advice from a friend

dear arenanet,

as far as I could read the time is approaching to devote some time to our beautiful wvw game mode.

you will find and you will have seen a lot of advice on this section of the forum, but do not lose sight of the real priority : build balanced teams - same number of players for side.

everything else comes after.

I suggest you in addition that they are teams, and not groups of guilds.

granularity is definitely the right way to get a better equiligrio, but that they are teams. create as many as you want and put on the hat you want (500 ?).

putting in the hands of the player or guild on duty all the work you are going to do makes it too weak .

when your new alliance system arrives I wish I could be part of and feel part of a team. this will still give me a motivation in the long-term game mode. no other player has to decide for me, and no other player you have to be able to tell me if I'm part of his alliance or not.

I've really been here for many years, and this is just a personal suggestion that I make as a friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

when your new alliance system arrives I wish I could be part of and feel part of a team. this will still give me a motivation in the long-term game mode. no other player has to decide for me, and no other player you have to be able to tell me if I'm part of his alliance or not.

How many times does it need to be said...

Alliances do not equal Worlds.

Guilds do not equal Worlds.

Alliances are just a group of guilds, they dictate who joins them no differently than guilds who dictate which players join them. If you have a problem with guilds managing who joins their alliances, do you also have a problem with the guilds managing who joins them? Do you also have a problem with open and closed squads? because if you do, you need to get over it, people are allowed to run their own groups, just as you are.

There will be Worlds just as servers are right now, filled with guilds of all sizes and solo players. Worlds will be recreated every two months in order to create those more "balanced teams", and bandwagons are not controlling it as they do now. If you and certain players want to play together long term, then join a guild with them, or create an alliance of your guild with theirs.

They cannot balance the teams with the current system, they cannot control when players are playing, they cannot control when players leave. We've had near ten years of players being able to balance the servers themselves, and they have done an absolute terribad job of it, so stricter rules are required. You are not going to get 24/7 triple equal coverage teams on all 4 maps, unless they go with even more strict rules with instanced, smaller group cap, shorter time match play, which then isn't wvw.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

There will be Worlds just as servers are right now, filled with guilds of all sizes and solo players. Worlds will be recreated every two months in order to create those more "balanced teams

perfect, that's just what I mean. I hope we can think about the 2-month seasons, they seem to me really too short, leave us in competition for at least 6 or 12 months.

and I would add a total block of transfers. only a small margin of 5% for players who have not selected their alliance in time.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

You are not going to get 24/7 triple equal coverage teams on all 4 maps

as a good friend, I recommend creating teams numerically as equal as possible, and work on the value of war points in reference to the number of online players on the three sides, with an automatic count every 60 min.

• Thanks 1