Mesmer patch notes 29/03

Levetty.1279

24 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Lol the buffs on Virtuoso was damage buffs, you went a full sustained build vs a zerker build perhaps you want to fight on equal grounds with the same statline? You are playing full celestial + defender runes vs a full zerk on fireworks rune...perhaps you wanna try going zerk vs zerk u can keep the defender runes.

It doesnt take brains that celestial statline is currently plaguing WvW lol.

But if your win condition is based off of being in celestial stats then that isnt a win condition that is celestial stats being overtuned. 

I welcome to fight u in Arms if you want but if you wanna go full celestial then i can go full celestial on my mirage to even the grounds.

Chiming in for a second. So I am agreeing with Salt only because especially in WvW; if you’re gonna hold a duel off somewhere and since we pretty much get to take any build, buffs etc.. with us in that game mode, atleast treat the duel as if you were in sPvP.

Only agreeing with this because yes, it doesn’t make any sense to hold a duel when let’s say one is in full zerk or a pwr focused build and then the other person is just sitting on minstrels or celestials 🤷‍♂️ You’re essentially going to out sustain the other person which yeah sure you can easily say “well that’s part of my build,” but I mean…you can bring that “build” in pvp either sooooo; why not just gear up as if you were in one and have a civilized duel?

Just my two cents though; let me know when you guys fight again so I can bring my popcorn and watch.

Edited by Tseison.4659

15 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Chiming in for a second. So I am agreeing with Salt only because especially in WvW; if you’re gonna hold a duel off somewhere and since we pretty much get to take any build, buffs etc.. with us in that game mode, atleast treat the duel as if you were in sPvP.

Only agreeing with this because yes, it doesn’t make any sense to hold a duel when let’s say one is in full zerk or a pwr focused build and then the other person is just sitting on minstrels or celestials 🤷‍♂️ You’re essentially going to out sustain the other person which yeah sure you can easily say “well that’s part of my build,” but I mean…you can bring that “build” in pvp either sooooo; why not just gear up as if you were in one and have a civilized duel?

Just my two cents though; let me know when you guys fight again so I can bring my popcorn and watch.

Truth be told I just want to highlight how stupid celestial statline is overall.

• Haha 1

Have spent a lot of the day solo roaming on Virtuoso in WvW and I can definitely feel an improvement. The lower block CD has been particularly noticeable. Trying to teach myself not to hold onto it because 17s with Illusions is hella low. I legit don't notice the Bladesong Dissonance change because the skill still feels bad to use and you can't interrupt anything with it. Everything else has been quite noticeable, though I still can't get the hang of dagger honestly so I'm sticking to Sw/P GS. Have seen it getting some use in sPvP, though not sure if it's a good choice. Psychic Force feels better but bar too space is too competitive and I still think it could use an evade. Moa change has been great. The amount of moas being thrown out has gone up so much. I think I got moa'd three times today lol. Still really really vibing with Dom/Illu. Everything else I have tried just hasn't clicked with me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Virtuoso is now good in PvP but it is not fun to play or play against. 17s cd on F4 spamming aegis and blocks and 40s invun utility. 

Dagger buffs are irrelevant you will never play dagger over greatsword and you won't play both because that is just troll. 

Nice to see GS damage/cd buffs which buffs power mesmer all across. Also moa buff is fun and can potentially bring mesmer back in the meta since it now has part of the teamfight utility it once had. Could maybe see power Mirage with Moa lol. 

Still I'd like to see distortion back on Chrono and make Elite and Distortion not be effected by CS cooldown reset. 

Edited by McPero.3287
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, McPero.3287 said:

Virtuoso is now good in PvP but it is not fun to play or play against. 17s cd on F4 spamming aegis and blocks and 40s invun utility. 

Dagger buffs are irrelevant you will never play dagger over greatsword and you won't play both because that is just troll. 

Nice to see GS damage/cd buffs which buffs power mesmer all across. Also moa buff is fun and can potentially bring mesmer back in the meta since it now has part of the teamfight utility it once had. Could maybe see power Mirage with Moa lol. 

Still I'd like to see distortion back on Chrono and make Elite and Distortion not be effected by CS cooldown reset. 

Block is the strongest part as well as its weakest part of Virtuoso. A thief shortbow can pretty much null you for a good while considering their AoE is unblockable, infact anything unblockable will heavily kitten you which includes spine chill from necros.

While im not being ungrateful for the buff I felt the reduced CD on the F4 was not needed.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780

3 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Block is the strongest part as well as its weakest part of Virtuoso. A thief shortbow can pretty much null you for a good while considering their AoE is unblockable, infact anything unblockable will heavily kitten you which includes spine chill from necros.

Specter is current thief meta spec and doesn't really run anything thats unblockable apart from steal. So your main threat is shiro herald. 

3 minutes ago, McPero.3287 said:

Specter is current thief meta spec and doesn't really run anything thats unblockable apart from steal. So your main threat is shiro herald. 

Metas can always change depending on the buffs on a certain class, im sure if Virtuoso starts seeing more play in high lvl pvp that builds will start drifting.

12 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, cooldown wasn't necesarily the problem with Bladesongs. Like, ok, you can cast them more often now, but their problem is being blocked by everything, small hitbox and well, everyting we discussed already

Bit late but I wanted to chime in on this one. I did have issues with being stuck with maxed out blades and no Bladesongs available even with Shatterstorm (or only F3 and F4 which I'd rather save for later). It also makes sense if Virtuoso is supposed to be the Shatter centric spec. Not perfect but a start.

Now, let's see whether this will be extended to PvE in the summer patch. I still hope for more significant changes, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I think the biggest thing holding virtuoso back right now is needing to face a target when using bladesongs. 

You don't need to anymore although you still can't move when pressing the button. 

I've tested it and defintly doesn't require you to face the target. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

Can i has some utility on dagger? Maybe a tp or a defensive? Ill trade some dmg for it.

Also take the extra step and make bladesongs useable while not facing the target and moving.

Bladesongs don't require you to face the target. However you do have to not be moving when initially pressing. Free to move as the effect goes off tho 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

Can i has some utility on dagger? Maybe a tp or a defensive? Ill trade some dmg for it.

Also take the extra step and make bladesongs useable while not facing the target and moving.

Honestly, just a push back like Ranger has.

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Bladesongs don't require you to face the target. However you do have to not be moving when initially pressing. Free to move as the effect goes off tho 

Well, that's nothing new. Any ability that needs you to face the target will always make you face the target so long as you don't move.  So if they are juking around you, they can't outrun this targeting. But if you press any movement key while it's trying that, it will cancel. Which is not fun.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

Bit late but I wanted to chime in on this one. I did have issues with being stuck with maxed out blades and no Bladesongs available even with Shatterstorm (or only F3 and F4 which I'd rather save for later). It also makes sense if Virtuoso is supposed to be the Shatter centric spec. Not perfect but a start.

Now, let's see whether this will be extended to PvE in the summer patch. I still hope for more significant changes, though.

It's true, if you don't run illusions for the F1 ammo trait, it can happen that you have blades but not bladesongs to spend them on. So if they are pushing towards a shatter spec, this is indeed a step in the right direction!

• Haha 1