New legendary armors

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No. I did say it is a PvE armor set. It's just not an armor for PvE. It's only a set for a tiny sliver of PvE. Currently there's no legendary armor set for a vast majority of PvE players at all.

It's like you hear a politician saying something is "good for the people", when in reality it is good only for a very small and carefully selected group of people.

In an MMO where 75% of the player base don't go past 2500 AP, all legendary seekers are a tiny silver of PvE, even if assuming that the rest of that 25% only do PvE.

Again this is not a gearscore game, requiring players to participate modes that require build crafting before they jump onto the most expensive gear grinding of the game that benefits only for switching builds helps alleviate some of the major skill gaps between players in this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vilin.8056 said:

In an MMO where 75% of the player base don't go past 2500 AP, all legendary seekers are a tiny silver of PvE, even if assuming that the rest of that 25% only do PvE.

Again this is not a gearscore game, requiring players to participate modes that require build crafting before they jump onto the most expensive gear grinding of the game that benefits only for switching builds helps alleviate some of the major skill gaps between players in this game.

Thats a good point. The casual term gets trown around in this sort of discussion so easily. But i don't think a casual would really benefit from a legendary armor, or even atempt to get the grind and money done, in the first place.

I have a friend who is trully casual, not the "casuals have no skill". She play's occasional and plays gw2 now for for like 8 years or so. And she just gotten her first legy a year ago. And this weapon took her some time.

I really wonder what casual nowadays even means for most people. I see people on this forum who write so much, or with the EOD launch did mimi about the Meta after just 1-2 days but call themself casuals.
Sometimes i feel casual are the new word for Hardcore-player in form of, playing everyday more than 2 hours or something like that. Heck i knew "hardcore" players who just play raids and pvp, who have less playtime than some self-named casuals here on the forum xD.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Challenge =/= effort either. Especially not for those that have been on the record here claiming how easy raids are to them.

Cool. What exactly are you responding to right now? Who and where said anything about challenge?

Since I was responding to the post that wrote specifically about effort first and then tried to compare it with time. So that's what I was responding to. What about you though?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My thoughts:
1.) Why are  people so opposed to redundant legendary armors or legendary anything really? We have 3 generations of legendary weapons. If we have EoD specific weapons, why shouldn't we have armor to match it?

2.) No, you can't strike out parts of the game you don't  like. Well, actually you can, just don't expect everything.

2a.) Related to above, arbitrarily designating people into "raiders" is silly.  I may call myself a "WvWer" but that doesn't mean I only do that as much as I'm a "node gatherer". That shouldn't automatically give me special privileges for waiving stuff.

3.) "Appeal to Majority" doesn't really hold water when legendaries aren't relevant to the majority of players. Especially when said majority's opinions seem to exactly match your own for some reason. I was going to say that the majority of people don't care about legendaries anyways, but there's no way to really prove that.

4.) Get some friends or God Forbid, join a guild?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

My thoughts:
1.) Why are  people so opposed to redundant legendary armors or legendary anything really? We have 3 generations of legendary weapons. If we have EoD specific weapons, why shouldn't we have armor to match it?

1) Why are people so opposed to learn the mechanics of the game they're playing? And why do they think they automatically need/deserve any reward in the game when they refuse to complete that game's content? You're perfectly fine playing with ascended gear. Legendary tier is not about power creep, it's a long-term goal that any mmo aiming at having longevity simply needs. If that "long-term goal" is too long/hard/inconvenient for someone, they can set for themselves "next in line shorter-long-term goal" by crafting ascended gear whenever they want/need. How is this supposed to be a problem in an mmorpg?

Also we have 3 gens of weapons and 3 different way of getting legendary armor. We have a choice there already and if someone's choice is "none", then it's still a valid choice. Specifically because of no power creep.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why are people so opposed to learn the mechanics of the game they're playing? And why do they think they automatically need/deserve any reward in the game when they refuse to complete that game's content? You're perfectly fine playing with ascended gear. Legendary tier is not about power creep, it's a long-term goal that any mmo aiming at having longevity simply needs. If that "long-term goal" is too long/hard/inconvenient for someone, they can set for themselves "next in line shorter-long-term goal" by crafting ascended gear whenever they want/need. How is this supposed to be a problem in an mmorpg?

What does that have anything to do with what I said? I never said anything about making it easier. They could easily introduce new armor sets behind content that is just as difficult.

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Also we have 3 gens of weapons and 3 different way of getting legendary armor. We have a choice there already and if someone's choice is "none", then it's still a valid choice. Specifically because of no power creep.

Except the reasons they were released were different. The generations of new weapons was tied to expansions. Hence the distinction "generation"

• Confused 1