Legendary weapons gen3 variations

before crafting my new gen3 legendary i'd like to see what the variation will look like. 

we know for sure there will be different variation based on different dragons. we even saw the skin for the 1h sword but what about the animation ? i do not think my Zhaitan sword would summon rainbows so it would be interesting to see additional details about those before starting the craft process. nothing exceptional just some picture would be enough. what if i craft the shield but the variants are terrible while the  mace has the most gorgeus alternative version ever ?  is it  just me who is having this kind of paranoia ?

• Like 3

I’ve been wondering about the method to unlock the variations. I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if, though the Aurene weapons are the cheapest and easiest legendary weapons to date, opening the other dragons’ variations is behind a costly, challenging grind.

• Like 4

Just to double-check, do we know for sure that obtaining the Aurene version of a given weapon is a prerequisite to obtaining the variant?  For example if what I wanted was a Mordremoth sword, could I skip the Aurene sword and somehow directly obtain the Mordremoth version?  Basically just wanting to make sure that working toward the Aurene version isn't "wasted" effort if the true goal is one of the variants.

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

They may become the cheapest but I doubt that they’d become the easiest due to how slow it is to get imperial favor. 

3500 Imperial Favor for the 7 Blessings of the Jade Empress. I've got 900 after three weeks of casual play.

Am I missing something?

It might not be extremely fast, but Imperial Favor seems pretty easy to accumulate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Orion Templar.4589 said:

Just to double-check, do we know for sure that obtaining the Aurene version of a given weapon is a prerequisite to obtaining the variant?  For example if what I wanted was a Mordremoth sword, could I skip the Aurene sword and somehow directly obtain the Mordremoth version?  Basically just wanting to make sure that working toward the Aurene version isn't "wasted" effort if the true goal is one of the variants.

It certainly sounded from the guild chat that you would have to make the Aurene weapon first, then there would be some sort of collection to adapt it to another dragon's theme.

But I've been mistaken by what they said in guild chats before...

Just now, Tails.9372 said:

I can see them put up requirements like "play the Harvest Temple SM and cleanse the heart of the dragon in question".

Along the "memories of Aurene" and "Return To" lines, I could see them sending us back to do content related to those specific dragons in Core, LW, and Expansions, as well.

17 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

3500 Imperial Favor for the 7 Blessings of the Jade Empress. I've got 900 after three weeks of casual play.

Am I missing something?

It might not be extremely fast, but Imperial Favor seems pretty easy to accumulate.

Your post stated “easiest legendary weapons to date” and not just “easy”.   My post also stated that I doubt they’d become the easiest. Easy and easiest are two different things. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Your post stated “easiest legendary weapons to date” and not just “easy”.   My post also stated that I doubt they’d become the easiest. Easy and easiest are two different things. 

Okay, gotcha. Not trying to argue, just trying to see if I'm missing something.

Getting imperial favor seems far easier to me than the requirements behind the gen 2s, but I've never made a gen 2 or gen 1 legendary, so I may just not understand.

Mostly my post was about whether making the variations was going to be a lot harder than making the original Aurene legendary, since, to me, the Aurene legendaries do seem significantly easier.

28 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Okay, gotcha. Not trying to argue, just trying to see if I'm missing something.

Getting imperial favor seems far easier to me than the requirements behind the gen 2s, but I've never made a gen 2 or gen 1 legendary, so I may just not understand.

Mostly my post was about whether making the variations was going to be a lot harder than making the original Aurene legendary, since, to me, the Aurene legendaries do seem significantly easier.

For me it was much easier to get map currencies from HoT than imperial favor. In the time it took to get currencies for all HoT weapons, I’d only have enough imperial favor for a few EoD weapons. 

• Like 1