Are the ascended trinkets from Zazzl [Shard Collector] in Arborstone intended to be only purchasable this way?

As per the title, are the Master (elite spec) Amulets, Accessories, and Rings intended to only be purchasable if you have finished an EoD elite spec weapon collection and beaten the Harvest Temple strike mission on that specific character/profession or is it supposed to be purchasable just by completing the collection and beating the strike the 1 or 2 times required?

This came up today after I finished completing Harvest Temple for the second time on my account on my Virtuoso today. So far I have completed Harvest Temple on Revenant and Mesmer. Earlier to today before doing the strike for the second time I had finished both collections for Crushing Weight (Untamed hammer) and Dichotomy (Vindicator greatsword). When I was looking at the trinkets from Zazzl on my Virtuoso, everything was locked. I swapped to my Untamed and to my surprise everything was still locked even though I have beaten the strike twice and completed the Untamed's collection. I swapped to my Vindicator and saw I have access to the Vindicator trinket and ring on them. 

Now I was talking to someone else in Arborstone while testing this out and they confirmed they had also completed Harvest Temple then the collection and could immediately purchase it because they so happened to have beaten the strike on the same character/class as the collection.

As far as the wording goes in-game: "Unlock: Complete your profession's elite specialization collection and complete the Harvest Temple strike (one/two) time(s) to unlock." To me this implies you would just have to beat Harvest Temple once or twice (depending on the item) in general as well as complete the appropriate collection. It seems silly but I guess it's inferring not only is the purchase character/class specific, you also have to complete the strike on the same character/class?

Am I weird for thinking that's a bit much for stat selectable trinkets?

• Like 1

I can tell you my experience. I ve completed Temple on my Rev and the collection was unlocked for my guard once i got Purifier.

Important note here: it s only visible to the class you speak to Zyzzl on. So if you got purifier and search for it on any other class than guard, it appears locked.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have now done HT twice, once on a guard, once on a rev. Still no unlock.

Hm. Wiki got updated at some point and now says that HT needs to be completed on the class that did the collection. Others have also said the same.

Edited by RageBear.8957

• 1 month later...

I have this same issue. I've completed Possession (Achievement for the Specter). I've beaten the HT strike multiple times, including with the Thief (once as Daredevil and another time as the Specter) and no luck!

I'm only walking up to talk to Zazzl using the thief (same char) and it's all still locked to me.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

No, I mean.... No item is available for me to buy. They are all locked, all trinkets. There are dozens of them. And when I hover over the lock icon, it tells me "Unlock: Complete your profession's elite specialization collection and complete the Harvest Temple strike one time to unlock". Some say "two times". I've done both the collection ('Possession' for the Specter specialization) and the HT strike multiple times, including with Specter/Daredevil, but no luck.

I've raised a ticket with Support. They responded saying they do not have the ability to unlock items for purchase and that I should submit a bug report in the game, which I already did, and they advised me to raise the issue here.

I've just come from completing yet another Harvest Temple strike mission with the Spelization I'm referring to, but nothing.

Edited by MJHawke.5309
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, RageBear.8957 said:

Have now done HT twice, once on a guard, once on a rev. Still no unlock.

Hm. Wiki got updated at some point and now says that HT needs to be completed on the class that did the collection. Others have also said the same.

Hi RageBear.8957
Have you had any luck?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 9:53 AM, Gulstab.1534 said:

are the Master (elite spec) Amulets, Accessories, and Rings intended to only be purchasable if you have finished an EoD elite spec weapon collection and beaten the Harvest Temple strike mission on that specific character/profession [...]?

Yes. (You need to beat the Harvest Temple twice on that character, by the way, for the amulet.)

On 6/3/2022 at 6:18 PM, MJHawke.5309 said:

No, I mean.... No item is available for me to buy. They are all locked, all trinkets. There are dozens of them. And when I hover over the lock icon, it tells me "Unlock: Complete your profession's elite specialization collection and complete the Harvest Temple strike one time to unlock". Some say "two times". I've done both the collection ('Possession' for the Specter specialization) and the HT strike multiple times, including with Specter/Daredevil, but no luck.

Have you also finished 100% of the EoD story on that character?

If so you, can only buy those of the respective character's profession, the others will remain greyed out. If you want any of the other professions, you need to go through the whole ordeal again with every single one of them.

On 6/12/2022 at 4:56 AM, reapex.8546 said:

Imo, the rules for this vendor is unnecessarily complicated.  
It's like they tried to do a pseudo soubound system on this vendor.

They made it "harder" for the associated achievements.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1