Jade Tech Mastery complaint

So about this whole battery mechanic for the jade bot... 

I'm about to start Dragon's End meta, (despite knowing how it's likely going to end even though I just need it for collections at this point), and I find a jade tech chest next to a building at the quarry. 

No batteries because I just zoned in and it seems like they reset or something? Maybe I just used them all up and didn't collect many in the first place. But anyway, there's a battery at the bottom of the steps. 

So let's walk through this a minute - we have this battery collection mechanic that someone has to place batteries strategically near things that use them.. all over these maps.. just to make the mastery work in those maps. 

I mean the only reason I'm even opening the chests is for a chance at the statue collection item... I'm just not understanding why you would make a mastery that requires all of these extraneous clickable items all over the maps, even on maps like the Jade Sea where it doesn't even really make sense. And to think someone then had to go back through and strategically place them around for these chests just because they might have anticipated players getting annoying having to scrounge for them in these locations...

And now, you pretty much have to force zip lines into the equation in future zones where it doesn't make sense to make use of an entire mastery trait line, or try to find reasons as to why the jade batteries are littered about drowned Kaineng and other locations they don't make sense.  I could get if it was a different expansion as it's more difficult to fit things like jumping mushrooms into a lot of maps, but you've made a mastery that seems like it has little room to grow or be expanded upon in the lifespan of the same expansion pack? 

I guess that ties into finding a new magic source and a new mastery line revolving that maybe? I don't know. This feels like a dead end.

• Like 3

But then again, do things like the Zip Lines even make sense in half these zones? 

Like Echovald? The Jade Sea? If the jade bot is needed to use zip lines and the jade bot is supposed to be this hard to get item that only the rich can afford, then would they even be in some of these zones? 

• Like 2

Everything Cathans do is powered by Jade energy. Off the top of my head, they have hover platforms they use to move heavy objects. The batteries are just portable power, like gas generators for us. The only place they seem odd to me is New Kaineng, since they could just have spots to tap into the Jade Power running through the city instead of random batteries.

Zip lines are likely trivial to add. We are able to use them due to our all purpose Jade Bot, but that doesn't mean nothing else can utilize them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

Everything Cathans do is powered by Jade energy. Off the top of my head, they have hover platforms they use to move heavy objects. The batteries are just portable power, like gas generators for us. The only place they seem odd to me is New Kaineng, since they could just have spots to tap into the Jade Power running through the city instead of random batteries.

Zip lines are likely trivial to add. We are able to use them due to our all purpose Jade Bot, but that doesn't mean nothing else can utilize them.

Yeah, that's true. I didn't think about the industrial/corporation/supply aspect of some of these things.

But I'm not talking about how trivial they are to add when I talk about it not being used in future maps. I'm talking about the explanation for them to exist in maps that weren't heavily populated Canthans with jade tech. Unless they tie someone into the story that ventured off from Kaening and made establishments in those areas. I guess they can still work it into future Cantham maps somehow though.

1 minute ago, Bast.7253 said:

Yeah, that's true. I didn't think about the industrial/corporation/supply aspect of some of these things.

But I'm not talking about how trivial they are to add when I talk about it not being used in future maps. I'm talking about the explanation for them to exist in maps that weren't heavily populated Canthans with jade tech. Unless they tie someone into the story that ventured off from Kaening and made establishments in those areas. I guess they can still work it into future Cantham maps somehow though.

If the zip lines are trivial to create and there are ways of using them aside from the Jade Bot, then there is no reason they wouldn't be in future maps. "A scouting party was sent out before you arrived to survey the area. They set up zip lines for better mobility."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

If the zip lines are trivial to create and there are ways of using them aside from the Jade Bot, then there is no reason they wouldn't be in future maps. "A scouting party was sent out before you arrived to survey the area. They set up zip lines for better mobility."

Yeah, that's true I guess. I mean what's a zip line compared to the fortresses some of these guys seemingly build over night.