Cantha

vanflyheight.6832

I was going over two of the three maps in cantha and noticed that there's no banker, trading post, guild bank or possibly forges when the next spot for these is in LA, any of the 5 racial cities/maps (like queensdale). MT maelstrom, or Amnoon. Could these be added to kainang city since it be the most reasonable and logical spot to put these things instead of having alot of merchants. 

29 minutes ago, vanflyheight.6832 said:

I was going over two of the three maps in cantha and noticed that there's no banker, trading post, guild bank or possibly forges when the next spot for these is in LA, any of the 5 racial cities/maps (like queensdale). MT maelstrom, or Amnoon. Could these be added to kainang city since it be the most reasonable and logical spot to put these things instead of having alot of merchants. 

You get one in arborstone map when you upgrade it enough.

If you need it while roaming around the map use, one of the many gemstore passkeys for example https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Sanctuary

, wvw enterance waypoint or spvp lobby.

• Like 1

For now it was an observation since im sure not everyone has those passkeys. Yes you can do the passkeys if you have em but what bout those that dont? Im sure some would jump at the chance to see these added, maybe. Plus arborstone can only be accessed if ya done the storyline which idk who might not want to do, due to how the expansion came out. 

2 hours ago, vanflyheight.6832 said:

For now it was an observation since im sure not everyone has those passkeys. Yes you can do the passkeys if you have em but what bout those that dont? Im sure some would jump at the chance to see these added, maybe. Plus arborstone can only be accessed if ya done the storyline which idk who might not want to do, due to how the expansion came out. 

Then use wvw, edge of the mist or spvp lobby?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There's no Mystic Forge in Queensdale or any Racial City unless one has a Lounge Pass, such as for Divinity's Reach.   Thus, Mystic Forges would be out.

For Bank/Guild Bank/Trading Post, everyone has access to Obsidian Sanctum/Borderland map or the PvP Lobby (which feature 'return to departure area'). 

Well there is a mystic forge in garrisons and stonemist castle tho.

And you can get the portable mystic forge pretty cheap

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Conduit_(container)

• Confused 1

I agree that the PvP lobby or WvW are a work-around to get access to the bank, TP and merchants, but I still think these could be included in the Cantha maps. You could say the same about the base game maps and many of those do have services. It sort-of made sense in HoT because those maps didn't have any population centers apart from the hylek villages but Amoon in PoF (and possibly some other locations?) got them. It seems odd to go through Kaineng, or even Seitung and not see any services except a few merchants.

(On a sort-of related note I was also disappointed that we can't buy noodles from any of the noodle stands in Kaineng.)

• Like 2