We want to see more Moas!

Stallic.2397

"Last up for mesmer, we have a big cooldown reduction to Signet of Humility. This is another change we'll be keeping a close eye on to see if the cooldown is a bit too low or if the effect duration needs to be adjusted, but we do want to see players getting transformed into moas on a more regular basis.

Signet of Humility: Reduced cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and Wv W."

Lol, step it up Mesmers! Anet wants more Moas 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

THIEVES: after years of abusing every mesmer on sight with little to no retaliation possible, they get the most incredibly powerful facetanking transformation with specter; no plasma, no blocks, no blinds, no invulns, no evades, just pure damage absorption there's no way you can get through that shroud
MESMERS: get half the CD on the most powerful anti-transformation skill, counterable only by ALL THE THINGS SPECTERS LACK

Now isn't that is the 180IQ move 💗

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

THIEVES: after years of abusing every mesmer on sight with little to no retaliation possible, they get the most incredibly powerful facetanking transformation with specter; no plasma, no blocks, no blinds, no invulns, no evades, just pure damage absorption there's no way you can get through that shroud
MESMERS: get half the CD on the most powerful anti-transformation skill, counterable only by ALL THE THINGS SPECTERS LACK

Now isn't that is the 180IQ move 💗

You uh...

You're drooling there sir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The cd on this one was pretty high so I can see the reasoning for the reduction. It is quite easy to counter too so even 50% cd cut might be ok. Just can’t help but see it as an easy way to buff Mesmer without too much thought. Just slap low cd Moa so virtuoso can have a shot at killing something. Hopefully they revisit the weapons and traits to greater extent in the big patch.

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Haha 1

I play mesmer and I like moa but after you get couple of giggles out of the skill you will quickly realize how degenerate the skill actually is. Its a 6s of hard CC that cant be broken out of.
The duration might need to go down to 5s, just to make it more counter-playable.
Remember, it can still be yeeted from stealth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

I play mesmer and I like moa but after you get couple of giggles out of the skill you will quickly realize how degenerate the skill actually is. Its a 6s of hard CC that cant be broken out of.
The duration might need to go down to 5s, just to make it more counter-playable.

I started playing arenas without reading the patchnotes. Haven't met a mesmer with elite signet in years, so I couldn't be bothered to watch for the elite animation. Got moa-d. Too bad for the enemy, he was already below 10% health. My opponent got pecked to death. I wasn't able to moa-kill anyone in almost a decade, it's a truely unique experience.
Moa is not a hard CC, it's a transformation. You still have some agency while transformed, and thats what makes it fun. (and the fact that it memes on everything that has a self-transform or shroud)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

It's not really hard CC though, just press skill 5, dodge, then skill 2 and you're fine 90% of the time.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I started playing arenas without reading the patchnotes. Haven't met a mesmer with elite signet in years, so I couldn't be bothered to watch for the elite animation. Got moa-d. Too bad for the enemy, he was already below 10% health. My opponent got pecked to death. I wasn't able to moa-kill anyone in almost a decade, it's a truely unique experience.
Moa is not a hard CC, it's a transformation. You still have some agency while transformed, and thats what makes it fun. (and the fact that it memes on everything that has a self-transform or shroud)

When the buff backfires on anet, i wish they do not just nerf the cd again, it would be really funny if they just buff moa to a point that it counters the mesmer if they misuse it.

10 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

It's not really hard CC though, just press skill 5, dodge, then skill 2 and you're fine 90% of the time.

This

12 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

IYou still have some agency while transformed, and thats what makes it fun. (and the fact that it memes on everything that has a self-transform or shroud)

It -is- indeed fun and I always enjoy getting moa'd despite my general pessimism toward mesmer and its derivatives. 

They need to make more balance changes that promote fun. 90 seconds is fine to [bird up] one person. Adjust portal next. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1