Bring back tournaments.

Caedmon.6798

So people have a reason to care again. Week long ? Or a couple of weeks long tourneys with a Proper end reward so people will maybe bother playing this game mode as it is supposed to be played ? So people will maybe start scouting and roaming again,flipping things more as just rushing that one objective over and over.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

we do not even come close to a total of dead and killed of half of the two opposing teams ...

we clearly have less than half as many players as our opponents.

is it perhaps appropriate to fix something before thinking about tournaments?

That something wont happen,so they might want to add things like Tourneys again instead.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i personally have zero interest in a week where everyone cares even more about ppt than they do yet. absolutely tedious. i doubt anet could make the prices worth ppting against NA nightblobs and other lifeless blobservers, of which EU has enough.

like, we could probs defend most stuff with split up groups of 20 people but is that really worth it? lots of organization would be required to catch all the sneaky little pepegas on 2 maps for 24 hours, 7 days long.

also, how would u create matchups there?

___

besides, anet's argumentation was kinda that it'd make people burn out. and i kinda feel that's accurate. ppt as it is is just a horrible system and highly exploitable. u don't need skill or coordination for it, just a lot of people and offhour coverage. night, day, morning and primetime coverage in adequate size.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

u don't need skill or coordination for it, just a lot of people and offhour coverage. night, day, morning and primetime coverage in adequate size.

So basically 24x7 😆... ANet only did a single Tournament to my recollection (2 if you want to count the China one).  Maybe they should allow those that want to sign up for a Tournament do so.  During the Tournament, those people would be paired with a team to compete.  Kind of like how PvP Tournaments are done, only for 4, 6, or 8 weeks (longer if wanting to).  Prizes can be things that would be worth the time sink (in-game items).

Everytime this comes up, I realize people forget how bad both stacking and hacking was.  And, while you still see people teleport/speed hacking daily, it's not quite as bad as it was back then.  I would rather they spend dev time just fixing things, than trying to do a tournament.  Maybe they could start with the oil trait, that has been reported as broken for 5 years now.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:48 PM, Coldtart.4785 said:

Giving people a reason to care about the score means giving people a reason to:

-spy

-hack

-DDOS voice comms servers

-bribe guilds

-avoid fights

So…basically what happens in real wars, but now in a video game? Sounds more realistic to me. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Alllright,then keep it as dead as it currently is,because that seems to work !

no, 

we politely ask the admin if he can/wants to devote some time and work to how teams/matches are built and also we ask if we can block transfers once and for all.

but perhaps it is asking too much waiting for alliances?

18 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Alllright,then keep it as dead as it currently is,because that seems to work !

Your idea makes no sense at all. It would kill WvWvW even more. Tournaments where u can buy your Winticket is simply stupid. They have to bring that alliance system first and much more love to the Mode + Steam RLS which could bring a big influx of fresh blood.  Transfers should be locked then. 

On 4/2/2022 at 11:26 AM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

WvW has had tournaments every year or every second year for as long as the game has been out.

They have been player-made GvG tournaments. That is the only tournament format that needs developer support.

No,they didnt have a Tourney every year.

• Like 1

There were so many problems with the tournaments.  I was on FA for the first WvW tournament and I remember tanking as hard as we could to get out of gold league and I think we sent mag up there and they just got ppt'd in the rear for like 2 months straight. Then in the second tournament I was on Gandara, and there were like 100 man queues on the BLs and a 300 man queue on EB. I used to get home in the middle of primetime so there was no way I was going to play wvw for the duration of that tournament lol. In fact here's an old screenshot of how the queues were when I got home: https://i.imgur.com/do1GYTM.jpg. I think this was also the tournament where BG got double teamed for 2 months straight against TC and JQ. I'm sure they really had fun. I remember seeing them tick ZERO during primetime. Every fight they had probably got AJ'd too. I was on SoS for the final WvW tournament but I didn't really play WvW during that time so I don't remember anything about it.

• Like 1

I designed us a tournament system of 3 weeks:

1. It consists of regular season which decides which tier you start in the tournament (normal WvW)
  2. Depending on tier, you earn more points and those points decide what tier you start next time
  3. After 1st round, losing/winning causes to jump 2 tiers (if possible). After 2nd round 1-up-1-down system is active (except in rare cases if you win tier 3).
  4. Total scoring decides final placement thus placement rewards.
  5. There are 12 servers total

Crude draft (paint)

https://i.imgur.com/SOOhSRp.jpg

Edited by Threather.9354
Trying to post image as image
  • Confused 1