Thank you for Season 1 re-release

I played upon game release and stopped after some time once I reached level 80 before season 1 was released.

I came back almost 8 years later and was really confused about the game. It was hard to connect with the story and be interested in the characters. I stepped back in Lion's Arch and I thought I was some place else. It took a long time until I realized Season 1 had happened.

Just got a new toon, again, to experience the history. Can't wait to see how you gonna bring it back.

Next ask: make dungeons relevant again.

Edited by angrax.1372
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

I played upon game release and stopped after some time once I reached level 80 before season 1 was released.

I came back almost 8 years later and was really confused about the game. It was hard to connect with the story and be interested in the characters. I stepped back in Lion's Arch and I thought I was some lace else. It took a long time until I realized Season 1 had happened.

Just got a new toon, again, to experience the history. Can't wait to see how you gonna bring it back.

Next ask: make dungeons relevant again.

Well sad to say dungeons are dead and fractals are on life support atm.

Strikes might be what we are getting in the future.

5 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Fractals are on life support?  I don't think so.

Yea with this release cadance, I dont see it as in active development.

November 28th, 2017 the Twilight Oasis

June 26, 2018  the Deepstone

January 8, 2019  the Siren's Reef

September 15, 2020  the Sunqua Peak

28 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea with this release cadance, I dont see it as in active development.

November 28th, 2017 the Twilight Oasis

June 26, 2018  the Deepstone

January 8, 2019  the Siren's Reef

September 15, 2020  the Sunqua Peak

And then they started working on an expansion and strike missions. And for a good part of that time they were working on IBS as well.  Seems to me if you're making an expansion and a living world episode at the same time, you don't have quite enough time to work on everything else.

But people said the same thing about Fractals before Sunqua came out.  Fractals haven't been in active development for ages, as in they don't work on them every second. It doesn't mean they won't add new ones. 

At any rate, it's still some of the most popular instanced content in the game. I don't think they're on life support. They're just coming out really slowly.  I don't think Anet isn't going to come out with more fractals if that's what you're suggesting.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

And then they started working on an expansion and strike missions. And for a good part of that time they were working on IBS as well.  Seems to me if you're making an expansion and a living world episode at the same time, you don't have quite enough time to work on everything else.

But people said the same thing about Fractals before Sunqua came out.  Fractals haven't been in active development for ages, as in they don't work on them every second. It doesn't mean they won't add new ones. 

At any rate, it's still some of the most popular instanced content in the game. I don't think they're on life support. They're just coming out really slowly.  I don't think Anet isn't going to come out with more fractals if that's what you're suggesting.

Yea hence why I said life support and not dead outright.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

e

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Yea hence why I said life support and not dead outright.

Well I guess we can assign any definition we want to life support.  I'm pretty sure if new ones come out irregularly most people wouldn't be using that term.  It sure doesn't mean that to me.  There are better ways to phrase what you're saying that wouldn't be so open to interpretation.

I think Fractals are still fun, and I think people still have fun playing them, even people who play them every day.  They'd like more, sure, but I guarantee you my friends who do fractals daily don't believe they're on life support.  It's an ambiguous term you didn't bother to define.  

6 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Strike missions is a budget mode reutilizing history mode bosses, its a complete joke. 

• Confused 1

Took them long enough, we've only been complaining and begging for season 1's reintroduction for what.. 7 years? lol

It's nice to hear Anet finally address that the missing story content is a big problem though, specially after so many years of arguing with people that don't care and just want new stuff constantly.
Season 1 will always be important to this game no matter how much people like the content or hate it.
It's so good to see Anet finally admit this and do something about it.

I'm also glad they see that after End of Dragons provided them with a good opportunity to go back and fix up the older game content, before they commit heavily into new story and new content again.
I made a post specifically about this opportunity well over a year ago and I was very adamant about this period of time being the best chance in years for this to actually happen.
I'm glad Anet saw the same opportunity here and jumped on it, I can't wait for season 1 to come back and finally close that gaping hole in the story that has bothered me immensely for almost a decade lol

6 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Strike missions is a budget mode reutilizing history mode bosses, its a complete joke. 

Strike missions are pretty much exactly what people have been asking for for ages.  The most casual players don't want to miss the story. One of the problem with raids.

Strike missions give the casual audience a chance to experience the entire story without missing out, harder version for people who don't like stories because they're too easy and soon  a much harder version for harder core players. A portion of the community has asked for this for a long time and Anet finally delivers and you say it's a joke? What exactly do you find funny about it?

The fights that take place using the same assets are in fact harder in the strike mission than the story mission.  The mechanics are more complex, everything is harder. The coordination required is completely different. 

Honestly I don't think I could disagree more.

35 minutes ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

I heard from people who played it that S1 was deeply terrible. Still, I'm curious at least for historic value. Surely can't be worse than Personal story. And I want to see Scarlet in action.

I played Season 1 and it was not deeply terrible. The worst that can be said for it was that it was uneven in quality. But the community was swept up in it and I can't tell you how many people didn't like Season 2 because they felt Season 1 was so much better.

Some of  my favorite content to date  were in Season 1 including Escape from Lion's Arch, The Nightmare Tower and The Marionette fight.  And the community largely thought it was good.  There were some complaints about it, but there are always some complaints. The overall judgement of the community was more positive than negative.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I played Season 1 and it was not deeply terrible. The worst that can be said for it was that it was uneven in quality. But the community was swept up in it and I can't tell you how many people didn't like Season 2 because they felt Season 1 was so much better.

Some of  my favorite content to date  were in Season 1 including Escape from Lion's Arch, The Nightmare Tower and The Marionette fight.  And the community largely thought it was good.  There were some complaints about it, but there are always some complaints. The overall judgement of the community was more positive than negative.

Well, one way or the other. I'm glad it's back finally for us late people to experience.

• Like 1