So what's best PvP spec?

1 hour ago, CoolRanchDoritos.5340 said:

My Fire Weaver got killed in 3 seconds by a whirlwind spinning warrior I think? I don't want to spend $30 on this xpac tbh, but i'm so bored I just want to play some brainless DPS that's going to get me kills and be fun to climb with.

What am I picking?

Berserker isnt from new expac and is a trash spec, you dont need eod, you just need practice and improve your gameplay 

• Thanks 1

POF and HOT classes are still competitive. EOD raised the damage scale in this meta that's for sure. But a lot of the builds don't have the same sustain and advanced mechanics that the other specs have.

If you're looking for dps I would try soulbeast, Holo or Herald. They're all still good if played well. 

3 hours ago, CoolRanchDoritos.5340 said:

My Fire Weaver got killed in 3 seconds by a whirlwind spinning warrior I think? I don't want to spend $30 on this xpac tbh, but i'm so bored I just want to play some brainless DPS that's going to get me kills and be fun to climb with.

What am I picking?

That's on you, not weaver. 

As far as the overall pvp. Specter is overpowered. Mechanist is actually fine but people are complaining about it because of the lack of input to play it. Bladesworn has insane sustain (like every other warrior except berserker) but is still not overpowered. Vindicator used to be slightly overpowered due to sustain and got overly nerfed. Power harbinger is C tier build thats bullying the gold and under ranked people and wvw zerglings. Virtuoso (like mesmer in general) is a monster wheb used by a few people and garbage when used by everyone else. That is pvp in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Tell me about these people. Because it's certainly not Misha, Helseth, Shorts, etc. Since they have given up on the garbagefire that is Virtuoso.

I don't even know if the first two even still play. Shorts isn't even good. Specter is the actual overperformer right now.

Mechanist is a pubstomper which lends more to a redesign than a nerf since every engineer spec, even core, has had a period of easy bunker shenanigans.

Edited by Metaologist.2487
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

I don't even know if the first two even still play.

Misha plays competitively, but not Mesmer. Helseth was excited for Virtuoso but is disappointed. Shorts quit during beta, at least partly bcs of state of Mesmer. Zeromis plays competitively, but not on Mesmer.

37 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Shorts isn't even good. Specter is the actual overperformer right now.

Mechanist is a pubstomper which lends more to a redesign than a nerf since every engineer spec, even core, has had a period of easy bunker shenanigans.

Interesting. Not a single name.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Misha plays competitively, but not Mesmer. Helseth was excited for Virtuoso but is disappointed. Shorts quit during beta, at least partly bcs of state of Mesmer. Zeromis plays competitively, but not on Mesmer.

Interesting. Not a single name.

I'm not a stalker.

• Confused 1