Are the contents of living world 4 harder then the rest?

53 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Bounties are meant to be group content so they are difficult on purpose.

I know... But as I mentioned, I could solo several bounties up to Path of Fire. The bounties used to be 1 on 1, with the occasional add you could clear. You could time their attacks and dodge/block. In domain of Istan, the champions carpet bomb the entire map while you are in CC, so no dodges/blocks, while spawning hordes of elites. I think that's what makes the content difficult.

But it is not only bounties. A couple of veterans in Domain of Istan can kill me quickly. Even events are hard to complete. 

I think it is the amount of CC the mobs have or maybe it is the fact they are always accompanied by a horde of other mobs.

It is hard as f... to solo.

Have you notice a significant uptick in difficulty?

Edited by angrax.1372

2 minutes ago, angrax.1372 said:

I know... But as I mentioned, I could solo several bounties up to Path of Fire.

A couple of veterans in Domain of Istan can kill me quickly. Even events are hard to complete. 

I don't know if it is the amount of CC the mobs have or if it is the fact they are always accompanied by a horde of other mobs.

never tried solo cuz if you pop a mentor tag people usually show up

they nerfed all sustain recently (28th feb) so maybe that plays a part?

2 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:

never tried solo cuz if you pop a mentor tag people usually show up

they nerfed all sustain recently (28th feb) so maybe that plays a part?

Do you have the details on what changed in 28th Feb?

I can still play well in EoD content without much issue with sustain. I think Season 4 has a special uptick in difficulty. Even trash mobs can hit you hard.

1 minute ago, angrax.1372 said:

Do you have the details on what changed in 28th Feb?

I can still play well in EoD content without much issue with sustain. I think Season 4 has a special uptick in difficulty. Even trash mobs can hit you hard.

it's under each profession in the first post + they nerfed tormenting runes

personally i find eod mobs to be tankier & lower damage than rest of the game, +the jade bot buffs the sustain nerf isnt as noticeable there

9 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

I know... But as I mentioned, I could solo several bounties up to Path of Fire. The bounties used to be 1 on 1, with the occasional add you could clear. You could time their attacks and dodge/block. In domain of Istan, the champions carpet bomb the entire map while you are in CC, so no dodges/blocks, while spawning hordes of elites. I think that's what makes the content difficult.

But it is not only bounties. A couple of veterans in Domain of Istan can kill me quickly. Even events are hard to complete. 

I think it is the amount of CC the mobs have or maybe it is the fact they are always accompanied by a horde of other mobs.

Have you notice a significant uptick in difficulty?

Bounties in PoF vary greatly in difficulty just as they do in Istan.  In fact, isn't the harpy bounty in Istan just a copy of the harpy bounty in Elon Riverlands?  Granted that's a fairly difficult bounty to solo for most builds, but I don't think you can say it's more difficult.  It just depends which bounties you're attempting.  There being many more of them in PoF than in Istan, naturally you will find some that are significantly easier than others.

As for the veterans, they are the same awakened you find in PoF maps, aren't they?  There are a few that are quite dangerous with lots of CC, conditions, and high damage.

18 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

As for the veterans, they are the same awakened you find in PoF maps, aren't they?  There are a few that are quite dangerous with lots of CC, conditions, and high damage.

Could be. I played just a bit of PoF to unlock the mounts. I do remember it being hard at times. I think it is just the combination of certain mobs and map layout.

Anyways, I finally got a train going for the final meta and bounties so I am almost done. I will have to play the chapter again (sight) because it did not register when I completed them. Maybe because I started it before the "Return to..." was made available?

ins't about LS4, but precisely the Awakened mob packs.

Yeah, im my opinion they're are still by far the most dangerous mobs groups in the game, they spam lots of conditions and slow, but once u get used to them, u will learn skip them.

Counter-atacks specs like SpellBreaker, is extremely efficient against them.

Also theyre first time Anet introduced regular mobs with boons, so if u notice some of them came with protection or stability.

Harpy is also dangerous, just once u get in the range of them, don't keep standing, atack+movement to kill them. they come with fury or mighty buff, or both, so they hit hard.

Aside harpys/awakened the rest is punchbag's don't need worry..

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1