Pet Crit Chance bugged ?

Lobomon.6210

https://imgur.com/a/QLCq9nb

In the first screenshot, my Owl has 104.5% Crit chance with Fury but not all attacks are critting the golem (I believe those are from the 2nd hit on the autoattack).

In the second screenshot, I tried with 99.80% Crit Chance (without spotter) and the result was a lot of non critical attacks. This one could have been bad luck but it seemed like a lot of non crits for just RNG.

Seems like a bug to me, as the tooltip doesn't have any specifics, or is this the way the Birds' autoattack is supposed to work?

• Like 2

It's a bug, pet crit chances aren't accurate. Pretty sure it's been that way since the game launched tbh.

I dunno if they just scale differently on a per point basis and the stat sheet uses the player ratios or what, but whatever the case it isn't a reflection of their actual performance.

9 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

It's a bug, pet crit chances aren't accurate. Pretty sure it's been that way since the game launched tbh.

I dunno if they just scale differently on a per point basis and the stat sheet uses the player ratios or what, but whatever the case it isn't a reflection of their actual performance.

So that's why the HP shown in the Pet Management window also doesn't match the HP the pet actually has.

4 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

Did you use trait: Skirmishing - Vicious Quarry?
I haven't tested it, but it may not give +10% crit chance to the pet, but based on pet management window it does. so maybe your 104,5% is actually 94,5% or even lower, because different bugs (maybe)

Yes, I was and I noticed the 30% increase from Fury but I thought it was intentional and just wasn't mentioned in the trait.

This always comes back to the same thing, they need to clean up the pet bugs and stats.

Pet crit chance isnt bugged per se. But each creature calculates precision differently compared to the player and Anet took the creature code instead of making a unique pet code. Thats why porcines have absolute horrible crit chance scaling compared to all other pets for example.

They need to finally adress this together with the quickness bug. Otherwise vailla pets will stay horrible.

Edited by InsaneQR.7412
  • Like 2