World Linking 3/25/2022

Cal Cohen.2358

1 hour ago, Trinair.8175 said:

Deso too full to get a link again, brilliant. At this point just a running gag. 

and fow again with arborstone lmfao.

really anet, this algorithym is so absurdly bad, its nearly funny

5 tiers in EU are a mistake

20 minutes ago, xhyc.2078 said:

How does desolation not get a link 3 times in a row? Last time it was 2 in a row and a lot of players and guilds left, now even more will. The server is dead as hell already something is wrong with your system, anet.

i mean, there's only AuX left on deso right. and also parts of them left, as far as i saw. that server had two guilds leaving, with BEAR and before TAG right. so, who outside of a few pugs even is there

like how can this algorithm think it is smart to unlink desolation, but a permablobbing link like FoW+Arborstone is a good combo?

funnily, likely the anet devs are the last who could answer those questions

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I am questioning how alliances are gonna work when EU links are so far away from what they need to be that is is funny at this point. IF this are the tools that gonna determind what worlds gonna fight eachother then Alliances will fall in a few months if that.Seriously Anet at this point you are breaking the whole EU apart before alliances. That is not a good thing to do. And it is not giving any sort of reassurance that Alliances is really gonna be good.

So why are you guys handling the whole EU so poorly for the last 2 years or so. What info are you missing to manage to get a paring like this? I am not even speaking for my own server at this point, because right now there is a reason to why we are good with us not having a link this period which have to do more with something else, but looking at all the other servers and you just wonder if you really have a dartboard and that is how you do the links for EU. 

Seriously how you are really doing this? And are his the tools that is gonna be used in alliances?  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

and fow again with arborstone lmfao.

really anet, this algorithym is so absurdly bad, its nearly funny

5 tiers in EU are a mistake

i mean, there's only AuX left on deso right. and also parts of them left, as far as i saw. that server had two guilds leaving, with BEAR and before TAG right. so, who outside of a few pugs even is there

like how can this algorithm think it is smart to unlink desolation, but a permablobbing link like FoW+Arborstone is a good combo?

funnily, likely the anet devs are the last who could answer those questions

the last two prime guilds left last week, DZ left a day or so ago, AUX left today

still full

• Sad 3

Desolation (EU) supposedly being full, yet having outnumbered in tier5 almost all the time. Smaller number of kills and deaths than any other server combination. 

If the metrics of a server population are based on anything else than actual total number of played minutes, then they are wrong. E.g. basing them number of individual players who at some point log to WvWvW doesn't make sense, as some might just log in few few minutes to do a daily.

If you cannot delete a tier in EU (4 tiers would be enough), at least give us the outnumbered buff back!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Desolation (EU) supposedly being full, yet having outnumbered in tier5 almost all the time. Smaller number of kills and deaths than any other server combination. 

If the metrics of a server population are based on anything else than actual total number of played minutes, then they are wrong. E.g. basing them number of individual players who at some point log to WvWvW doesn't make sense, as some might just log in few few minutes to do a daily.

If you cannot delete a tier in EU (4 tiers would be enough), at least give us the outnumbered buff back!

Gandara has the exact same issue. Anet was better off keeping the links we had, as this will be extremely unhealthy for the next few weeks. We need new relinks asap!

9 hours ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

the last two prime guilds left last week, DZ left a day or so ago, AUX left today

still full

Because world status don't update instantly, it takes a while, not to mention the status are mostly updated once a week, monday's usually, unless it's a server going full, that tends to update same day.

Edited by Xenesis.6389

11 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Seriously how you are really doing this? And are his the tools that is gonna be used in alliances?  

hi arenanet,

I would have to write you a whole book of complaints but it would be completely useless, and as I always say, here you have to be constructive.

that is really the point. the star center of the whole circuit or electrical short circuit.

you gave us some indication of how you would like your new algorithm to work, but how does it work at the moment? can we have a civil confrontation on how he is working? can we give precedence to any corrections / improvements?

rewards, class balance, etc etc, are all things that come after this, in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

you gave us some indication of how you would like your new algorithm to work, but how does it work at the moment? can we have a civil confrontation on how he is working? can we give precedence to any corrections / improvements?

I mean, trying to make 15 balanced teams  with 27 servers is like trying to to build the lego titanic with duplo blocks : doomed to failure at some point. Not to mention you cannot really control players changing teams over one reason or another. For example, Jade Sea [EU] lost a lot of its players when the link with Augury rock finished (after a 8 months-long cohabitation) because all new players we got at that time were actually vamped into AR guilds and switched servers once they couldn't play with their friends (which is understable).

At least, what's reassuring with alliances is that it will use far smaller blocks to make the teams (at the cost of heavily centering MUs around guilds, but it's already somewhat the case) , you will be sure to at least be able to ask to play with some guildmates, and you will be able to change teams only between MUs/more frequent relinks. These are already somwhat given from what I've seen during the betas

11 hours ago, latlat.4516 said:

I mean, trying to make 15 balanced teams  with 27 servers is like trying to to build the lego titanic with duplo blocks : doomed to failure at some point. Not to mention you cannot really control players changing teams over one reason or another.

Or for those imaginary impaired, just go and pick up the first 27 random rocks you see and pair them into 15 piles. Then do the same with a pile of sand and dividing that into 15 smaller piles. Compare how good it went.

Alliances is gonna have to work hard to be worse than links. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Looks like the population shifted in a week or the thresholds were moved, five servers went off full, Kaineng already dropped like a rock from full to high lol, while sorrows furnace only managed to hit high so far. 🤷‍♂️

https://i.imgur.com/q29IYMN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GzadrbJ.jpg

The only thing surprising there is that it took the BG followers so long to move off KN

29 minutes ago, Toast.6459 said:

The only thing surprising there is that it took the BG followers so long to move off KN

LOL... Great, so much for server loyalty 😁.  Maybe ANet should give "Server Loyalty Points" for the number of years on a server.  You get 1 point per 3 months with a max of 5 or 10 points.

Edited by Morden Kain.3489