Revive Orbs

Revive orbs are great idea, you can buy them while dead and help the squad and arena net, but why would you pay 60 gold for a chance to get 2 or so? I think prices for them should be, maybe 5-10  gold or 10-20 gems, then they should, with even bigger cooldown, be used tactically, and many more people would use them. It wouldn't allow beginners to do Dhum CM or something, so It shouldn't be game breaking, and Casual players would benefit from it, and Arena Net also.

What do you think? ūüôā

You get a lot from black lion chest maybe, but only if you farm/buy keys. I didn't had a lot orbs, cos I didn't farm keys to much, maybe 20 Orbs total in 4000 hours of playing. So casual players, like me, that do fractals/meta events/strike missions shouldn't have much orbs, and orbs are, as I said, not game breaking. They are very useful especially for casual players, so if they die, people don't be hard on them, so they could be, basically, "Community - Friendly item". They could keep people playing strikes and fractals, if they could afford them easier.

My opinion of course - I am probably wrong on some points ūüôā

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think I've ever bought revive orbs either. I just use the free ones from login rewards and other places. I do hesitate before using them, and don't use them all the time, because I don't want to waste them on situations where I don't really need them and then run out when it would be really useful, but I think I'd be more likely to do that with paid ones, even if they were cheaper than they are now. Also I don't see that as a bad thing, because I think it's always a good idea to know what your options are. I didn't notice the emergency waypoint on the Pact airship during the Dragon's End meta until I'd died and was checking for the closest waypoint to get back from.

2 hours ago, Dragan.7123 said:

but why would you pay 60 gold for a chance to get 2 or so?

This wording is confusing me, where are you buying revive orbs from that gives you a random chance? If you buy them from the gem store you're guarenteed either 1 or 5, depending on how many you choose to buy, and other sources are free.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dragan.7123 said:

You get a lot from black lion chest maybe, but only if you farm/buy keys. I didn't had a lot orbs, cos I didn't farm keys to much, maybe 20 Orbs total in 4000 hours of playing. So casual players, like me, that do fractals/meta events/strike missions shouldn't have much orbs, and orbs are, as I said, not game breaking. They are very useful especially for casual players, so if they die, people don't be hard on them, so they could be, basically, "Community - Friendly item". They could keep people playing strikes and fractals, if they could afford them easier.

My opinion of course - I am probably wrong on some points ūüôā

I have way less play time than you and don't really farm blk away from the weekly one and have at the moment 9 in my bank. But i know that i used some before, so i don't know where you take the casual-player logic from.

As the one above me said, you get them very often from the daily login. You get like 4(?) of these BL-Chest from daily reward and there you get your'e BL Salvage kit, Stones, ect.

But yeah, its personal opinion, but i personally don't see the point in anet spending time to change something like this. When the cooldown gets higher i don't see any advantage for casual players. Because in my experience when they die once, they will die again after revive. This is why i don't use them very often, mostly when i play with friends and know there know how.

Most of the time the best tatic is to just die and do it again, instead of waiting for a few people  to solo something in 10+ min.

• Confused 1

ArenaNet has given a Revive Orb, at no cost, 8 times in the past. We get one with every Achievement Chest, one from completion of 3 different Story chapters, one from an achievement, from Black Lion Chests (often) and Chests of Black Lion Goods (less often).  They can also be purchases with Black Lion Statuettes, which are occasionally rewarded/given at no cost, as well.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy them.  (Looked at how many I currently have - it's 39.)

41 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

that's already more than most people 

And?

I don't think one blk gives me so much advantage. Besides, its a free key which takes not longer than 15-30min, or when you have a lot of tomes even less.

But sure, when you want to pay the money or gold for an revive orb~, you can do this. There is no need for a change of the orb, because you don't want to pay the full price. I like the way the orb works at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But sure, when you want to pay the money or gold for an revive orb~, you can do this. There is no need for a change of the orb, because you don't want to pay the full price. I like the way the orb works at the moment.

I know that they're completely useless, I honestly can't remember the last time I used them, I don't think they need to be changed, except maybe removed for being useless