty clear and I have little care how it relates to what the OP said. 

Mechanist delivers too much performance for too little effort. 

Again, what other classes do or how they might be trivializing content does NOT make it OK for Mechanist to be able to do it with the ease that it can be done. Anet has done LOTS of work to nerf passive sustain builds for EXACTLY the reasons that Mechanist is a problem here. A game dev philosophy that results in a blanket passive sustain nerf simply can't co-exist with the current state of mechanist IMO.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, other classes trivializing content in easy ways does NOT make it OK for Mechanist to be able to do it. Anet has done LOTS of work to nerf passive sustain builds for EXACTLY the reasons that Mechanist is a problem here

This is what u say, not Anet say.

like u usually says "only Anet have the data" to say if its a problem, so its entirely your wishfulthinking here.

About OP is overreacting. theres no spam of mechanists anywhere. i tried it in WvW, its a sitting duck. in Open World, its doesn't matter, OpenWorld is about fun.

Also, enough of summon-hate in this game, everything is overnerfed, because of cry-rivers against classes the relly on summons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The OP has top players destroying the game in PvP, open world, and raids with mechanist with video proof. 

destroy open world how's??

i didnt see yet any LFG with "mechanists only" for EOD meta, like we have "necros only" squad trying beating marionette on early days.

if u dont like it, don't play it.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3