Global Quickness nerf in order?

The Boz.2038

16 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Any nerfs to Quickness or Alacrity would throw a serious wrench into Anet's 'roles' implementation for groups to ensure a place for any class people want to play. I see no reason they would do all the implementation work to make roles happen, then demolish it with nerfs to either of these boons. 

Personally, I think the choice of these two boons as 'roles' is strategic; they both heavily benefit the average player more than any others. Any nerfs to these would also be a significant back pedal of the idea that there is a place for casual players to experience group content and use LI builds to be successful. These boons are NOT there for the highly capable players ... they don't need them. 

To be fair I'm with Obtena on this one. What would the point be of making these roles only to end up destroying them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:43 AM, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Quickness, like alacrity and unlike stat buffs like might, affects the rotation, so you would have to develop optimised rotations w/ and w/o quickness to do this test.

That been said, you could very well be totally right, and quickness is more powerful than 25 might (and we're taking purely about damage, like you said quickness affects -almost- all skill usage), but that's besides the point.

Like I said, quickness is a very rare boon. Might and fury are often by-products of regular rotations. You can blast a fire field to get might. If Time Warp gave fury, it would be a 12s cooldown skill, not 120s.

Um..excuse me lmao? Almost every class has access to quickness and a certain guardian spec is dubbed "quickbrand"!

Edit: To the confused emoji, where's the lie? You know I'm correct.

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
response to emoji
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Um..excuse me lmao? Almost every class has access to quickness and a certain guardian spec is dubbed "quickbrand"!

As superior sigil of rage exist, you can say "all" (it will be true in PvE and WvW at least).

Also, it isn't wrong to say "all" in general as:

1. Elementalist: Lightning hammer -> Lightning leap
  2. Warrior: Axe off hand -> Dual strike /Frenzy/heighten focus... etc.
  3. Ranger: Zephyr's speed/Quickening zephyr...
  4. Necromancer: Dread
  5. Guardian: "Feel my wrath!"
  6. Thief: Haste/burst of agilty/consume plasma...
  7. Engineer: Elixir U/Purity of purpose/Kinetic battery
  8. Mesmer: Furious interuption/Phatasmal haste/arcane thievery... etc.
  9. Revenant: phase traversal/brutality

People are often confusing the "confused" e-mote for a "dislike" emote because they just don't like when someone write something they don't want to read. (You see I'm likely to get some "confused" as well for writing this much 😉 ).

Edit: As boons, Alacrity/Resistance/Aegis are way scarcer than Quickness.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There's just too much access to it in too many different ways.

Genuinely preferred it back when it was a non-boon generally requiring the use of a utility skill or major trait investment to get access to.  Huge boosts in attack speed to reduce cast times and inject more skills in shorter amounts of time can quickly break things like cast times, which becomes a chore to balance in PvP.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 9:27 AM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Boons are not a yes or no, duration matters. Permanent quickness requires investment, even to maintain only on oneself.  And the context of the discussion was in comparison to fury and might.

• Like 2