New legendary armors

there is obviously a disconnect between raiders and open-worlders when it comes to the definition of PvE.

to many people who played at launch, PvE means Open World, because Fractals didn't exist, Raids didn't exist, and Strikes didn't exist. neither did DRMs nor scrying pool instances. the only instances that existed back then were dungeons. so for many, all those other instances are a considered to be a new game mode: Group Instanced content, or PvI for short (Players vs Instance)

so, with THAT line of thinking, Anet made a new game mode (PvI), gave that new game mode Legendary Armour, leaving PvE without a set, especially after enabling the acquisition of Legendary Armour in WvW and PvP modes.

personally, i find it very distracting when people refer to group instanced content as PvE, because they mean endgame (PvI).

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I would love an upgraded Open World/LS Aurene set, rare to exotic to ascended to legendary. Just fancier skins for each tier, perhaps it could have crystals spreading across it in an Aurene brand effect, no animations needed.

I personally wouldn't care if the legendary and ascended armour shared the same skins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 9:56 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

i know that no, not everyone's going to ever cut it. Some players will never be good enough for raiding no matter how much effort they might put in, and the best they could hope for is to find friends willing to carry them. And that's about the players that are already interested in improving, willing to listen to guidance, adapt their builds etc. Most players are not even at that level.

Most players will never see those guides. Most players just do not use third-party out-of-game sources to improve their gameplay. If they cannot self-improve based on acquiring knowledge in-game  (and one that will be presented in easy to understand form) and polishing their playstyle, orby having far more experienced friends willing to guide and train them through, then they will just never improve at all.

Then they shouldn't get the rewards lol. This is confusing to me.

If you're unwilling to do something, then you shouldn't get the benefit of what that thing provides.

If you're unwilling to get better and improve and expect to get carried. Then you don't deserve the rewards of that content.

People who complain about not having what a small % has, then either go and do it and get it. Or shut up.

You shouldn't just be given things because you decided to download the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

31 minutes ago, Trogs.1802 said:

If you're unwilling to get better and improve and expect to get carried. Then you don't deserve the rewards of that content.

Except most people who are arguing in favor of a way to earn legendary armor which is actually engaging for the average player are not asking for the Envoy set, the person you quoted in specific said:

23 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

skin can remain raid-specific

So you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Personally I would like to see a PvE lego armor that is not tied to raids. The main reason is that raiding seems to be done by an increasingly shrinking group of players, so finding a group for it is a chore, to say the least.  That and I just generally dislike having to extensively cooperate with other players where sometimes I die due to someone else's error (or worse: I get a group of players killed because I made a mistake). Maybe something along the lines of the Return content like we did for the Prismatic Amulet? You know, some huge achievement thing that has us go all over Tyria and adding further replay value? I don't know, just an idea.  A new lego armor wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/25/2022 at 8:38 AM, Lesharin.9026 said:

I just think that all the current legendary armors look awful though

They're fantastic looking armours. All of them. Problem is, you're comparing the visual aesthetic to the effort requires to craft a legendary armor set, and then saying they look awful. 

Unfortunately, it means that there's no guarantee this cycle would end (pun intended). There's no guarantee, if they invested a lot of time and money into making new legendary sets (effort that would currently be more useful revamping the early game, Season 1 or possibly the new LS6 stuff) that you'd be satisfied with the new visuals and not come back here asking for another set.

It's far more worthwhile for players to get the current legendary armor for the armory bonuses and then apply various skins found in the game to create their ideal set with all the bonuses from legendaries than to create another one-off set that will be hit-and-miss.

• Like 1

Obviously legendary armor is extremely useful, much more than legendary weapons.

The reason legendary armor was added to certain game modes and not others is because Anet wants to make players play in a certain way even though their philosophy is that you should play the way you want (weird company).

There is nothing wrong in giving players a way to obtain legendary armor by doing open world PvE. But players might have even less of a reason to try raids, spvp or wvw (although one needs gifts of battle but wvw also has PvE).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trogs.1802 said:

Then they shouldn't get the rewards lol. This is confusing to me.

If you're unwilling to do something, then you shouldn't get the benefit of what that thing provides.

People who complain about not having what a small % has, then either go and do it and get it. Or shut up.

You shouldn't just be given things because you decided to download the game.

Instead of saying shut up to people, you could try to encourage them. 

I've seen many raids in my years where people who really weren't good, including older and disabled people were taken along who thought, okay, then I'll just go along once and let myself be carried through to get it over with once. Many of them stayed at the end. Yes, they never did the big damage, but as long as the mechanics sit a bit, it's absolutely no problem.

The sad thing is, people think of raids and lose the fun, or dosn't even want to try it, because they think of people like you.

----

Personally, as I've said many times before, I have no problem with OW armor. Even if I do not know how this should be implemented. Because it would have to be fairly applied to raids, Wvw and PVP. So either it might take super long and be super expensive, or OW challenges would have to be created. And I think the latter would again exclude many more people than the pure grind.
However, there are already threads about how some are upset that the new Legys probably have a timegate(22 weeks or so). So either way, you can not make everyone happy anyway.

• Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 4:38 AM, Lesharin.9026 said:

I can see your point, I just think that all the current legendary armors look awful though and I personally love anything to do with dragons. It wouldn't be too much different from having to build new legendary weapons every time they release a new set of them though(Keeping in mind that you do have to build five armor pieces as opposed to two weapons). Possibly they could make the mystic forge recipe use the existing legendary armors as the recipe so you're not build an entire set from scratch just altering your currently built set

6 armor pieces. 

22 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You might want to actually look back and read what was claimed and how i responded. Because it wasn't this.

Hint: the discussion was not from which mode already existing armor sets come from. The discussion was about for which modes they're meant. And raid armor is not meant for whole PvE. It's meant only for raiders.

Oh, but it was exactly this. You might be just misremembering it now or maybe you've just misinterpreted what the post you've responded to said in the first place.

Hint, it literally said this:

On 3/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, Sarius.9285 said:

We already have a legendary armor for pve, pvp and wvw.

And it is correct, so there's no reason to try to deny it. Meanwhile you've came with a response opening with "We do not have a legendary armor "for PvE". But we do is. And it is an armor for pve.

And as such, what I subsequentially responded with also remains: No, it's not "basically you could say it's not a whole pve". It's a pve armor and some players choosing to opt out of needed content because they deem the reward not worth the effort doesn't make it any less pve.

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And i corrected you that we have armor for SPvP, for WvW, and for a small fraction of PvE. Which is also true, no matter how you might try to present it otherwise.

No, it is not "for small fraction of pve", it is for anyone that wants to get armor by playing pve content. If someone tries to cut pve content into smaller parts, not participate in some of it and then pretend that because of one part of the acquisition, it's somehow "no longer for pve", then that's just wrong and this take plays right against your previous one when you've said:

"Basically, you could say it's not a "whole PvE" legendary armor, but a "tiny slice of PvE" legendary armor." 

Apparently it's not a pve armor unless it requires everything in pve.....unless you are allowed to cut out of the acquisition method whatever pve part of the game you want, then it suddenly doesn't matter and I guess in that case it's still pve? That's... you know, convenient. Want a "true and only full pve experience armor"? Then start vouching for anet to add more/broader pve content on top of what we already need in the current acquisition process. Then your reasoning from the previous posts will be seen as honest.

One way or another, it is still a fully pve acquired armor that still requires varied pve content -even if not absolutely all of it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Honestly, it'd be nice to have a Gen1 Weapon deal with Legendary Armor. I fully crafted 6 weapons myself but when it comes to Armor we have the crazy timegating on WvW that makes you literally play it like a part-time job, The gated-behind-other-players achievements and items in a PvE mode that is pretty inaccessable and dead, and the deep toxic-bath grind of SPvP where everyone seems to hate each other~ I made the SPvP back piece a long time ago and then never wanted to touch it again till I noticed recently I was close to finishing an armor piece: Which I jus' been slow grinding with dailies cuz the mode is just a miserable environment.

With those options it makes me wish I could just buy them off the TP.  lol. There's no 'impatient' methods for Armor.

If they did a new set they should be the first trade-able kind. (and have no buttcape or waist attachments on the medium chest 😏)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. I did say it is a PvE armor set. It's just not an armor for PvE. It's only a set for a tiny sliver of PvE. Currently there's no legendary armor set for a vast majority of PvE players at all.

It's like you hear a politician saying something is "good for the people", when in reality it is good only for a very small and carefully selected group of people.

No, it is for pve players. I didn't play raids for a long time (partially due to all this fearmongering going on around here btw, which I've already pointed out in the past), but then I've decided I want a pve legendary armor, so I've started learning the content to complete it and get the reward I want. So was it for me or was it not? Was it not for me for the first 2 years (or however long it was), but then became for me? Did I stop playing pve content altogether or did I just start playing more of it? Am I the hardcore player that acquisition method was targetted at, or maybe I've just learned the content and got the reward? 🤔

I know from the past threads that you think people getting that armor -or even just participating in raids- are some hardcore elitists gatekeeping whatever rewards behind whatever content they want. But that's just not what it is. Want every reward in the game? Cool, play broader content it delivers. Don't want to do that? Cool, you're free to make that choice and play without that non-power-creep reward. People can make that choice for themselves and it's still not a reason to deliver any reward they want for whatever limited contenet they choose to play.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

to many people who played at launch, PvE means Open World, because Fractals didn't exist, Raids didn't exist, and Strikes didn't exist. neither did DRMs nor scrying pool instances. the only instances that existed back then were dungeons. so for many, all those other instances are a considered to be a new game mode: Group Instanced content, or PvI for short (Players vs Instance)

so, with THAT line of thinking, Anet made a new game mode (PvI), gave that new game mode Legendary Armour, leaving PvE without a set, especially after enabling the acquisition of Legendary Armour in WvW and PvP modes.

Even taking solely what you wrote by yourself in this very post, you're clearly aware of existance of the dungeons in the game. So lets not pretend instanced pve is a new, separate "non-pve" content, since it's just not true. Whether you want to talk about open world pve or instanced pve, it's still just pve. Trying to come up with something like "PvI" in an attempt to claim it's suddenly not "PvE" won't change that and is not honest.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Except most people who are arguing in favor of a way to earn legendary armor which is actually engaging for the average player are not asking for the Envoy set.

Good for most people. I'd like more legendary armor options too, it'd be good to have that variety. But who I quoted was specifically talking about raiding and the community surrounding it. 

Once again, my problem is people expecting to be given things that they themselves do not have the skill or the willingness to get the skill necessary to receive.  If you're casual and don't have time to raid/pvp/wvw to get the legendary armor that sucks. But that's life. And it's just a game.  

Send those good vibe confused faces.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Trogs.1802 said:

Good for most people. I'd like more legendary armor options too, it'd be good to have that variety. But who I quoted was specifically talking about raiding and the community surrounding it. 

Once again, my problem is people expecting to be given things that they themselves do not have the skill or the willingness to get the skill necessary to receive.  If you're casual and don't have time to raid/pvp/wvw to get the legendary armor that sucks. But that's life. And it's just a game.  

Send those good vibe confused faces.

Having to rely on 9 other people in a totally dead game mode that doesn't even have the decency to design basic QoL to support it has nothing to do with skill. I'm perfectly happy doing WvW since it's basically a solo hotjoin-and-play-immediatly deal but the 20 hours a week requirement is pretty harsh with no way to speed it up through gameplay or buffs. Whether you Stomp players or AFK; you have the same progression rate.

They said they'd make WvW more rewarding soon-ish though so hopefully that goes for Legendary Armor progression too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Having to rely on 9 other people in a totally dead game mode that doesn't even have the decency to design basic QoL to support it has nothing to do with skill.

Not a dead mode btw, no need to make up lies in an effort to pretend you have a valid point. People keep completing this content through lfg.

I'm perfectly happy doing WvW since it's basically a solo hotjoin-and-play-immediatly deal but the 20 hours a week requirement is pretty harsh with no way to speed it up through gameplay or buffs. Whether you Stomp players or AFK; you have the same progression rate.

They said they'd make WvW more rewarding soon-ish though so hopefully that goes for Legendary Armor progression too. 

That's not entirely true, it's more like 17,5h and with higher ranks it goes significantly lower. If you're set on farming wxp, there is a difference between active and passive play. Still not a huge "I'll just have a short burst of activity for a month and easly get armor" type of shortcut though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 3/25/2022 at 3:28 AM, Lesharin.9026 said:

Will there ever be new legendary armors? I can understand Anet not wanting to release many before, but with the EOD campaign wrapping up the Elder Dragon story I wouldn't mind having an Aurene set to match the new weapons and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind legendary armor to match the new legendary Elder Dragon variants that will be releasing soon.

They better not, after all the issues they had with the first sets and how long it takes to make them F that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Would be nice if they updated the acquisition speed for the two pvps. Makes no sense for them to require more effort. 22 weeks for wvw, vs the 12 for pve

Why you are not fullclearing from the start anyway so it will take more then12 weeks.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Having to rely on 9 other people in a totally dead game mode that doesn't even have the decency to design basic QoL to support it has nothing to do with skill. I'm perfectly happy doing WvW since it's basically a solo hotjoin-and-play-immediatly deal but the 20 hours a week requirement is pretty harsh with no way to speed it up through gameplay or buffs. Whether you Stomp players or AFK; you have the same progression rate.

Where did you get all this wrong Information from? Uff ...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1