Bug fix request - Bladesworn. Stability on dragonscale defense 8 second CD in PvP ( should be 60 seconds )

@Cal Cohen.2358

@Fire Attunement.9835

Hi Cal and Fire,

With the upcoming balance patch I wanted you both to be aware of this issue in PvP with Bladesworn.

Currently with Bladesworn in PvP, Dragonscale Defense (Stability on Trigger) is supposed to be a 60 second CD in PvP but it's using the 8 second CD PvE value !

Also, please consider reviewing the might applied on Unyielding Dragon.

Bladesworn healing / sustain is currently busted when players use traits Healing Shouts (Tactics)  and Might Makes Right (Strength) combined with shout utility "For Great Justice!" and the might applied on Unyielding Dragon.

Thank you for looking into this.

Kind regards.

Edited by Little Howl.5231
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nah

There is only 1 thing that's the problem. Tactical Reload. With 1 min stab on trigger, spec is unplayable.

Redo Tactical Reload into either a new explosion elite, or to only affect Gunsaber skills and armaments.

Redo all Master tier traits to proc on explosions and not on ammo. Reevaluate explosions in the spec and give better dmg scaling and Cooldowns on the Gunsaber, with Tactical Reload ideally removed. 

If all this is done, then the Might Generation and Stun duration on the trigger should stay as is, otherwise it will follow the same path as Magebane and FC on top of being a GM trait that only deals dmg on a single CC avaialble to the warrior and not all CC.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

2 hours ago, Little Howl.5231 said:

Bladesworn healing / sustain is currently busted when players use traits Healing Shouts (Tactics)  and Might Makes Right (Strength) combined with shout utility "For Great Justice!" and the might applied on Unyielding Dragon.

Lets go Bladesworn is busted any% speedrun

Currently with Bladesworn in PvP, Dragonscale Defense (Stability on Trigger) is supposed to be a 60 second CD in PvP but it's using the 8 second CD PvE value !

Imagine if this was real and after the first DT a bladesworn enters anyone knows that for the next minute any DT they do can be daze reset

Lol

Lmao

Dragon Scale Defense is currently carrying this spec to a fairly significant degree against any halfway decent player, probably more than the healing, which, indeed, does need to be toned down slightly in place of some damage increases (especially on blooming fire). Hopefully the tooltip is mistaken and fixed, and not the actual trait behavior. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

It would be better if it stayed having no CD and instead had a duration reduction. Things in this game need to be reliable, not ESSENTIALLY RNG.

An alterative would be to add stability to a dragon trigger skill, perhaps the one that already gives aegis (and make the trait do something else).

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

An alterative would be to add stability to a dragon trigger skill, perhaps the one that already gives aegis (and make the trait do something else).

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Stab means "I'm doing a thing and I am investing resources to make sure it lands, because it's now or never"; the decision to protect a dragon trigger should really be in player's control, rather than being something that randomly happens when you don't need it, and then never again even if you need it. The trait could give protection and resolution with no ICD, to make sure you're not demolished while loading dragon trigger (while still leaving room for counterplay as you can drop CC\weakness or whatever).

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Stab means "I'm doing a thing and I am investing resources to make sure it lands, because it's now or never"; the decision to protect a dragon trigger should really be in player's control, rather than being something that randomly happens when you don't need it, and then never again even if you need it. The trait could give protection and resolution with no ICD, to make sure you're not demolished while loading dragon trigger (while still leaving room for counterplay as you can drop CC\weakness or whatever).

I would argue that the resources that warrior is already investing in Dragon Trigger (standing still, flow) warrant 1 stack of stability. I’m more partial to a reduced duration (1.5s or so seems like a balanced amount). Warrior has other ways to mitigate built into DT because it is so inherently vulnerable. The critical issue is not eating damage, but that any decent player will CC you out of DT a majority of the time. 
I would argue, and you are free to disagree, that mitigating damage is more directly within control of the player, by knowing when to use DT and having proper positioning. DT already has counter play (dodge) and isn’t particularly over tuned in terms of damage that it’s problematic imo. 
Just my opinions 🙂 

One stack of stability is nothing with CC spam. 60 sec would make no sense seeing that DS roots you in play for a bit of time. Dragonsworn isnt that strong, it just has sustain. Think about it, the spec generally runs zerker amulet and it still doesn't do much dmg. That should tell you something.

Edited by Aza.2105
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

One stack of stability is nothing with CC spam. 60 sec would make no sense seeing that DS roots you in play for a bit of time. Dragonsworn isnt that strong, it just has sustain. Think about it, the spec generally runs zerker amulet and it still doesn't do much dmg. That should tell you something.

It also runs tactics. Know how little damage Mesmer does if you run inspiration?