Suggestion: Snap to Target on Thousand Cuts and Deflecting Shot

Hi,

I noticed that line-based skills like Thousand Cuts (Virtuoso) and Deflecting Shot (Dragonhunter) are not subject to Snap-to-Target rules.

At some point in the future, it would be helpful if there were a way to force those kinds of targetless line attacks to aim collinear to the center of the current target, in keeping with the concept of snapping to target.

Is anyone aware of a way to do that for those of us who lose track of the mouse cursor a lot? I do supplement with three things - yolomouse, GW2TacO, and a specific Windows mouse setting, but in raids and strikes they are not as effective as they need to be.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi @Roda.7468

I have four settings that I use to kinda implement what you're describing (I think!)

• Under General Options, Combat/Movement, I have the Ground Targeting dropdown set to Fast with Range Indicator
  • Under General Options, Combat/Movement, I enable Snap Ground Target to Current Target 
  • Under Control Options, Targeting section, Snap Ground Target is bound to "Mouse4"
  • Under Control Options, Targeting section, Toggle Snap Ground Target is bound to "."

When Snap to Ground is toggled off, targeting follows my mouse. If I mouse4, targeting snaps to target.

When Snap to Ground is toggled on, targeting snaps to target. If I mouse4, targeting lets go and follows my mouse! (Its behavior becomes the reverse of what's described for it)

When I want to flip/toggle between the two, which is needed situationally, I just hit the . key and the behavior reverses permanently until I toggle it back the other way. Usually I have Snap to Target toggled on and detach using mouse4 as needed.

Edited by Kate Soulguard.7132