Recommend me a Mouse to Buy

Another G600 user here.  I love it - the side-to-side mousewheel "buttons" are bound to strafing and it's amazing.

The only downside is poor linux support.  The onboard profiles (on mine anyway) don't seem to save correctly so using any computer without the G-Hub software, the mouse goes back to default.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, DearestLioness.7385 said:

The stylized ones feel awkward in my hand, kind of like what Doggie mentioned.

This is what I miss most from the days of in-person PC shops. Sure there's still Best Buy here in the USA - but when you look at the mice on sale they always just seem to only have a couple generic wireless ones 'out for sample' and never something that would actually need to be on display to get a feel for.

I've currently got a Steel Series Sensei Ten. Oddly enough I bought this because when GW2 launched Steel Series put out a special GW2 branded mouse. Mine broke years ago and I went through a series of Logitech, Microsoft, and HP Mice... even trying an Apple mouse or two... but every brand has it's own unique hand shape and they will fit different people better.

You either need to find a place where can sample one, or watch dozens of YouTube reviews until you find one where the reviewer seems to have the same size hands as you...

That noted, my mouse has 2 buttons on each side, and then the usual 2 main buttons, clickable scroll wheel, and a middle button behind the scroll wheel that is not easy to reach...

I put my focus instead on having a razor tartarus keypad for my other hand. I use the D-Pad of that to move, and have all the keys bound for gameplay.

• Like 1

I know they aren't as popular as wired, but if you would prefer a wireless mouse (I use one because I have a gaming laptop and move it around a lot), I like the Logitech G604 a lot. It has 6 programmable side buttons and I like the  layout they are in; I find it a lot more intuitive than a classic 12 button MMO mouse like the Razer Naga. The only downside (imo) is the software it comes with isn't fantastic. Decent battery life as long as you turn it off when you aren't using it.

Thank you everyone for this informative thread.  

I currently use a SteelSeries Merc Stealth keyboard, and the left side keys are a godsend for ease of gaming.  However, since the keyboard keys are starting to fail, and I'm not sure how to refurbish the keyboard, I'm starting to look for something new.

It doesn't seem like there's a keyboard anywhere close to the merc stealth.  So This thread on alternatives in the mice department is great.  Thanks again.