jade Bot - On\Off setting for Notifications, please.

Aeon.4583

It is really really unpleasant design. Scavenger and Recycle protocols are sending notifications into channels were important information is sent.

Can we, please, have optional on\off setting for Jade Bot notifications?

Loot scroll gives information about Jade Bot's activities anyway.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

dont use those mods? I find it better to use hoverboost and mount energy.

I just prefer to keep bags clean of junk. But so much spam goes in chat log and on screen. Recycle uses "error" notification channel. It appears in middle of screen.

• Like 1

Had a good time today playing the game.

Left the squad early, time to scroll to find names.

Want to add people to friends list and guilds.

Hoping some people used /s to ping builds.

Hopes and dreams instantly shattered and sunk.

Your jade bot recycled some junk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JamalT.2976 said:

Does it appear at the top of the screen for everyone else or just in chat? I would definitely like there to be a disable option for both!

Recycle uses "error" channel. Message of that channel appears in the middle of screen, can't disable it, and shouldn't be able to.

But, independent setting for Jade Bot's notification should solve that problem. Loot scroll gives us more than enough info that Jade Bot does it's job.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Thanks 2

+1 for this setting.
Also add a setting to disable the sound of the jade bot as I find it particularly annoying.

And take a page from the ancient (but more advanced than jade tech it seems) Itzel lore and make it so that we get the buffs and batteries automatically when we get close to them. Or even charge the bot automatically, with things like solar power or by drawing power from that awful jade green everywhere.

Oh and merge both defensive and offensive jade protocols, we have more than enough clutter already.

Or simply get rid of the jade bot altogether, turn ziplines into... idk bouncing mushrooms and updrafts, remove protocols, replace the mastery track with an "Ugly Jade green overexposure resistance" mastery track that gives us bonus HP, bonus damage/defense in EoD, other buffs... and reward quality decrease for balance.

I could go on and on but props for trying to make EoD features/maps/events as annoying as possible 😄

• Like 1