Time for a vendor for Thruster Control Unit

11 minutes ago, Aerinndis.2730 said:

You are not taking into account some people do have difficulty playing the intensiveness of this strike mission and not because they give up too fast. These events for EoD are a mega carpal tunnel fest for some considering their duration and design. Those with disabilities might have trouble reacting as quickly some of these events require. While I am not asking for easy, I am asking for alternative ways to obtain an item that is needed - not just purchasing it. I would not have a problem doing some things like we had to do with the Skyscale to get an item instead of a strike mission. Not everyone is a 14 year old with lightening fast reflexes... 

Last week we finished the 4 EoD Strikes so drunk I had trouble calling out mechanics in English. There is no need for lightning reflexes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

The instanced group-content had so many Last Chances over the years, yet every single one failed. With EoD they have pumped so many resources into this, you could actually believe it would work this time. They have even gutted the most basic sustain-options for existing classes, so we were more open to rely on group-sustain/support rather than self-sustain. In addition they have also taken a look at the existing farming and adjusted a few parameters, so the active community was more willing to participate in the new strike missions. 

It has never been the open world and story-community, that sealed the fate of the previous Last Chances. We just do not enjoy getting insulted or humilated. If the resistance is too high, we move on. Raiders call it weakness, we do not even name it. Why bother with content you do not enjoy at all?

I'm looking forward to the launch of the challenge modes for the new Strike Missions. This is where we will see if the big plan worked out and this Last Chance worked as intended.

What should happen? The Strike Missions remain active, people welcome new players and enjoy having fun together. The more experienced ones dive into the more difficult content, while the others progress their training. 

What should NOT happen? Dejavu of the previous Last Chances. The elite shell themselves up behind LI, kp.me and other funny limitations for 'quality assurance'. They run CMs and the regular strike-missions are only an option, once the weekly-reward-cap was reached. But even then they insist in only playing with experienced players for efficiency. Will not argue on that, everyone should play the content they enjoy. 

If that happens, they have to give alternative options to access some of the items. So I wait for the launch of the challenge modes. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Aerinndis.2730 said:

You are not taking into account some people do have difficulty playing the intensiveness of this strike mission and not because they give up too fast. These events for EoD are a mega carpal tunnel fest for some considering their duration and design. Those with disabilities might have trouble reacting as quickly some of these events require. While I am not asking for easy, I am asking for alternative ways to obtain an item that is needed - not just purchasing it. I would not have a problem doing some things like we had to do with the Skyscale to get an item instead of a strike mission. Not everyone is a 14 year old with lightening fast reflexes... 

I am 44 year old with vision issues. Effectively only seeing with one eye due to double vision and needing glasses frosted in one eye. And Ive completed it.  So I think I can say that less impaired people can do it if making an effort.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9

10 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

The instanced group-content had so many Last Chances over the years, yet every single one failed. With EoD they have pumped so many resources into this, you could actually believe it would work this time. They have even gutted the most basic sustain-options for existing classes, so we were more open to rely on group-sustain/support rather than self-sustain. In addition they have also taken a look at the existing farming and adjusted a few parameters, so the active community was more willing to participate in the new strike missions. 

It has never been the open world and story-community, that sealed the fate of the previous Last Chances. We just do not enjoy getting insulted or humilated. If the resistance is too high, we move on. Raiders call it weakness, we do not even name it. Why bother with content you do not enjoy at all?

I'm looking forward to the launch of the challenge modes for the new Strike Missions. This is where we will see if the big plan worked out and this Last Chance worked as intended.

What should happen? The Strike Missions remain active, people welcome new players and enjoy having fun together. The more experienced ones dive into the more difficult content, while the others progress their training. 

What should NOT happen? Dejavu of the previous Last Chances. The elite shell themselves up behind LI, kp.me and other funny limitations for 'quality assurance'. They run CMs and the regular strike-missions are only an option, once the weekly-reward-cap was reached. But even then they insist in only playing with experienced players for efficiency. Will not argue on that, everyone should play the content they enjoy. 

If that happens, they have to give alternative options to access some of the items. So I wait for the launch of the challenge modes. 

Noone saying you must play everything.
We say that if you want the rewards do the content, if you don't want to do the content don't expect the rewards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

The instanced group-content had so many Last Chances over the years, yet every single one failed.

It's because they don't have a choice. They have to offer traditional endgame content because the most vocal players demand it, plus it's a lot cheaper and easier to produce than MMO content. Just wait until the Steam launch when there's a renewed high demand for vertical progression. You'll notice they've dabbled with it in EoD.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I hope it works out. I really hope everything unfolds as they are/were expecting it. But if the plan backfires, we are in for a rough landing. 

The vocal part of the community is not the majority of the community. Screwing around with the casuals, who kept this game alive and breathing for so long, just to save Instanced Content at all costs is risky. I am with Joon in this situation and rather have a large number of backups ready than taking a bet on a single shot.

We are talking about stuff that has little to no use in instanced content at all. Locking it behind that content just for the sake of making you feel special is weird at best. I would rather give you exclusive armor and weapon-skins, exclusive stat-combs, a separate mastery-track (as in HoT) and maybe even a few exclusive legendaries. That is how I would reward you. 

White Mantle Portal Device is on my whishlist forever. There is literally no way for me to ever obtain it in GW2. Sabetha's Flamethrower backpack, I want this skin so much. Not going to have it ever. Do I keep spamming the forums to undo this? No. Your game-mode needs exclusives, else no one would touch it. It does hurt me, but our game-modes need these differences to be attractive.

To be honest, I prepare for the crash-landing at the moment. While I am interested in the new Strike Missions and really want to give them a try, even if it means playing by your rules, I do not believe this time will be any different to the past tries. Especially the vocal part of your community has proven numerous times that our prejudices about your behavior are partially correct. Currently collecing various currencies and jade-silvers, just for the case the special items magically move into regular vendors. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

This statement can go both ways. 

It can, but every time the devs talk about endgame/challenging content, they joke about 'ayy that one guy in the back who likes raids!' and it's not because that one guy is a majority. The people who engage in CMs and highly-organized play are not the majority by ArenaNet's own admission - though I do think it's important that the people who go hard do get some content to enjoy.

But here's where we are: GW2 is a primarily casual PvE game that also happens to have PvP areas and challenging activities available, so when you ramp up the challenge in a typically casual place like openworld PvE or the main storyline (story version of strikes), that's seen as a disruption of the established balance. Putting flagship expansion features like the Siege Turtle behind these increased challenges achieves the same result.

Mixing and matching like that pits the hardcore players against the casual players, because even though both styles of play are totally fine, they're essentially oil and water. ArenaNet seems increasingly intent on trying to mix its various player demographics together, which seems an odd choice when the previous playbook of allowing for both styles to coexist (instanced fights/public fights, fractals with tiers) seemed to be appealing to both groups perfectly well. That's why, if they're not going to stick with the ability to choose your level of difficulty for these content outliers, they should at least allow things like vendor alternatives so people can still pour time and effort into EoD without developing a hatred for it because they're not having fun.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

They should just add that as reward to (replay) story version of the fight. Blackmailing unwilling people to do strikes by locking such a big feature behind it will not do anything good, not for strike population and not for community as a whole. If anything it will make those people bitter towards both strikes and the game in general and lower their faith for the future content game will offer.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Imo the thing that would fix this while stopping the fighting between player bases is:

Remove account-binding for the necessary items so they can be traded.

Demand is high, so those who enjoy strikes would get rich selling them on. Players who can't or won't do strikes can farm the gold doing gameplay they enjoy. Surely that's win-win?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, radium.7350 said:

They should just add that as reward to (replay) story version of the fight. Blackmailing unwilling people to do strikes by locking such a big feature behind it will not do anything good, not for strike population and not for community as a whole. If anything it will make those people bitter towards both strikes and the game in general and lower their faith for the future content game will offer.

Bingo. Last time I ever pre-order anything from NCSoft.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Haven't bothered  too much but when I checked those idiots were asking for 250 Li etc 😂

I mean wtf, this is so easy content, I have a huge gaming experience with hard games and learn stuff like this in GW2 within a few minutes. But since I don't want to waste time on raiding, and hence have not many Li/KP I will have a hard time to enter sucht content. It's a bit ridiculous. I remember even in WoW people won't ask for such ridiulous stuff.

Anyway, I know I will do it anyways, doing my own group or be lucky and find a decent/normal squad.

Edited by ProtoGunner.4953
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Quitting the game because after many years Anet once requires you to do something other than kill random mobs in open world. 

Nah. The true reason I might quit are people I cannot name properly without being banned trolling every attempt on a reasonable discussion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2