I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

I fear its too late for a refund, but i feel like all we got was fishing. I LOVE this game, but this feels worse than IBS. disappointed

The jade sea looks horrible, the amount of clipping objects in the maps made me feel like I built this using fallout4 build editor.

Locking a mount that barely brings anything of value to the stuff released behind a busted meta that people say ISNT broken but now wont even post in LFG so it doesnt scale too hard, mastery points that don't feel like they hold much value or offer really any change to the game play.

It feels like they want you to spend more time grinding little stuff out instead of actually having fun.

Why wasn't fishing a "crafting" skill we could level up? why wasn't the boat just added to the roster of mounts?

Why is the BLTP icon always visible even in cut scenes  and story missions.

Why is the untamed just bong water version of a soul beast. Its like they took the worst of druid and Sbeast slapped a hammer on it and said "that'll do" I don't even care that the animations are just recycled from warrior I just want ranger to have group synergy and not be PEW PEW PEW.

I want to feel justified and proud in my purchase of gw2 and giving anet my money but EOD hasn't made me feel any of that

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 3

58 minutes ago, NuggetScout.3782 said:

I fear its too late for a refund, but i feel like all we got was fishing. I LOVE this game, but this feels worse than IBS. disappointed

The jade sea looks horrible, the amount of clipping objects in the maps made me feel like I built this using fallout4 build editor.

Locking a mount that barely brings anything of value to the stuff released behind a busted meta that people say ISNT broken but now wont even post in LFG so it doesnt scale too hard, mastery points that don't feel like they hold much value or offer really any change to the game play.

It feels like they want you to spend more time grinding little stuff out instead of actually having fun.

Why wasn't fishing a "crafting" skill we could level up? why wasn't the boat just added to the roster of mounts?

Why is the untamed just bong water version of a soul beast. Its like they took the worst of druid and Sbeast slapped a hammer on it and said "that'll do" I don't even care that the animations are just recycled from warrior I just want ranger to have group synergy and not be PEW PEW PEW.

I want to feel justified and proud in my purchase of gw2 and giving anet my money but EOD hasn't made me feel any of that

It may be too late for a refund, but check the refund guidelines and limitations here:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862768-Refunds

I can tell you a lot of good about the expansion and that value is relatively great for the base edition but in the end it's your opinion and that's what it is.
Things like the BLTP icon being on top everywhere are issues likely to be fixed in the coming months. Give the devs some time to iron out the bugs.
Before requesting a refund, consider that living world releases that expand on Cantha will likely require the expansion and be free for players who bought EoD.

And consider watching some EoD reviews on YouTube, these will cover the pro's and cons of the expansion and at least show that EoD has much more to offer than fishing alone.

Also, check AyinMaiden's channel to see many side quests and achievements you can do when you finished the story and meta.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AyinMaiden/videos

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NuggetScout.3782 said:

[...]

[...]

Why is the untamed just bong water version of a soul beast. Its like they took the worst of druid and Sbeast slapped a hammer on it and said "that'll do"

While I 100% agree on the points above, I think you are not giving the expansion enough credit for all the great things it has going for itself, like the excellent writing, the humor, the innovative story missions (apart from any current bugs), the beauty of the Echovald, the Strike Missions, or the soundtrack.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NuggetScout.3782 said:

Dont talk in the name of all "we". For me eod has the best story missions and cinematics in the entire game, its the one i most enjoyed, the maps are better than in the previews (even tho i would have liked jade sea blue). Fishing is cool and you level it up in a "crafting" way lets say. Metas are cool, strikes too... idk most of the things you say are actually minor stuff, well yeah siegre turtle is just for fun.

And also all the side quest about House zu heltzer, zunraa etc (aka collections) are great and pure nostalgia, if you havent done it!

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Dont talk in the name of all "we". For me eod has the best story missions and cinematics in the entire game, its the one i most enjoyed, the maps are better than in the previews (even tho i would have liked jade sea blue). Fishing is cool and you level it up in a "crafting" way lets say. Metas are cool, strikes too... idk most of the things you say are actually minor stuff, well yeah siegre turtle is just for fun.

And also all the side quest about House zu heltzer, zunraa etc (aka collections) are great and pure nostalgia, if you havent done it!

Im sorry, but trying to live off the hype of GW1 cantha with your community, and then failing to show off anything BUT the fishing during the streams. This is the same kitten Bethesda does, they throw out all this kitten, fix it and add to it later down the road and go "oh hey heres what youwanted...only took us 9 years and IBS to do it". The game shouldnt feel like a chore. The game shouldnt feel like "you must now follow these set of meta rules or be shunned by the community and if you dont PRAISE the game youre a biggot"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

EoD outsoll PoF, the story/cinematics is x100 times better, and most of the events the same. Idk what IBS has to do with eod.

Whenever you want to call something bad you just say "it's like IBS" even though up until Ep4 it wasn't as bad as people consider it.

Also, if EoD was PoF quality then we'd have 4 Deserts and a Desert, but with sulfur. Also the maps would be full of annoying enemies everywhere to make sure you don't get to enjoy any part of the map really.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The Fallout 4 editor thing was a pretty sick burn, the clipping is astoundingly bad.

It was the story that got me though.

Let's bring in the Creation Goddess. She's the loveliest person to have ever existed, kind, caring, if a bit depressed. Now let's just murder her. We murdered The Goddess of All Creation! Which totally isn't jumping the flarkin' shark! And we murdered her because of some Vague Wibbly-Wobbly Ooze, the most creative villain to have blessed any fiction! Gosh, after having killed The Goddess of All Creation, how are we going to top that? It also means that Soo-Won knew everything about our reality so we're not going to find anything out there that's more fantastic that what we already knew but... That's okay! Um, it was probably silly to introduce The Goddess of All Creation, let alone kill her when we could've purified her and had her hang around as a background character but errr... It's fine! It's fine! We'll figure something out! Our hero is now on a power tier equal to The Goddess of All Creation, but we'll... We'll figure it out! We totally didn't jump the shark guys, honest! We'll do something with our remarkably vague ooze, there are certainly a lot of creative avenues for it! Believe us!

It just doesn't bode well for the future.

Edited by Hypnowulf.7403
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Whenever you want to call something bad you just say "it's like IBS" even though up until Ep4 it wasn't as bad as people consider it.

Also, if EoD was PoF quality then we'd have 4 Deserts and a Desert, but with sulfur. Also the maps would be full of annoying enemies everywhere to make sure you don't get to enjoy any part of the map really.

IBS was awful right from the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Yeah, it has some neat aspects to it as an expansion but it's very... hollow? Like it has some pretty bows and wrapping but then you open it up and it's like.. uh... oh.. socks. Well I need socks and I'm sure I'll find use for them, but that's it? 

Idk. Bad analogy because I'd be thrilled to get socks. lol 

I just find myself wandering around maps looking for things to do and it's just... uneventful the vast majority of the time in these maps. I guess they wanted people to do collection achievements and fish while they wait for metas to start? 

I guess it was just rushed. I feel like Dragon's End is a void of a map outside of the meta. Like you could condense all the events you do leading up to it to an area a fourth the size and it would feel more interesting. 

So much beautiful and intricate detail in certain parts of these maps, weird overly bright lighting even during night aside, and you have no reason to really see any of it. 

A lot of questionable design decisions too. Like the jade battery crap. I mean we have chests and gizmos all over the maps and you need batteries to use them, but it doesn't matter because a dev went out of their way to copy paste a battery nearby anyway. I mean that's great for convenience, but if you're having to do that to give players more use out of the mastery what is it really a good idea to begin with?  

A lot of weird decisions this go around and some of them feel like those resources and that dev time could have spent on other aspects of the game. 

It feels like this expansion in general just lacked direction or something. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Hypnowulf.7403 said:

The Fallout 4 editor thing was a pretty sick burn, the clipping is astoundingly bad.

It was the story that got me though.

Let's bring in the Creation Goddess. She's the loveliest person to have ever existed, kind, caring, if a bit depressed. Now let's just murder her. We murdered The Goddess of All Creation! Which totally isn't jumping the flarkin' shark! And we murdered her because of some Vague Wibbly-Wobbly Ooze, the most creative villain to have blessed any fiction! Gosh, after having killed The Goddess of All Creation, how are we going to top that? It also means that Soo-Won knew everything about our reality so we're not going to find anything out there that's more fantastic that what we already knew but... That's okay! Um, it was probably silly to introduce The Goddess of All Creation, let alone kill her when we could've purified her and had her hang around as a background character but errr... It's fine! It's fine! We'll figure something out! Our hero is now on a power tier equal to The Goddess of All Creation, but we'll... We'll figure it out! We totally didn't jump the shark guys, honest! We'll do something with our remarkably vague ooze, there are certainly a lot of creative avenues for it! Believe us!

It just doesn't bode well for the future.

Yeah, it feels like they really jumped the shark on this part of the story. But when you spend however many months doing voice lines and character development for the first 2 acts, for characters that really aren't that interesting like Rama and Li, or even Joon really, you probably have to cut some time back on the final story. Which is dumb to me personally but they'd rather have (character name here) having a b.f. with cliche dialog than pay off on a 10 year story arc. 

They just wanted the elder dragon plot to be over. I'm not sure why they made the decisions they did and I doubt we'll ever hear anything more about it in the future. 

Aurene's dialog during the meta also felt really out of place. One line in particular that I'm still not sure I understand, "We'll always find a reason for what you do Soo Won" or some crap like that. 

Soo Won in general felt more tacked on than anything else. It's like they had these three things they wanted to force into this plot:
1. ) How were the elder dragons created.
2.) We need the deep sea dragon.
3.) We need a resolution to the elder dragon plot so we can move on and tell more stories about relatable characters.

The problem is that, for me, it seems like it's harder for them to find a balance between gameplay and story when they focus so much on characters because it throws the whole pacing off. It was just MUCH more noticeable this time around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Yeah, it feels like they really jumped the shark on this part of the story. But when you spend however many months doing voice lines and character development for the first 2 acts, for characters that really aren't that interesting like Rama and Li, or even Joon really, you probably have to cut some time back on the final story. Which is dumb to me personally but they'd rather have (character name here) having a b.f. with cliche dialog than pay off on a 10 year story arc. 

They just wanted the elder dragon plot to be over. I'm not sure why they made the decisions they did and I doubt we'll ever hear anything more about it in the future. 

Aurene's dialog during the meta also felt really out of place. One line in particular that I'm still not sure I understand, "We'll always find a reason for what you do Soo Won" or some crap like that. 

Soo Won in general felt more tacked on than anything else. It's like they had these three things they wanted to force into this plot:
1. ) How were the elder dragons created.
2.) We need the deep sea dragon.
3.) We need a resolution to the elder dragon plot so we can move on and tell more stories about relatable characters.

The problem is that, for me, it seems like it's harder for them to find a balance between gameplay and story when they focus so much on characters because it throws the whole pacing off. It was just MUCH more noticeable this time around. 

The real name of xpac: End of Dragons, Begin the Psychological Therapy Clinic..

The want sell "new direction" of lore is more "personality" of characters.

So the problem its all seems be a matter of just talk. 

Theres no more "unimaginable forces of nature", its all about ppl with mental disorders, the ED mental disorder is the "void".

I was enthusiastic about the return of the Gods, but now I'm afraid.

I don't want to be Lyssa, Dwayna's therapist and discuss "the feelings and emotions".

Imagine a lore where a moon due to some "gravitacional forces disturbance" is going to crash on earth, but latter we discover that moon had feelings and emotions, so all its happening because the moon is angry with a boyfriend kicking her and want revenge.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Theres no more "unimaginable forces of nature", its all about ppl with mental disorders, the ED mental disorder is the "void".

I don't want to be Lyssa, Dwayna's therapist and discuss "the feelings and emotions".

Imagine a lore where a moon due to some "gravitacional forces disturbance" is going to crash on earth, but latter we discover that moon had feelings and emotions, so all its happening because the moon is angry with a boyfriend kicking her and want revenge.

Was the moons boyfriend the planet it tried to crash into?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Well the gods have potential for better story telling given that they were once, presumably, human. Whether they do it well or not who knows. 

I think my biggest issue with Joon is that the whole going to her mansion bit and doing the puzzle. That instance and her behavior, I guess is because of the reactor blowing up and her blaming us? But it still felt like there were more pressing issues or ways to tell the story than to be killed by her yet again and just be like.. "Oh, look, we didn't do it! Why don't you believe us? Okay I'll kill your army of mechs until you run out of options and have to listen to us to move the plot forward. 

I mean I get that part of the story and her motivation for killing us, but why are we the only ones that are every concerned about the fact that reality is being undone? Why is this a step we need to take now? Why couldn't this be replaced with somekind of void encounter or interaction with Soo Won that makes the last part of the story more rewarding?

Why are we fighting Minister Li and doing detective work or waiting on legal documents when Aurene just got blasted out of the sky by a device that does something we've never seen before to one of the most powerful beings on Tyria, if not the most powerful being? 

Not to mention some of the actuals tory was just mastery and combat tutorial that really felt out of place given the circumstances of the plot. 

I guess I'm just thinking too much about what they don't want me to think about. They want me to look at Ankka and think about how grim and sinister she is, they want me to think about how we just led to the destruction of Joon's life's work and the existential crisis she's facing now. But like, that wouldn't be so bad if there was more substance and integration into the story in more than the first map. 

Maybe this just isn't the game for me anymore. Which being the only game I've played really for the past few years because I just don't have the time or interest in getting into new ones, means I'm just done gaming I guess. 

Maybe the whole business and content release model isn't sustainable for the quality I want and the past releases that felt more polished, more meaty, led to burnout or were unrealistic to begin with. I don't know, but this expansion feels like a mess to me and I can't attribute it solely to the pandemic or being blindsided. 

It still has potential and it's still one of the best mmo's on the market, but this didn't instill the hope in me I was looking for after IBS. We'll see what the future holds I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

As someone said recently, if you feel relieved after achieving/reaching a goal in GW2 instead of joy and happiness - the game is designed in a way to make you spend more and more time in the game but not to keep you enjoying it.

Getting achievements done or finally reaching max mastery level is like "yeah finally done". For me personally, dragonfall and LS4 had a better ending story and content-wise than this xpack. 

Also I'm stealing this. 

8 hours ago, NuggetScout.3782 said:

IBS 2.0 with fishing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

Not to mention some of the actuals tory was just mastery and combat tutorial that really felt out of place given the circumstances of the plot. 

Thats really incredibly weird. who's new player buy xpac and will jump into xpac zones first?

was for POF would make a little sense, since some new players are adviced by others to get raptor first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

"I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

I understand what you mean. Oh, and I don't even know what IBS is but it must be really bad.

I bought EoD without the hype for 30 Euros on day one and, well, it's okayish. I rather question some of the design and gameplay decisions than the quality of the experience itself. I played GW1 back in the day and oh boy, I loved Seitung Harbour when I got there. It's just a place ANet managed to do a fantastic job on.

However, I find it peculiar ANet decided to reduce the conflict between the Kurzicks and the Luxons to more or less a background story. They're all dead basically which is a shame. I also find the idea of a gang war going on in such an iconic place as the Echovald a bit out of place. There are clearly better story choices in my opinion. I also don't like the Aetherblades taking such a huge chunk of the story because, again, I think there would have been other story options better suited to Cantha than "oh kitten, we're assaulted by flying foreign pirates".

All in all, EoD also feels a bit too much "tech" for my taste. I don't know LoL but I reckon they have some weird stuff called HexTech which may or may not be just the same. I don't like the idea of flying turtles with mortars and blasters. Whoever thought that kitten up just had too much mangas in his/her youth.

It all feels a bit like a lot of decisions are about what other games offer and how to cannibalize them for EoD. It's counter productive in my view for an expac that was supposed to bring a ten year story arc to an end.

And for all those who now post their confused emoji, yeah, I know. It's very hard to point at the one thing that makes you feel somewhat "estranged" with this expac. It's just this Obi-Wan "these aren't the droids you're looking for" thing going on. I think some people just had higher expectations for a hyped update for such a great game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

I do wonder what direction this game is going or what they think their audience is , because on one boot they are pushing strikes and on the other, going around a city petting cats.

It's all very odd.

And there was no oni. Imagine oni popping up on *THAT*  meta.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I actually enjoyed PoF, as I did with all gw2 expansions, but I can't understand what makes PoF such a shining beacon in OP's eyes that EoD can't compare.

Is it just soulbeast good, untamed bad? You can say the mounts, but you can take the mounts to EoD maps. And nowadays, I usually use the skyscale and roller beetle, so I guess that's a point for season 4. 

EoD maps have tons more replayability and exploration is actually fun (subjective, but was there anything to see in PoF besides the desert? The only place I had fun discovering were the dwarven ruins). Your enjoyment of the elite specs depths what class(es) you play, but if you limit yourself to only ranger, you are missing on 88% of them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

I do wonder what direction this game is going or what they think their audience is , because on one boot they are pushing strikes and on the other, going around a city petting cats.

It's all very odd.

And there was no oni. Imagine oni popping up on *THAT*  meta.

I will add on my post, so mr confused can flex that i'm disappointed that they wrote out the kurzick/luxons and there was no new PvP zones ie,  like AB/FA/JQ. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1