Mechanist Feels Like A More Powerful Power Scrapper

Ashen.2907

I am not an engineer expert or anything but playing around on my Mechanist feels an awful lot, aesthetics aside, like a more powerful version of my Scrapper. Charge into melee so that your attacks can generate sustain, pound away at your foe dazing/stunning as you go, profit. Doing more damage and with greater sustain. Don't get me wrong it is fun to play, but does scrapper have a reason to exist any longer?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I wouldn't call it more powerful, just different, but I do see what you mean.  Support boons, barrier generation but for a group, and a lot of power is in the Mech which takes pressure off of you.  Quickness Scrapper though has group Superspeed and Quickness, it's FAST.  Different but similar.  And, RP wise, I kind of love it, because what is a Scrapper vs Mechanist, someone who focuses more on fast results instead of organized precision and look at Superspeed/Quickness vs Alacrity (faster repetition) and a single more powerful piece of tech instead of multiple little bots.   Very similar, but filling different roles.

Edited by Jerus.4350
  • Like 3

Jade bot can make use of guided rocket from explosive trait if you choose him to be ranged. (2x rocket each 4 sec). Decent condi play, but bot is boring. Just make traits to upgrade bot stats and behavior. Nerf him and bring back engi toolbelts. It is really ez to play as mechanic with high survivability and big dmg. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Do more DPS on your scrapper then, 10K+ should set you above mechanists on the same gear even in PVE (5% damage to barrier) and that is before shock shield (hammer 4). Mechanists' mace has below 300 per second of barrier unless you run heal power stats and have external quickness, plus ~260ish on the rectifier signet. If you run barrier engine on power mechanist you tank DPS further.

I got to be honest mechanist is awesome but the mech also ruins it for me mostly because i absolutely hate the AI. It might be the most idiotic AI that i have ever seen in any mmo.

I can't even count how many times i have died because bot goes full on short buss mode running after some critter so far that you can barely see it or it gets stuck on a pebble in the middle of a fight or i target a foe and command it to attack it and the mech goes again on gomer pyle mode and attacks on entirely different mob/wastes its attack on thin air.

The spec has potential but my idea of fun time doesn't include babysitting overpowered buggy robot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

I got to be honest mechanist is awesome but the mech also ruins it for me mostly because i absolutely hate the AI. It might be the most idiotic AI that i have ever seen in any mmo.

I can't even count how many times i have died because bot goes full on short buss mode running after some critter so far that you can barely see it or it gets stuck on a pebble in the middle of a fight or i target a foe and command it to attack it and the mech goes again on gomer pyle mode and attacks on entirely different mob/wastes its attack on thin air.

The spec has potential but my idea of fun time doesn't include babysitting overpowered buggy robot.

Sounds like a user error tbh. You have all the tools in your disposal to make the mech do what you want it to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Sounds like a user error tbh. You have all the tools in your disposal to make the mech do what you want it to. 

Might be but doesn't change that the mech AI is just idiotic sometimes and the main reason why i hate pet classes is the constant micromanaging of the pet.

Yesterday i was in wvw and when i commanded my mech to attack enemy siege weapons you know what that dum dum did? it ran direct opposite way into the cave and started to attack mole men and i was not even next to them or didn't target any of them.

There was tons of videos of that bug from beta and yet the bug still remains where the mech just goes berserk and attack something completely different than it supposed to.

• Thanks 2

On 3/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, Scolix.4879 said:

Control your mech. Use f6 and f7 to move hime around. Call back with f4 for a quick repos. The mech does not auto play around, you need to guide him.

Scrapper has group utility that mechanist doesn't have, like group Quickness, group superspeed, and function gyro for revives.  

Mechanist also has group utility Scrapper doesn't have..  group barrier, group alacrity, group might, 

The main difference is that Scrapper is weak while Solo, but mechanist is a beast.  They should have only nerfed impact savant in pvp..  Scrapper has terrible sustain now and is a lot squishier than mechanist. 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:13 PM, Makuragee.3058 said:

Control your mech. Use f6 and f7 to move hime around. Call back with f4 for a quick repos. The mech does not auto play around, you need to guide him.

The mech feels only fine against people who play with their feet or are bots them self against even a mediocre players its just utter crap and too easy to cc and or kill and without the mech the spec is more useless than core engineer turrets.

4 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

The mech feels only fine against people who play with their feet or are bots them self against even a mediocre players its just utter crap and too easy to cc and or kill and without the mech the spec is more useless than core engineer turrets.

In pvp yeah, its mostly unusable. In wvw aint that bad if you zerg and take only long range fight. In pve is more than fine, its so fun! They should not have remove the cc bar in pvp. Now its really not fun to play with in pvp.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

In pvp yeah, its mostly unusable. In wvw aint that bad if you zerg and take only long range fight. In pve is more than fine, its so fun! They should not have remove the cc bar in pvp. Now its really not fun to play with in pvp.

Well that is my main problems with the spec it just feels awful to play against with anybody with brainpower to cc the mech because the mechanist itself is just core light. In pve it works most of the time. In wvw i have managed to have some success but i am not a zerg player as i dislike that style with a passion im more of a small scale fight player and roamer and on roaming mech working is like tossing a dice works 50/50 depends if the enemy has a brainpower to cc the mech.

My other problems about the spec are.

1. The mech is just way too big if i could i would customisize my mech about 50% smaller its just ridiculous how large it is.

2. The pathing of the mech it feels and acts like a hunter pet from wow circa 2004-2011 it constantly gets stuck or fires its attack at nothing.

3. Not really only mechanist problem but engineer problem in general. I hate grenades and i am kind of sick how good they are and how almost every time those things are the goto on damage vice. 

4. I also would love that the mech would stay by my side and not constantly woosh around like somekind of olympic skater.

• Thanks 1