Skiff Skin Prices.

They are in line (perhaps cheaper) with other premium level skins. They aren’t necs based on work involved to make, but how much people are prepared to pay. 1600 gems or 400-500 gold in conversion is obviously something they’ve found to be the right balance players will pay. Maybe they are a rip off,  but they’re a business and if people are paying it, they will sell it at that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

I just think when looking at outfits theres more work to it,and theyre 700 gems max. 1600 for a skiff skin is just a rip off.

To be honest, i think the price is cool, its a big feature and something you can showoff in game with ur character (idk if it has unique animations or sounds like mounts). I think the fishing rod skins would be like 700-800 gems more likely, but not skiffs.

If you wanna support the game buy it!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Have you seen the exclusive mount skins?

I can personally deal with these, they're hugely detailed and i can buy them normally.

I'm more pissed at the fact Mount skins from specific "families" are stuck behind different gambling boxes.

I know once a year they allow you to pick one from these boxes at a huge markup during "sales" but if you miss it you're SOL gambling if you want to go for a mount theme.

That stuff pisses me off. Imagine you went to Costco and you have to pick a number to randomly decide what kind of toilet paper you're getting. "Sorry Mr., only single ply this week, but come during our SUPER MEGA SALE then you might be allowed to pick 3 ply TP." 

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got the pre-order Skiff so it's extremely unlikely I'd ever get another one~ plus it has more surface area to stand on than the current new one which makes it better to me. That also makes Skiffs not 'purely cosmetic' as having a larger boat with more places to stand on gives an advantage. It may not mean much but the advantage still exists.

I practically never buy Mount skins so Skiffs will be the same, they're very expensive. And if I do get a skin it's 99.99% chance I'd never buy a 2nd one for the same thing. I don't have one for the Skyscale since I'm still waiting for a Leviathan/Water Dragon Skyscale for my one and only. And no force on earth would get me to buy a gambling loot box like how most mount skins are sold, even if it was the dragon I seeked.

(What I want most from gem store is ultra-rare; which is buttcapeless chest armor for medium armor malez. I'd buy a buncha those if they looked good.)

As weird as the price point for boats is (at least mount skins are animated), I think it's weirder that they're putting out skins that are fundamentally broken and not working as intended (Pre-order Skiff jacks the camera angle for you and anyone near you).

The basic free boat functions better than either of the premium options right now. Kinda weird, but I'll take it I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ordin.9047 said:

Look.... Do do you expect this company to go broke so that you can get everything free? Expansions only make them so much. 

Dont think you see the issue. Ive bought lots of outfits myself,and gifted mount packs to friends ingame.. Im talking about the Price of this particular skin,not about wanting something for free.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1