Engineer/Mechanist Turret and QOL suggestions

Lesharin.9026

Engineer Improvements- Split experimental turrets into two trait on different columns of the trait line

1. Experimental turrets- This trait would stay the same with no changes
  2. Advanced turrets- This trait would allow your turrets to share your defense and offense stats to increase their damage and survivability, each turret gets a share of all of your stats but each gets more of the stats that benefit it the most as well.

Thumper turret- Receives twice as much of your Vitality and Toughness

Flame turret- Receives 1.5x as much of your Condition Damage and Expertise

Rifle turret- Receives 2x as much of your Power

Rocket turret- Receives 1.5x as much of your Ferocity and Precision

Healing turret- Receives 2x as much of your Healing Power and Concentration

Net Turret- Receives 2x as much of your Expertise 

•  
  • Mechanist Improvements-
  •  
  • Mech Engineering Kits-Make one of the mandatory traits have a new addition to allow Jade Mechs to gain new auto cast abilities or as an F4 and/or F5 skill based on equipped engineering kits and equip it's own version of the engineering kit to be used alongside it's normal attack, these extra weapons would not interrupt the flow of its normal attacks but rather would alongside them

Flamethrower Kit- Mech gains flamethrower on its arm and the ability to randomly enhance itself and nearby allies with burning on attacks

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Mech sets down a fire ring that burn foes inside and severely damages foes that cross the threshold
  2. Mech sets down a persistent smoke cloud that blinds enemies, and at the end of its duration would combust into a fiery explosion

Mortar Kit- Mech gains a mortar on its shoulder, and randomly enhances itself and nearby allies with explosion on hit

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Mech launches a mortar barrage at the target location
  2. Mech mortars change to Status mortars for a duration inflicting little damage but instead putting many statuses on the targets hit

Grenade Kit- Mech gains a grenade launcher on its arm, and randomly enhances itself and nearby allies with Vulnerability on hit

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Mech launches gravity grenades that deal reduced damage but drag enemies into the explosion site and inflict Crippled status
  2. Mech launches grenades that upon exploding will cluster in to multiple smaller grenades

Bomb Kit- Mech gains a mine layer on its back that trigger on enemy proximity, and randomly enhances itself and allies with Slowness on hit

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Mech lays down mines in a 360 radius around it inflicting burning and poison upon detonation
  2. Mech mines become stun mines for a duration stunning enemies hit to give a moment to regroup and heal in battle

Medkit- Mech gains a healing cloud sprayer on its arm, and randomly enhances itself and allies with healing bursts on hit

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Enhances mechs healing sprays to inflict poison on enemies for a duration
  2. Enhances mechs healing sprays to also grant Quickness and Alarcity to those affected for a duration

Tool Kit- Mech gains the abilitiy to heal itself when needed, and randomly enhances itself and nearby allies with Stability

F4/F5 Abilities

1. Mech throw armor piles around made from its tool kit, when picked up provide protection and stability for a duration
  2. Mech overcharges gaining increased stats all around, and granted reduced cooldowns on all its abilities except this one for a duration

Jade turrets- Add an addition to one of the final traits upgrades turrets with jade tech giving them hover capabilities, the turrets will either hover near your Jade Mech if in guard mode or you if the mech is in avoid combat mode. Each turret would also receive a new passive function

Healing turret- Disperses a poison cloud alongside its healing aura

Thumper Turret- Casts taunt every 5-10 seconds to draw enemy attention to it, Also has a front facing energy shield that can block attacks and projectiles in front of it

Flame Turret- Casts smoke clouds every so often to blind enemies

Rocket Turret- Rockets have a chance to inflict Immobilization on enemies

Rifle Turret- Shots have a chance to inflict Crippled status on enemies

Net Turret- Shots have a chance to inflict Slowness on enemies

Edited by Lesharin.9026
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see support Mechanist get a revive since we loose Toss Elixir R from tool belt. What if Shift Signet also revives allies in area? Idk. Loosing stealth from Toss Elixir S is no fun also. I definitely agree Mechanist needs some work. I'd be fine with trading dps on Mech attacks with tool belt skill functionality. For example if I have Elixir S as utility then the mech tool belt would have a an aoe I can throw down to Stealth it and allies for 2 secs. 

Edited by Kromie.8930

On 3/21/2022 at 1:13 PM, Kromie.8930 said:

I'd like to see support Mechanist get a revive since we loose Toss Elixir R from tool belt. Loosing stealth from Toss Elixir S is no fun also. I definitely agree Mechanist needs some work. I'd be fine if they dropped some DPS from the Jade Mech's current attacks if more utility is available. 

Although the Mechanist has a lot of DPS/Support potential with just the three mech abilities, it still feels like we lost something from the former tool belts 5 skills so I would like to maybe see a couple more mech commands/abilities to use

• Like 1

That's definitely what I have in mind with this, and I think the increased power and support the turrets offer is paid for in the fact the you have choose three traits over other ones to enhance your turrets. The Jade Bot getting an extra weapon based off your currently equipped engineering kit would help a lot as well, since a very large portion of builds for the engineer revolve around the kits with this change you would feel like it's worth it to use the kits as a mechanist. 

• 2 months later...

If End of Dragons is not the last expansion then I hope next engineer specialization specialize on turrets but your suggestion that interchange turrets with the jade golem will help turrets.

If devs decided to put another Core trait skill to Engineer, then we need a trait dedicated to the exclusive to turrets. Since the hero points are not used at all if we collect all of them.

The 1st line of traits can turns turrets into different types of functions.

Passive 1st trait :

Turrets now inherit bleed condition damage except net turret, flame turret and healing turret. Turrets also inherit player stats.

1. Limited Turrets

Turrets with 10-12 seconds durations after placed.

Increase their hp.

2. Mobile Turret

Turrets are mobile in wheels, can attack and boost concentration. Each turrets present reduce player damage taken.

Increase cooldown and decrease turret hp.

Edited by XenMaster.7165