Ground Targeting occurs when Dismounting via Bond of Faith

Since EoD released there's a high probability of positional AOE attacks being snapped to player's feet - much like the option in the menu can do, only, it's already disabled. If I toggle the option in menus it does not relinquish control. Some unknown combo can reset it, but usually a re-log must occur to fix this problem. In a few hours of gameplay this can happen as many as 5 times. Please sort this out because it massively inconvenient, especially in group events, strikes and metas.

Good day. o/

Edit: this problem actually occurs with attack dismounts too.

Edited by Holgarf.6581
Added details.

Oh, so that's what triggers it?

Had it happen twice so far. The AoE don't literally snap, they just behave as if the cursor was somewhere else on the screen. So if you have "hold button to target" (aka fast cast) enabled, the AoE moves along with you usually stuck at max range if "stop aoe reticle at max range" is also enabled. It also affects vectored skills (like virtuoso elite) and seems to ignore range restrictions.

I believe what *actually happens* (based on observing my red-bar in-range indicators) is the targeting system thinks the player is in a different location than they really are. It may be the location where they dismounted?

If I was to guess I'd say it's probably related to this new "out of body experience" tech that's used with Jade Bot free flying, or turtles having the ability to attach other players.

Edited by rune.9572

4 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

Oh, so that's what triggers it?

Had it happen twice so far. The AoE don't literally snap, they just behave as if the cursor was somewhere else on the screen. So if you have "hold button to target" (aka fast cast) enabled, the AoE moves along with you usually stuck at max range if "stop aoe reticle at max range" is also enabled. It also affects vectored skills (like virtuoso elite) and seems to ignore range restrictions.

I believe what *actually happens* (based on observing my red-bar in-range indicators) is the targeting system thinks the player is in a different location than they really are. It may be the location where they dismounted?

If I was to guess I'd say it's probably related to this new "out of body experience" tech that's used with Jade Bot free flying, or turtles having the ability to attach other players.

So a bit like with the audio? Where you dismount and the dialogue is left behind? I would have thought remounting and dismounting would solve the issue if that were the case but it could be it, but of course it doesn't always happen. I've been on for a couple hours today and it's happened half a dozen times already. Very irritating bug.

• 2 months later...

Had this happen a few times too, but never managed to catch what set it off. In that state all AoEs are indeed autocasting at my character's feet, changing the casting options (Normal, Fast with Range Indicator, Instant) does not change anything; the "Snap Ground Target" keybind is unbound and cannot be used, but even setting and using it to toggle does not change anything.

Just now it went away after I waypointed, but I don't know if that is a reliable fix. Next time this happens I'll try to pay more attention and add what could be the trigger here.

Might be related to an (older) other bug where sometimes you dismount but the camera remains in 'mount mode', swaying weirdly and being further behind your character? Noticed it mostly with the Griffon.

Anyhow, it's very odd behaviour and really killing combat flow if all your AoEs are snapped to your feet.

• Haha 1