Should daily dungeons become its own separate category

Would removing dungeons from the general daily rotation and placing them in a separate daily dungeon category (with an eight day rotation focusing on a different dungeon each day of the rotation) be beneficial or harmful to the game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would removing dungeons from the general daily rotation and placing them in a separate daily dungeon category (with an eight day rotation focusing on a different dungeon each day of the rotation) be beneficial or harmful to the game?

• Beneficial
    • Harmful
    • Won't make a difference

I personally don't think that the "daily" dropdown needs anymore categories. I also don't think this would really have any impact on dungeon participation (which is what I assume you are correlating to being beneficial to the game).

There are several areas in the UI that have too much bloat IMO. I wish you could deselect some of those categories.

• Like 1

I do think that in general having more dungeon participation is good for the game. Because it is the first group instanced content that new players are exposed to I think that anything that makes dungeons less 'dead' is good for the game. I could see some people thinking that a daily dungeon category could be harmful to the game's welfare by spreading people out even more.

I agree that there is a lot of bloat, that is why I brought it up at a time when they will likely be consolidating 4 daily categories.  Having a daily dungeon category also seems to be consistent with many of the other daily categories.  Living World season 3 and 4 and the likely IBS category are all there to encourage enough people to still play older content so that there are lively maps on a regular basis.

44 minutes ago, Dark Skeeve.2695 said:

Living World season 3 and 4 and the likely IBS category are all there to encourage enough people to still play older content so that there are lively maps on a regular basis.

Those maps are lively on a regular basis because there is a high demand for the loot and currencies associated with them. You need to do LS3/LS4 and all that other stuff you mentioned for legendary equipment, the story, ect...

Dungeons on the otherhand, I don't know. I can't speak for the entire community obviously, but I don't think that this change would be a hit. To be clear though, I am not against it, I just don't believe it would have much impact. Maybe if the rewards were really enticing. *shrug* Add gifts of battle to dungeons.

Edited by knite.1542

Not  sure what effect this change would have, but I want to say  this: from my experience (new player lvl.65 max char) if a dungeon group has more than 1x lvl 80 member (having 0 would be best imo) the run is just no fun, just a quick faceroll through, so any lvl 80 groups I'd clasify as farm, thus I don't see a point in endorsing those.... 😕

Edited by Eldar.1839

Let dungeon tokens be used to buy things like T6 crafting mats, Obsidian Shards, and the three 'unrefined' mats of Obsidian Refinement. That would make them very popular.

Back around launch I was in a small camp of players that felt dungeons shouldn't need a reward - people should just play content because it's fun. I'm still that kind of player, but we're an extreme minority and... Dungeons turned out to be so easy once you know them that they're not even good content for 'my type of player'.

So... to make them more popular they need a LOT of work on two fronts:

1. They need worthwhile rewards because players like me are very few in number.
  2. The fights need a re-design to be more engaging for modern styles of play. Not so much harder, but more dynamic. The strat - easy or hard - should never be "stand in one spot and smack it until you win". There are even a few dungeon bosses that actually are very hard - but still not engaging as the strat is not interesting enough.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:06 AM, Eldar.1839 said:

Not  sure what effect this change would have, but I want to say  this: from my experience (new player lvl.65 max char) if a dungeon group has more than 1x lvl 80 member (having 0 would be best imo) the run is just no fun, just a quick faceroll through, so any lvl 80 groups I'd clasify as farm, thus I don't see a point in endorsing those.... 😕

For this, let the LFG tool have an option to select for 'completed' and 'uncompleted' and give some special reward for groups that are all 'uncompleted'. Alternatively split it by level - because I could spin up a new 80 and give it a stack of ascended gear in minutes and then go do an 'uncompleted' run.

This would however, further dwindle the population for each side of the split - so unless you first do something to make Dungeons more popular in general, it would be a bad idea.