Does anyone else feel like Untamed will always feel unfinished without different pet abilities?

Gyousa.5609

12 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Are we having fun by repeatedly moving the goal post?

Unqiue within the game. GW2. Not compared to other games. Don't play engineer if you don't wanna be the tech guy. What do you play if you wanna be the nature guy? Ranger.

The certainty of it being a discount thief says more about your imagination. It's not a fact.

Speaking of what the previous game was built for; having AI pets that follow strict terrain rules. Rules that GW2 players don't have to follow, but the pets still do. Recipe for disaster, and we've been witnessing it for soon to be 10 years. Imagine, the game that was better designed for it left it optional, the game that isn't forces it onto one of the classes. It should have been an elite spec at most (would have been way easier to balance too), like what engie got with the mechanist. Simple as that. 

I'm not gonna derail the thread any further. Not like there is any point to it either, you're dying on that useless pet hill.

Your dying on that change the class to how I like it hill. Fine, bet let it scale off our stats and follow our rules of engagement so it can jump and dodge and so on. Watch the QQ when our class mechanic works as intended and is actually functional on acore level. 

You'll run into White lion from warhammer online levels of cringy salt. In all honesty I wish the pet WAS more like mechanists companion and was something we'd customize but thats the issue with its core being from 2012. Im happy untamed gave me a form of my white lion back in some ways since the game I loved died, but I wish it didn't feel so clunky. 

I honestly think they shouldn't of given us this huge list of pets and kept it to one pet per species with changes that can be made through beast mastery like with the mech. So 1 cat, dog, bear, bird and so on. 

It needs an overhaul for sure but petless ranger with soulbeast already exists; So the arguement for a petless ranger is kind of pointless at this point. And soul beast is still the best version of ranger and widely ran in the community so I don't get why you're complaining when you technically won by default? Just play soulbeast.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Im happy untamed gave me a form of my white lion back in some ways since the game I loved died, but I wish it didn't feel so clunky. 

I think this underpins my frustrations with Untamed as well

I love the pet warrior fantasy, and White Lion were rad. I wish Untamed had that vibe, but it's far too clunky I think

I am speaking myself for sPvP, which is the only gamemode I am currently playing so.

The F1 teleport and F3 Projectile area denial can stay, they could change the F2 based on which pet you use, same as when you have only the F2 of core ranger.

It is the ability that tends to fail the most, being melee range, enemies are constantly moving, while the pet have to stop himself in place and then cast it.

I would also would love a general rework of all pets and improvement AI.

It is since HoT launched that in every build we are forced to use smokescale because how good it is, the second pet sometimes change, but for condi it's always iboga and for power is currently always river drake.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 2:45 PM, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

Yes, I agree. I would have liked to see some differentiation based on family and archetype. I mean, they did add all these new skills for the Weaver, for example, so why not do the same for the Untamed? Don't know if they'll do that, though.

Right? I don't always want to send my ranged spider into melee with a teleport. That's the only option the Unleashed pet skills provide me.

Just as you said, I don't think they'll do that for Untamed sadly. 

• Like 1