Oh brother, the doomers will never shut up no matter what ArenaNet say, will they? Why do you people even play this game if you dislike it so much and always complain? Or you don't play it and you just hang out on forums because you have nothing better to do? Or it's the old "I want this game to be like WoW/FF XIV/*insert my favorite biased MMO* ? I don't know...why be a hater and complain? Just move on if you don't like it, simple.

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 10
  • Confused 9

22 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Oh brother, the doomers will never shut up no matter what ArenaNet say, will they? Why do you people even play this game if you dislike it so much and always complain? Or you don't play it and you just hang out on forums because you have nothing better to do? Or it's the old "I want this game to be like WoW/FF XIV/*insert my favorite biased MMO* ? I don't know...why be a hater and complain? Just move on if you don't like it, simple.

I know this will probably come as a shock to you, but people are totally allowed to and very often do not enjoy 100% of every single aspect of something and that is perfectly fine.

What is not fine is telling people to quit a game they love to play because they don't absolutely love the latest expansion, get a grip of yourself.

Should i just never order a pizza again because my favourite pizza delivery place gave me a bad order once? Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

There is nothing "doomer" or untrue in the post you are telling me to quit the game over.
1.EoD broke no records.
2.There has been no announcement of any new Living World.
3. We have indeed been promised(and therefore we expected) more frequent Balance. This did not happen.

If you think it's a good idea to let untrue statements about the health and future of this game go without a single voice  reminding people about reality, data, and Arenanet's track record, then you have no idea what happens around here when hype bubbles burst.
Because the absolute first thing that happens is all those people who get excited over fanfic misinterpretations of reality are the absolute first people on these forums to scream bloody murder when their unsubstantiated dreams are not made reality.

Think of the player who reads a post, and without looking at it carefully expects a new season of Living World.
Picture their reaction when it does not happen.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

On 3/23/2022 at 5:40 AM, Hypnowulf.7403 said:

I'd like you to take a look at Dragon's End and tell me how many players are there, currently. You can go and look, I'll wait. From everything I've read, all of the metas are dead. It isn't just Dragon's End, it's just... everything. The people who're still playing took their turtle, their skiff, and got out. They're playing other content if they're still playing at all.

Well I just did exactly that.

Kaineng, at this exact moment, has 13 groups listed in the LFG, 8 of them for the Meta, and 6 of them are on full or almost full maps.

Both Echovald and Dragon's End currently have 3 meta groups each, but the number for Dragon's End is constantly changing atm with groups filling up very quickly

Edited by Maikimaik.1974
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

2.There has been no announcement of any new Living World.

They absolutely did announce that there will be a new Living World season though? Sure they didn't specifically mention Living World, but new maps and story is exactly what Living World is...

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Maikimaik.1974 said:

They absolutely did announce that there will be a new Living World season though? Sure they didn't specifically mention Living World, but new maps and story is exactly what Living World is...

They gave a vague promise of a new map and new story.  This is not an announcement of Living World at all. It sure isn't, as the OP I was responding to a "season".
If it were indeed LW, they would have said LW.
But they didn't.
So if indeed it is, as you claim, the same thing, then why didn't they just say that?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11

21 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

They gave a vague promise of a new map and new story.  This is not an announcement of Living World at all. It sure isn't, as the OP I was responding to a "season".
If it were indeed LW, they would have said LW.
But they didn't.
So if indeed it is, as you claim, the same thing, then why didn't they just say that?

Maybe they're going for smaller, map specific stories. Maybe they're just renaming the entire concept. But a map with story in it is exactly what LW episodes are, what else could it possibly be?

Edited by Maikimaik.1974
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 1:18 PM, Borked.6824 said:

More resources to re-release old content?  Bring on the confused reactions because I am too.

Basically they need to reverse engineer Season 1.
First they need to break it apart, look at what can and can't be salvaged, check how certain things are called or initialised. God forbid somewhere else in the game  is using anything built in that era as that could cause a breakage they need to account for. This is why we don't get any changes to Dungeons apparently its dangerous to even try and touch it as could just stop working.
Then they basically need to redesign it back up to work in a more modern way whilst somehow still keeping the old feel but being fun.

Its a super intensive project when you think about it as its the same as making new content with extra steps. 
Why the refused to do it in the past as they said the financial cost wasn't worth it but obviously someone somewhere has a slide showing thats no longer the case or an call has come from high up the chain to just swallow the hit and fix it already.

Edited by Laken.9018
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crono.4197 said:

Why do you feel the need to gatekeep the forums?  If the game is as good as you say, it'll stand on its own merit.  Oh, right.  I forgot.  You've put a lot of time into this game, you enjoy it, and you care about its past, present, and future.  The exact same reason people are making their complaints known.  It's called feedback, in case you didn't know.

Personally, I'm fairly disappointed in EoD.  I don't think it's a finished product and I hope they take the time to fix issues like bugs, QoL, but also copy/pasted content, lack of content, and just straight up poorly designed elements like the jade everythings cluttering the map for no good reason or the hour-long copy/paste bonanza preceding the DE meta.  I also think balance remains atrocious and several of the new specs need a lot of attention.

Having said that, I feel positive about the announcement on GW2's future.  I think redoing LS1 is a good call, especially with the steam release on the way.  I was happy to hear that they intend to invest in the game's future enough to commit to another expansion early on this time around.  I also think the frequent balance updates with focus on overhauling outdated weapons is a good call.

However, much of this hinges on their ability to stay the course, and I'm afraid ANet has a kitten track record on this.  We were promised a lot of things in the past with the same certainty and promptly saw those promises abandoned. So, I think it's good to be optimistic but also realistic and outright skeptical.  ANet's earned all of that with everything they've done up until now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Maikimaik.1974 said:

Maybe they're going for smaller, map specific stories. Maybe they're just renaming the entire concept. But a map with story in it is exactly what LW episodes are, what else could it possibly be?

You mean, they would be taking a well established concept (LWS), repackaging it into something worse and people like you would be defending and swallowing it saying "nah man, we're getting the same thing. It might not be a full LWS but we get one map that is JUST LIKE a LW thing". Just like people were defending Dragon Response Missions as "good" content. Yeah sure "it's something different".. Yeah, different bad. Look at yourself. The single map-story dlc hasn't even happened yet or been confirmed, and you're already defending it even though it's a downgrade of what they've been giving us as a studio for years.

If you don't see how your reaction is precisely groomed by greedy developers in today's gaming market (no mater which studio it is) than your ego is larger than your ability to see clearly. You are EXACTLY the type of audience greedy studios want. Just getting hypnotized by anything new/shiny, even if it means worse.

6 hours ago, Crono.4197 said:

Some people have the right to complain. Investing their time and money into this game for years. You are dismissive of us and call us haters, because it suits your fragile narrative. But I've no interest in changing your opinion. This is official GW2 forum, this is feedback place. And some people's opinions should matter more to Anet. Financially speaking. A lot, lot more.

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Personally, I'm fairly disappointed in EoD.  I don't think it's a finished product and I hope they take the time to fix issues like bugs, QoL, but also copy/pasted content, lack of content, and just straight up poorly designed elements like the jade everythings cluttering the map for no good reason or the hour-long copy/paste bonanza preceding the DE meta.  I also think balance remains atrocious and several of the new specs need a lot of attention.

Which previous release have they gone back to and reworked it in equal measure to what you're proposing, after launch day? I'm afraid they have their hands full with LWS1 rework and other things they can promote as the new shiny. I think EoD is staying exactly like it is except minor bug fixes and balance ofc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Maikimaik.1974 said:

Again I will ask....

Why didn't they just say "We are currently working on the next season of Living World"?
If indeed that is what they are doing.

What else could it "possibly be?"
Anything. It could be a low quality release like Grothmar. It could be little more than a festival style map with a story instance it could be a lot of things. It could indeed be a continuation of Living World. They have not said.

Here is why you need to put a critical eye to what Anet is saying and not make assumptions:
Prior to the expac the company told us that 2 new stat combinations were coming to the game.
In the patch notes they said:
"This attribute combination is now available on all Legendary Items and select sources in End Of Dragons content"
What is missing there?
On May 25th 2019, the company said that available stat combinations were dependant on owned expansions. However this changed with End of Dragons. You cannot choose Ritualist or Dragon's stats from existing stat selectable offerings earned previously in PvE.
In short, they changed the rules.
And rather than say "we changed the rules" and explain why, and apologize to those of us who spent large amounts of time farming up spare trinkets they left it purposefully vague wondering it was a bug....
Until you go back and read those patch notes again and realize this is EXACTLY what they were doing.

There are a few examples just like the above.
I am excited about the prospect of content. I would absolutely LOVE them to say "we are currently working on the next season of Living World."
I don't just like Living World and the format and formula, it was a big part of what kept me hooked on this game for several years. I think it was the best kitten update model in any MMO I have ever played. It kept me meaningfully engaged for months after every release completing the maps doing collections, running the story on alts with friends....
If they had gone onto their blog post and said "We are abandoning this content delivery model" there would have been a pretty big outcry and I would have been one of those people crying out.
So they left it vague.... knowing full well how negative the reaction would be.
ESPECIALLY considering the fact that a significant portion of the Living World fans also feel burned by content gating in EoD.

Unfortunately, you need to read between the lines with Anet these days. If they are "Hinting" at something by not using their usual labels it means something has changed.
Unfortunately they have not been forthright with us on these kinds of changes recently.

If they didn't say "New Living World Content", then it's safe to assume you are not getting it and the replacement will fit the vague promise of the blog post but not live up to expectations previously set.

Edited by mindcircus.1506
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:06 AM, scarlettmoonbabe.6932 said:

https://mmo-population.com/
as i post this guild wars 2 is ranked at 7th most played mmo right now. they are making a ton of cash. can't wait to see it at top 5.

You should look into how they calculate the populations.  It's essentially the number of reddit subscribers multiplied by some arbitrary number they made up.

This is from their About section:

Exposing how it works

We measure two primary metrics: Reddit Subscribers and Reddit Active Users.

Magic number: This is the number taken from averaging out the biggest and most recently known public subscriber and daily player numbers vs reddit subscribers.

Metric      Formula
Current magic number      54.0614
Total players      (Subscribers*54.0614)
Activity rating      (Active users/Subscribers)*500
Daily players      (Total players*0.095*(Activity rating/10)
Edited by mythical.6315
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blood.7254 said:

You mean, they would be taking a well established concept (LWS), repackaging it into something worse and people like you would be defending and swallowing it saying "nah man, we're getting the same thing. It might not be a full LWS but we get one map that is JUST LIKE a LW thing". Just like people were defending Dragon Response Missions as "good" content. Yeah sure "it's something different".. Yeah, different bad. Look at yourself. The single map-story dlc hasn't even happened yet or been confirmed, and you're already defending it even though it's a downgrade of what they've been giving us as a studio for years.

If you don't see how your reaction is precisely groomed by greedy developers in today's gaming market (no mater which studio it is) than your ego is larger than your ability to see clearly. You are EXACTLY the type of audience greedy studios want. Just getting hypnotized by anything new/shiny, even if it means worse.

You're making quite a lot of assumptions about me. Not once did I even mention liking LW, in fact I'm not a big fan of LW whatsoever and much prefer expansions. I don't know if independent one-off LW episodes would be better, the same or worse than the current model, and neither do you. I'm not defending anything.

Edited by Maikimaik.1974
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

So according to the news, EoD was such a success that we're getting another expansion, LW1, a completely new living world, Steam launch and balance patches. This is exactly what we were getting a year ago.

In other words, they spun the reality that EoD didn't have much of an impact into "EoD was a resounding success." Bravo!

It sound like you are the one who has spun their own reality, namely that EoD was a flop -- which it is not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Crono.4197 said:

You left out " I only complain so much because I love the game"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your all forgotten EOD was bundled for new / returning players such as myself with PoF, we never bought eod we bought pof and got EOD for free, 

those numbers therefore are not correct, EOD is not doubled it’s sales, more likely it sold 1- -2X that of regular expansions because it is free. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Your all forgotten EOD was bundled for new / returning players such as myself with PoF, we never bought eod we bought pof and got EOD for free, 

those numbers therefore are not correct, EOD is not doubled it’s sales, more likely it sold 1- -2X that of regular expansions because it is free. 

HoT is bundled with PoF.  The bundle that includes EoD has all 3 expansions.  I do not think that was probably a major seller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DarcShriek.5829

That's... kind of obnoxious. I mean, some of us actually do.

Let me lay this out for you.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 since beta. I got a bunch of stuff from the original game because I had also played that. Now, I'm an abuse survivor and one of my coping mechanisms was dragons. I'm a plural traumagenic, so one of my headmates has identified as a dragon for the longest time to help me. I'm extremely fond of them so I can empathise with them very easily. I can stand fighting dragons as villains, but only if they're really just nothing more than a force of nature.

LWS4 changed all that.

We found out that Kralkatorrik was being actively tortured by an outside force, that he didn't wnat to be the way he was acting and that something had been literally eating at him for a long time. We now understand that this was the Dragonvoid. I recall... that I didn't like putting him down, it was painful.

Thinking of doing harm to dragons just makes me thinkof harm to my dragon, and that brings up a lot of old traumas.

When The Icebrood Saga rolled around, they had a tagline with it. Along the lines of "We're going to learn uncomfortable truths about the Elder Dragons, that they're nothing like we think they are." Yay, I thought to myself, we might actually get to save an Elder Dragon, that'd do me a goodness.

Jormag was... dangerous for me. The thing is is that the story with Jormag is that they'd been abused long term by Primordus, that Primordus had been putting them through telepathic abuse. Jromag was written as an empath who wanted to protect people with her ice, whereas Primordus just wanted to kill, kill, and kill. The thing ist hough ist hat Primordus would use his connection to his minions to get a front-row seat of the suffering he was causing, and he'd force Jormag to watch.

I mean, that'd drive anyone with any amount of empathy mad.

So, this worried me. I broached the topic with Tom Abernathy—the lead writer at the time—multiple times. I was assured I had nothing to worry about. It was fine. It would all work out okay. Oh, I remember thinking to myself, I know what you're doing. You're using Jormag to make a point about the just-world fallacy and how people vilify victims.

Before you continue, you should... look into the just-world fallacy.

They were going to use a dragon to cover a topic that had a lot of meaning to me! Hooray! That you shoudln't judge someone based on how they're being punished because they're a victim. I was elated. I'd poke Tom a few more times... Again, reassurance. The title 'End of Dragons' worried me, so I asked Tom about that and he said that if hew knew how much ArenaNet cared about dragons, I'd know I had nothing to worry about.

Okay then, cool, ArenaNet was going to use Jormag to confront the just-world fallacy! Oh, in Champions they really are, Jormag is making it really clear that they're being tormented and tortured, so they're actually going to do this.

I mean, I was worried about the content prior, much of it that I couldn't do but... It looked like it was going to happen. I felt relieved. There was one tell though that tweaked at my mind and left me feeling betrayed. The Claw of Jormag in Drizzlewood.

Okay, so... This actually disturbed me. It begins with a little home invasion as many things do, but then the Claw is hiding behind an ice pillar. This drove home to me that they're a scared kid who wans to protect their mom who's trapped in ice right now, but they're still scared of the invading forces.

The kid's literally twitching and trembling behind that little ice pillar of his. It's destroyed, and he flies off only to be shot out of the air. And this is where it gets really harrowing... Thanks to my empathy, it was easy to read what happens to Claw as a panic attack. He's dry heaving, staring off into the middle-distance (not really looking at anything), and weaky flailing. This isn't a hostile creature attacking you, this is a very scared—if very large—kid who's just freaking the heck out because they know they're about to die. I wasn't the only one who saw it, either. I showed that to a few other empaths I know and they were more than a little unnerved by it. It was disturbing.

Whuuf.

Okay, on we go. So, Jormag's enduring what we now know was the Dragonvoid and Primordus's continuing abuse. They have to watch both their kids getting killed (Drakkar just acts like a confused puppy for the most part), they've endured so much, and they're just begging Aurene for help.

Why do they all go mad? I mean, I guess try dealing with a force that's trying to corrupt you, while also dealing with being abused by telepathic assaults for millennia, while also having to watch your kids get murdered. See what that does for your sanity.

What happened with Jormag left me feeling hurt and betrayed, honestly. Instead of challenging the just-world fallacy, they drove Jormag to commit suicide. That's a lovely message for abuse survivors. No one's ever going to care about you, just kill yourself. I didn't want to give them yet another chance with End of Dragons, but I thought... I'd at least look into it. The trailer was quite promising, the conversation between Soo-Won and Kuunavang. That seemed to set things off right, so perhaps this time we'd get to save an Elder Dragon for a change instead of torturing them and then butchering them (with a side order of killing their kitten kids).

Kralkatorrik and the way they advertised The Icebrood Saga changed the narrative of Elder Dragons in my head.

You know how End of Dragons went, and they couldn't have hurt me more with it if they tried. So, we learn about the Dragonvoid. In other words, none of the Elder Dragons were evil—they were all victims to this corruptive force and none of them deserved to die. Every time Jormag lapsed, it was due to the Dragonvoid taking control for a moment just as it did with Soo-Won. We learn that before Primordus turned into an evil, abusive person he was a momma's boy. Why would you do that to me? How had I wronged you, ArenaNet?

I'd always been a loyal customer. Like I said, I was there for the first Guild Wars. I bought everything. In GW2 I actually have 90~ per cent of the mount skins as I was enjoying myself and I thought that a game was going to use dragons to help teach people about the just-world fallacy. I brought that up with Tom Abernathy too.

The thing is? I think Tom empathised, because he's gone now. I don't think this is the story Mr. Abernathy wanted either, because he's now with Bungie. I just don't think he could stand being a part of it considering the story he wanted to tell and what they did tell. He probably knew how much it would hurt people like me. Or maybe just me.

Soo-Won though...

See, I've been a loyal customer for years. So many years. I brought my partner and others into this game, I bought lots of things for them because I was a massive fan. I dug ArenaNet. I was all in for GW2. Does that sound like a hater to you?

With End of Dragons, it sounded like they'd learned their lesson. Soo-Won was written to be the most benevolent, loving, caring, kind, considerate person in the kitten canon, far more so than Aurene or anyone else. See, for a moment, I thought... Oh, this is what they're going to do to set it right. Through Soo-Won and Aurene we'll fight the Dragonvoid, maybe we'll be able to purify the Elder Dragons and cast the Dragonvoid out of them. It wouldn't hurt anything, they could just be background characters as we go off on our adventures to fight the Dragonvoid. Okay, that'd be really cool.

Admittedly, I was fooling myself. But I was fooling myself because I had faith in ArenaNet. But it's all just profits, isn't it? If some fans are tired of the dragon plot, you have to ensure you that you cause as much suffering as possible! You can't just let them be background characters. It's kind of evil. Frankly, it makes the Commander look like a psychopath.

How often has the cast, using thaumababble, come up with some Deus Ex Magicka to explain away some nonsense? I'm an empath, I like saving people. It's what I want heroes to do. I would've liked to have been able to save Blish and Zojja too, but that was never on the cards. I worried a lot for Taimi who's... just been terminally ill for a long time, now.

It just feels like Guild Wars 2 has become a story for people who think that suffering is novel. There's no hope, no one's going to be okay, and everyone is just going to suffer. I've laid into Wings of Fire and The Cruel King and the Great Hero for my dragon content of late and both of them have helped me heal after what ArenaNet did.

You think I'm a hater? You think I'm complaining because I hate the game? You couldn't be more wrong. I'm just airing my sincere feelings because I loved this game and ever since The Icebrood Saga, everything's been a mess. If they had just left these dragons as more of a force of nature? I would've been okay! I could've handled that! But they keep showing that these poor beasts are just victims of circumstance!

That everything bad that's happened to them is because of the Dragonvoid, and no one really gave a kitten. No one bothered to try to save them.

I would've. I thought that's what I would've had the opportunity to do. As an abuse survivor who's lived the just-world fallacy, who was being actively abused while people were calling me a manipulator, to the point where I had to save myself from abuse? I was... really hoping that ArenaNet was going to do something special.

It would've been the most meaningful thing in the world to me had they used dragons to counter the just-world fallacy.

I felt betrayed. I don't feel so betrayed by Tom Abernathy anymore though as it's clear that they really stabbed him in the back and twisted the knife, too. He wouldn't be at Bungie now, otherwise. So I forgive him. Sometimes your hands are tied because people are jerks. What I don't understand is... Why?

So, yes. I'm upset, I feel betrayed.

I read the forums, and I found that a lot of people felt betrayed. PvP/WvW players got nothing. EoD is kind of a buggy, rushed mess. Even if everyone didn't feel betrayed, some of them felt a little disappointed. And it's frankly wretched, disingenuous, and outright venomous to suggest that anyone who has anything negative to say is just a troll who's out to hurt the game.

No one's going to read this, but I had to speak my mind.

Edit: The name Hypnowulf, if you're curious, is... Well, I do wonder if given my life's experiences it looks like I'm broadcasting my manipulative nature. Nah. I have a vested interest in hypnotherapy.

After what I'd been through? I've spent a lot of my life wondering how I could help others who'd endured much the same, and I have actually helped some. When you've endured something like that, you want to provide succor.

This is what I assumed Jormag's deal was with ice protects. That hey, if Jormag can't save herself with her power, then maybe at least she can save you. As an empath, and as an abuse survivor? I can really empathise with that. You're really driven to. I thought that Jormag's lapses were due to the torment she was enduring, that she was being overprotective and didn't trust your friends. Now I know I wasn't far off the mark. The Dragonvoid was likely making her paranoid.

Didn't help that, y'know, we killed her kids. It just doesn't feel right. Nothing about GW2 does ever since LWS4.

Heck, if you want to know more about the kind of person I am. If it can in any way prove my sincerity? I don't want to share too much about myself in case my standing with this community puts others I care about in danger of being doxxed and mistreated but...

I've gotten into Wings of Fire a lot as a coping mechanism. I have an OC. Can you guess what they are? If you guessed hypnotherapist, you'd be right.

https://toyhou.se/15034267.shimmer

If you care enough to learn, I wanted you to understand the kind of person I am and why I felt so betrayed and hurt by Guild Wars 2. See, if Tom's bosses had been honest with him so he could've been honest with me? It would've been fine.

If Tom had been like No, sorry. It won't go the way you want, it's better if you stop now. Then that would've been okay! Sincerity! I would've respected that and just stopped playing at that time. That isn't what happened though. I was lead along just to be hurt.

And it still hurts. I'm sorry if that's offensive or that makes me a hater, but there you go.

Edit 2: And I don't want any of you to feel like garbage over this. I just... wanted my position to be better understood.

Edited by Hypnowulf.7403
I added in something I forgot as I'm kind of emotional right now. | I've also added a section to the bottom to further illustrate things.
  • Confused 2

On 3/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, Bookah pls.9352 said:

I know this will probably come as a shock to you, but people are totally allowed to and very often do not enjoy 100% of every single aspect of something and that is perfectly fine.

What is not fine is telling people to quit a game they love to play because they don't absolutely love the latest expansion, get a grip of yourself.

Should i just never order a pizza again because my favourite pizza delivery place gave me a bad order once? Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

Ok then. So by your logic, it's fine if I also make forum threads each day about how I don't like Strikes and Raids and how ArenaNet should remove them because I'm a special snowflake and I don't like them, right?

It's fine to complain about something but these forums are like 80% people complaining about the game, in a hateful way, just because they can and without giving any good feedback and only 20 % actually constructive things that actually help the game.

Regarding the pizza, it's fine if there's one bad order but the forums aren't saying "one order was bad", the forums are spammed with "all orders are bad and the pizza parlor will close soon!!!!" and continue to spam that every day, when the pizza parlor actually has good pizza and gets most deliveries right.

When things are not great, it's always "waaa waaa GW2 ded gheim it will shutdown in 2 months". When things are good, it's always "waaa waaa it's a lie they're actually going bad, everything is a lie and the game will shutdown in 2 months".

So it must mean that those people don't actually like the game if they continue to do this, right?  You can't tell me people that hatefully complain actually love the game, when they're saying that the game should change everything about it, that it will be dead soon, just because it's not like *insert mainstream MMO with gear trendmill and "git gud" boss fights*.

Edited by Crono.4197
small typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 3/23/2022 at 4:19 AM, Tatwi.3562 said:

Existing game play systems that were used in Core/HoT/PoF/LW Maps, but not at all in EoD. No mount races, no adventures of any kind, no updrafts, etc.

For good reason, as not all players, especially new or returning players, have to go back and grind that experience/mastery points.

• Confused 2

This forum is getting more toxic and toxic. Anyone who is saying something nice about the game is being white knighted, but let's take the opportunity to talk about the dark knights.

What are dark knights? That are people who are somehow attached to the game (most likely in such a toxic way that it is simular to an addiction), but dislike each and every aspect about out (with the possible exception of their own personal niche). Wheneover someone says something nice about aspects they dislike they sprint to the keyboard to battle them and call them out.

I hope the forum moderators are taking much more effort to fight this poison.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

I been a dark knight for Swtor for years lol, legacy of the sith finally broke my spirit. I enjoyed it but come on 3 hours of content. Its not that they are toxic, they just do not know better lol or to emotionally invested to let it fail mentally

4 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

This forum is getting more toxic and toxic. Anyone who is saying something nice about the game is being white knighted, but let's take the opportunity to talk about the dark knights.

What are dark knights? That are people who are somehow attached to the game (most likely in such a toxic way that it is simular to an addiction), but dislike each and every aspect about out (with the possible exception of their own personal niche). Wheneover someone says something nice about aspects they dislike they sprint to the keyboard to battle them and call them out.

5 hours ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

This also happens the other way around, everytime people say even one little thing that its not good it get crashed. I would like topics that are a bit more objective and less subjective, and with common sense.

People just want their opinion to be the valid one, i enjoyed EoD i think its a good/decent expansion, ofc it has some things that could be better. Still or you have to mark it 10/10 or 0/0.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3