Can I get a link to a sustainable Celestial Condition Mechanist build please?

fourhim.3584

I've found some power builds, but I'm curious what the "best" Conditions one is for PVE and survivability.  I've seen some mention flamethrower, but others mention grenades.  Seen some mention Mace, but others says Pistols.  Before I go all in a Celestial set of armor/weapons/trinkets I'd like to know what I'm building toward.  I am a casual "button mashing" (OK, a little better than that, but not much) player who does PVE Open World only, and wants to do respectable damage while also not dying :)  My previous "very hard to kill" Renegade with tormenting runes was nerfed the day they released the expansion 😞  Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited by fourhim.3584

17 minutes ago, fourhim.3584 said:

Thanks for that video, but I can't tell what runes and sigils he is using.  Please advise.

Build is in the youtube video description. Here: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAoqlxy6YuMYWMWySuRdA-zxIY1ohvMSIBKtAc+AEuG41AifLA-e

It's Superior Sigil of Battle and Superior Sigil of Smoldering with Superior Rune of the Sanctuary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am playing full cele p/p mech in open world with:

Explosives: 1-2-2

Firearms: 1-2-3

Mechanist: 2-2-2

Heal signet, bomb kit, grenade kit, flamethrower, elite signet. You may replace flamethrower and bomb kit if you dont like kit juggling, but grenades is a must have.

The idea is to make the mech to a boon machine, and you can basically use a condi core rotation.

Just now, fourhim.3584 said:

Thanks.  I can get close to this through Trading Post, but I can't get Runes of the Sanctuary.  What would be the next best option between Traveler, Divinity, Pack or Fireworks?  

I also do not have the ne of sanctuary yet. I am using rune of leadership from WvW. But I think fireworks might work better since it giver might on start of combat.

I am also using Sigil of Smoldering and another Sigil instead the one that gives might on swap.

I am still able to solo some bounties...

I am working towards the runes of sanctuary. But I am getting by without them.

52 minutes ago, fourhim.3584 said:

Thanks.  I can get close to this through Trading Post, but I can't get Runes of the Sanctuary.  What would be the next best option between Traveler, Divinity, Pack or Fireworks?  

Sanctuary runes are a bit unique since they give you barrier, which in turn gives you alacrity. You can have permanent alacrity in combat that way.

Give the Koda dungeon a try. I was convinced I wouldn't be able to get the runes either, but I found a group on lfg, and there were two other people in it trying to farm the runes for their mechanists.

I believe doing a full clear (3 paths) two days is enough to get the runes even if you have no prior currency. You can also wait for Super Adventure Box coming in a couple weeks, since to can get the Tyrian voucher to exchange for dungeon currency.

Now if you need a replacement, I would probably go with Runes of the traveler. You don't need the movement speed, but everything else is great for the build, and you can cap the duration of bleeding and burning.