New legendary armors

Will there ever be new legendary armors? I can understand Anet not wanting to release many before, but with the EOD campaign wrapping up the Elder Dragon story I wouldn't mind having an Aurene set to match the new weapons and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind legendary armor to match the new legendary Elder Dragon variants that will be releasing soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I can see your point, I just think that all the current legendary armors look awful though and I personally love anything to do with dragons. It wouldn't be too much different from having to build new legendary weapons every time they release a new set of them though(Keeping in mind that you do have to build five armor pieces as opposed to two weapons). Possibly they could make the mystic forge recipe use the existing legendary armors as the recipe so you're not build an entire set from scratch just altering your currently built set

Edited by Lesharin.9026
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, Lesharin.9026 said:

I can see your point, I just think that all the current legendary armors look awful though and I personally love anything to do with dragons. It wouldn't be too much different from having to build new legendary weapons every time they release a new set of them though(Keeping in mind that you do have to build five armor pieces as opposed to two weapons). Possibly they could make the mystic forge recipe use the existing legendary armors as the recipe so you're not build an entire set from scratch just altering your currently built set

Not a good idea. Either it's expensive again and therefore a gimmick for a very tiny population size. Or it's cheap in which case it's just a cheap skin.

It should be a proper legendary item. I could see them adding a proper open world armor that takes significantly longer, requiring a very extensive collection including story, metas, world bosses, map currencies, activities. The stuff that's rarely necessary.

Because yes. We do have PvP, WvW and PvE armor. However, PvE is the biggest of the three for a reason. Because it's more like 3 game modes / styles of play in a trench coat. Instanced group content is one of them. Sure. But there is a huge game beyond that. 

So a set with nothing that's currently needed for legendary armor but instead is like an even longer skyscale collection line could be magnificent! 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

does it have to be legendary tho? 

We already have a legendary armor for pve, pvp and wvw.

Having to make a 4th set just because I want a cool elder dragon skin would kinda suck 

Two of which (Pvp and wvw) Doesn't have any unique skins at all. Hell, you could say that adding gen 2 weapon set, or even gen 3 is a waste of money and time, yet it still exist. Know why? It's optional. It's something for people to work for if they really wanted to.

I'd love to see new legendary armor frankly.

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

does it have to be legendary tho? 

We already have a legendary armor for pve, pvp and wvw.

Having to make a 4th set just because I want a cool elder dragon skin would kinda suck 

No. We do not have a legendary armor "for PvE". We have a PvE legendary armor, but it's for raiders only - and raiders happen to be only a tiny minority of all PvE players. Most PvE players have to do without.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. We do not have a legendary armor "for PvE". We have a PvE legendary armor, but it's for raiders only - and raiders happen to be only a tiny minority of all PvE players. Most PvE players have to do without.

Wouldn't be Legendary if it was easy to obtain. Raiding is still PVE content. The difficulty of Raiding isn't that high, but the gate for most players is the time it takes to learn the mechanics and the ability to organize a group. There are several guides on how players should set up their builds for Raiding. I recently got into Raiding a couple weeks ago and it was alot easier than I was expecting and the communities like Raid Academy helped immensely with finding groups for Raiding as well as training.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Wouldn't be Legendary if it was easy to obtain.

Depends on what you mean with "easy" but in regards to the difficulty the devs put out a video about the legendary journey on their official YT channel in which they state multiple times in no uncertain terms that they are, instead of some kind of skill prove, supposed to be participation trophies for their related content (just look at e.g. the PvE amulet and the gen 3 weapons, non of them require you to play difficult content at best they are time gated but that's about it).

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Wouldn't be Legendary if it was easy to obtain.

Most of legendary items in this game speak otherwise. In fact, it's not like WvW and SPvP armor sets are in any way hard either. For legendaries, most of the time "effort" is not a synonyme for "difficulty". It's more about length of engagement.

Raiding is still PVE content.

Yes. A small fraction of PvE content most PvE players do not play, and do not want to play. This does not make Envoy set a set "for PvE". It makes it a set "for a small fraction of PvE". Specifically, for Raids.

The difficulty of Raiding isn't that high, but the gate for most players is the time it takes to learn the mechanics and the ability to organize a group.

I agree on the latter, but the former should not be underestimated either. During the time i have been raiding, i helped to organize a lot of training for many players from my social circle, and i know that no, not everyone's going to ever cut it. Some players will never be good enough for raiding no matter how much effort they might put in, and the best they could hope for is to find friends willing to carry them. And that's about the players that are already interested in improving, willing to listen to guidance, adapt their builds etc. Most players are not even at that level.

There are several guides on how players should set up their builds for Raiding. I recently got into Raiding a couple weeks ago and it was alot easier than I was expecting and the communities like Raid Academy helped immensely with finding groups for Raiding as well as training.

Most players will never see those guides. Most players just do not use third-party out-of-game sources to improve their gameplay. If they cannot self-improve based on acquiring knowledge in-game  (and one that will be presented in easy to understand form) and polishing their playstyle, orby having far more experienced friends willing to guide and train them through, then they will just never improve at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Most PvE players have to do without.

most pve players don't need a legendary armor, it would be nice if those that don't want to raid, can still get the skin, on a collection where you get an ascended armor with that skin maybe 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

35 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

most pve players don't need a legendary armor

Nobody needs a legendary armor. It does not matter if you're an OW casual or heavy raider. Still, all those PvE players at the very least have more use of a legendary armor sets than SPvP players, for whom it is completely useless. And yet SPvP mode has an acquisition method aiming at all SPvP players, while PvE does not.

35 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

it would be nice if those that don't want to raid, can still get the skin, on a collection where you get an ascended armor with that skin maybe 

Nah, skin can remain raid-specific. But the functionality should not be so severely limited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Lesharin.9026 said:

Will there ever be new legendary armors? I can understand Anet not wanting to release many before, but with the EOD campaign wrapping up the Elder Dragon story I wouldn't mind having an Aurene set to match the new weapons and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind legendary armor to match the new legendary Elder Dragon variants that will be releasing soon.

If it's just about "matching the legendary weapons", it seems you can do that with outfits (or even armor sets). There's already one with aurene theme anyways.

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. We do not have a legendary armor "for PvE". We have a PvE legendary armor

Yeah, just as you've said, it is a pve legendary armor. If some pve players choose to skip certain aspects of pve, it doesn't somehow change the armor to "not pve".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, just as you've said, it is a pve legendary armor.

It's still a PvE legendary armor that is not for huge majority of PvE players. Basically, you could say it's not a "whole PvE" legendary armor, but a "tiny slice of PvE" legendary armor.

If some pve players choose to skip certain aspects of pve, it doesn't somehow change the armor to "not pve".

It however makes that armor something that is not for most of PvE players. Only for a group that is very much not representative of a PvE crowd.

The truth is still the same - the armor is for raiders only. Most PvErs are not raiders. As such my original point stands - it may be called a PvE armor, but it is definitely not "for PvE" one.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's still a PvE legendary armor that is not for huge majority of PvE players. Basically, you could say it's not a "whole PvE" legendary armor, but a "tiny slice of PvE" legendary armor

No, it's not "basically you could say it's not a whole pve". It's a pve armor and some players choosing to opt out of needed content because they deem the reward not worth the effort doesn't make it any less pve.

24 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It however makes that armor something that is not for most of PvE players. Only for a group that is very much not representative of a PvE crowd.

Nobody tried saying anything about anyone being representative of anything. It was said that it's a pve armor and then you've tried to claim it's not. But it is a pve armor and that's about it. A choice of any individual player or a group of players doesn't change anything about that armor still being a pve acquired armor.

If you want to talk about this "Basically, you could say it's not a "whole PvE" legendary armor, but a "tiny slice of PvE" legendary armor." take again, then the "solution" here would be just stacking more pve activities on top of what is already required. And we both know that's not what you'd find satisfying.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nobody tried saying anything about anyone being representative of anything. It was said that it's a pve armor and then you've tried to claim it's not.

You might want to actually look back and read what was claimed and how i responded. Because it wasn't this.

Hint: the discussion was not from which mode already existing armor sets come from. The discussion was about for which modes they're meant. And raid armor is not meant for whole PvE. It's meant only for raiders.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You might want to actually look back and read what was claimed and how i responded. Because it wasn't this.

Hint: the discussion was not from which mode already existing armor sets come from. The discussion was about for which modes they're meant. And raid armor is not meant for whole PvE. It's meant only for raiders.

well I wrote we have armor for pvp, wvw and pve, which is true, no matter how often you write that it isn't 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And i corrected you that we have armor for SPvP, for WvW, and for a small fraction of PvE. Which is also true, no matter how you might try to present it otherwise.

I never tried that. You just keep arguing that it doesn't count as a pve armor set

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

I never tried that. You just keep arguing that it doesn't count as a pve armor set

No. I did say it is a PvE armor set. It's just not an armor for PvE. It's only a set for a tiny sliver of PvE. Currently there's no legendary armor set for a vast majority of PvE players at all.

It's like you hear a politician saying something is "good for the people", when in reality it is good only for a very small and carefully selected group of people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1