Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

@Sharen Graves.1276 said:If I could get just the skins I wanted I would buy 11 of them right now. But since you have to add RNG into it I will be getting 0.

THIS! I would buy 9 skins of them. The rest I don't like. But since I can't just buy them, I will not get a single one of them. I'd rather save my money on something I can actually choose.

Saw about five skins I'd buy directly.

Saw zero skins I will gamble for.

I have not so far, and I will not in the future, support lootboxes in any shape or form. For what it's worth, I won't spend another cent on gems as long as this is in the game. BLC was a crappy method of distributing (thankfully only a few) items already, and this is just unbelievable. I hope your whales are worth it, because my money is going to other people in the future.

I would have gotten one for each mount just for the dye channels myself. But with the gamble that's not going to happen and i know i would have to sink far more money than i want because id end up with skins i don't want or need. I was kinda eager to go and test the buffs to holosmith until i saw this crap, just put me off playing entirely.

I really hope the individual skins appear on the store for 500, 600, maybe even 700 or 800 gems each.... but considering reforged warhound is 2k gems for ONE skin, it is pretty clear that they think any of the flashy skins are worth 2k gems. ($25 worth of gems in cash, 638 gold at the current trade price)

We MIGHT get the less flashy skins for 1k or less gems, but flashy ones are going to easily be 1600-2000 each IF they ever even go on sale as individual items and not RNG gambles :( such a disappointment for something I would have been happy to pay 400 each for a guaranteed skin I want! Heck, even 800 gems each for a guarantee on the flashy skins I want... but more than that for ONE skin that I actually want is silly.

One of the worst parts of this were the Halloween Skins. A set of skins for all your mounts that were bundled at a reasonable price? Wow great job A.net! If this is how it's going to be I can't wait to see what you have next.

Yeah right... it was just a bait to make us believe A.net wouldn't exploit us without shame seeing a single skin going for 2000 gems and this RNG nonsense.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

The math:400 * 31 = 12,400 gems.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

Those dyes can be bought on the TP and flooded quite nicely with supply. Mount skins cannot be bought on the TP.

Still, someone had to play the lotto for folks like you or I to take advantage of the discount. In fact, at least in this case, the 400 gems guarantees a skin; the other RNG boxes on the gem shop contain more junk than not.

I'm not likely to be willing to plop down 400 gems without getting to choose a skin, but all the same: I can see why you (like I) won't want to spend that amount for RNG, but why does it affect your paying for anything else that the game has to offer?

No, you don't play the lotto because the dyes can come from other sources than BLTC, be they drops or the anniversary packs.

Just counted and there's approximately 11 mounts here I'd buy. Maybe as many as 15. (It'd help to know if they're dyable.) So that's 4,400 gems.

Unfortunately for both Anet and myself the number I'm actually buying is zero, since I can't buy the ones I want, only a "chance" at any of the new ones.

@Zelanard.5806 said:What were in the black lion boxes were never as anticipated, as useful nor as wanted as this. The things that were, was never account bound on acquire. Only the mini pets was an issue, and the mini pets were never that big of a deal.

I would argue the opposite case. This latest stunt reveals how pathetic the BL chest skin hoarding was in the first place.

@Lpfan.3578 said:I really hope the individual skins appear on the store for 500, 600, maybe even 700 or 800 gems each.... but considering reforged warhound is 2k gems for ONE skin, it is pretty clear that they think any of the flashy skins are worth 2k gems. ($25 worth of gems in cash, 638 gold at the current trade price)

We MIGHT get the less flashy skins for 1k or less gems, but flashy ones are going to easily be 1600-2000 each IF they ever even go on sale as individual items and not RNG gambles :( such a disappointment for something I would have been happy to pay 400 each for a guaranteed skin I want! Heck, even 800 gems each for a guarantee on the flashy skins I want... but more than that for ONE skin that I actually want is silly.

Yeah, I agree. 800 gems is the highest price for one skin I would consider buying.

I'm super disappointed in these being yet another RNG-based gamble. The price is fine but I don't want them all and I don't want to spend another $120+ dollars to get things I don't want. Judging from the fact that they stated you can buy 30 Adoption Passes for a deal to get "all currently available mounts," the table is going to get even wider as we go on. Which means less chance of getting what I want and the less inclined I am to spend money.

The price is decent. The RNG is awful. :/

I happily forked over 1800 gems for the Spooky mounts but this...this is predatory cash grabs. I understand making money off mounts, I would HAPPILY fork over another 450 per mount I want but guess what Anet, you get nothing now because you decided to pull this stunt. I don't want skimmers or bunny skins and I am not paying for something I do not want. Bad move...way bad move.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

The math:400 * 31 = 12,400 gems.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

Since more and more stuff gets added behind a RNG wall. Soon you might be able to log in through a RNG system.

How did Anet fall this low? Paying for gampling, this is a joke. Why can't we just select the mount skin we want, like we do with the mini tickets (yeah, I get it, because stupid people will spend more money they get what they want). I hope this shit will aliante enough people to change this crap or never do it again.

Anet,

Speaking as someone who is admittedly a very large "whale" (and who also has fairly legendary RNG according to my peers), I still can't see how this is a good idea. Like everyone else I want to pay gems for skins, not for a chance at them. I am someone who tries to collect absolutely everything. I enjoy doing so. I just might sit this one out because I'm really disappointed you went this route.

I know, I know....if I don't like it, don't buy it. But I did like it, and I was helping at least one of your kids through college with this habit. Please reconsider.

@Danikat.8537 said:Just counted and there's approximately 11 mounts here I'd buy. Maybe as many as 15. (It'd help to know if they're dyable.) So that's 4,400 gems.

Unfortunately for both Anet and myself the number I'm actually buying is zero, since I can't buy the ones I want, only a "chance" at any of the new ones.

Yup, that 4,400 might as well be full price as you might not even get the ones you want until the very end.Maybe one of them if you're lucky.Maybe.

@crashburntoo.7431 said:On the plus side, these skins should be available via the Random Wardrobe Unlock... for those that happen across one or more of these, you could be pleasantly surprised! If you don't like any of the new mount skins, I'm sorry to say that your pool of potential unlocks has now been slightly diluted.

Except the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock is only available from Black Lion Chests, so that's actually adding an extra layer of RNG to getting the skin you want.

I think my favorite part is there was a thread about the rng for black lion chests recently. It's like Anet read it and said "Hey guys, this will be a really great troll" (Which most likely isn't the case). I would be more supportive of the rng for mounts if the mount skins were actually interesting. They are all just recolors with minor model changes, AKA stuff a novice modeler can create in like 2-3 hours per skin. I'll definitely buy up that jackal skin for 2000 gems because it looks cool, but the other skins will just be bought with gold to gems every once in a while.

@Danikat.8537 said:Just counted and there's approximately 11 mounts here I'd buy. Maybe as many as 15. (It'd help to know if they're dyable.) So that's 4,400 gems.

I bought two and both are dye-able. One had three dye boxes and the other four. No idea if this is the norm, or if I just happened to get ones I could dye.