March 29 Game Update Preview

this patch seems to have messed up the graphics.

when logging in the first 2 times... on the character screen, the character portraits in the thumbnails rendered, but the rest of the screen was black. i tried loading a character (any) and the screen stayed black except for the name of the zone i was supposedly loading into. i tired this both on DX11 and DX9 on Win11. had to ALT-F4 to close the game to try again. after launching DX9, the game rendered, and i played a successful echovald boss meta, looting the chests... but then, when i logged out to character select screen, the game wouldn't render anything except a few thumbnails.. had to ALT-F4 again.

PS: i prefer running DX11 because i get better framerates in 50-player zergs, but the artifacts (usually caused by glowing effects, on characters or elsewhere) tend to become unbearable after awhile...

PPS: to launch on steam, win11 support should exist, and DX11 support should also include Win11, as the survey indicates that over 15% of their userbase uses Win11, and that over 95% of their userbase is DX11 ready (with most being DX12 ready)

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281

On 3/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, GoldenPants.1870 said:

It was never a dead profession in PvE. 

Ele mains..

it was dead in instanced content and not worth playing anywhere. why would anyone want to play ele except to be pretty, when you can LITERALLY play any other profession, press 135u289 u0wj, and do the same or better as an ele doing everything. Elementalist was really selfish before. Eod launch catalyst was pretty decent. I like updated catalyst more cuz i dont need to play the game like it's a 2nd and 3rd job and i wont get early onset arthritis trying to be half effective as everyone else

Edited by Aetheldrake.6395
  • Like 3

On 3/30/2022 at 2:39 AM, Aetheldrake.6395 said:

it was dead in instanced content and not worth playing anywhere. why would anyone want to play ele except to be pretty, when you can LITERALLY play any other profession, press 135u289 u0wj, and do the same or better as an ele doing everything. Elementalist was really selfish before. Eod launch catalyst was pretty decent. I like updated catalyst more cuz i dont need to play the game like it's a 2nd and 3rd job and i wont get early onset arthritis trying to be half effective as everyone else

Ele was hard meta strangling out the other DPS until PoF. You people have the memory of a fish. One expansion without being meta and you're already crying out a river.

Engineer had to wait until PoF to have a decent power spec and that was about it. It's never been meta.

• Confused 3

On 4/11/2022 at 6:47 PM, Zenith.7301 said:

Ele was hard meta strangling out the other DPS until PoF.

Nope. That actually ended when DPS meters appeared, and everyone realized that it does not matter what benchmarks show for golem - that on actual bosses even players using things like core condi ranger were most of the time doing better dps than eles. And that happened very shortly after first wing appeared.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:47 PM, Zenith.7301 said:

Ele was hard meta strangling out the other DPS until PoF. You people have the memory of a fish. One expansion without being meta and you're already crying out a river.

looks like someone else already proved that wrong. The problem is that ele does not reward you for the effort you put in to be anywhere NEAR as worthwhile as LITERALLY anything else (ok except maybe engi is a good tie but at least theyre rewarded for the effort)

And now engi has TWO expansions BACK TO BACK where you are roughly the best self sufficient profession. Holosmith admittedly did require effort but you were rewarded for that effort, HEAVILLY rewarded. Even without a lot of effort holos were pretty darn good. At least they were always kind of fun with that photon forge. Now you have mechanist that does strike and condition damage, really even as condition theyre hybrid focusing on condition just like revenant, healing, and a highly sought after boon combo of barrier and alacrity, youre a top tier profession for TWO expansions in a row, and your first elite spec got reworked to actually be somewhat desired for a while as a quickness healer support.

what did eles get? literally nerfed in less than 2 weeks post expansion launch over some unrealistic situations and conditions that rarely ever actually happen in REAL gameplay and in the process of that nerf they accidentally got mechanist BUFFED?! Before you try to dispute the ele nerf, anet literally admitted in the patch notes that they did it hastily and were wrong to have rushed to nerfing them.