Switching characters results in infinite load screen [Merged]

6 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This update should have fixed this bug. It looks like some of you are still running into it, so I'm alerting people right now. 

If any of you were experiencing this bug and it has resolved with this update, please let me know! 

I am now able to load my characters without restarts. Not sure the behavior is quite the same as before though. It seems that redrawing the icon bar is a bit slower.

Appears the fix is working.  Loading characters before their portrait and selected character model load in on the character select screen works lickity split.  I've also not experienced the failure to load the portraits on the character select screen since the patch.

Thank you for addressing this!

3 hours ago, vee.5609 said:

none of you having to still alt-f4 after toon swapping and getting the nag screen of game client lost connection and a white screen of death (even changing maps causes it)?  I've seen this happen daily as of the SAB patch, either this or the infinite load times...

I'm doing fine, no alt+f4 needed.

Hi,

i still have the loading problem at caracters  selection ; 30s at least to load caracters and background.

I have deleted local.dat, it worked nice at first launch, and problem came back at 2nd launch.

For me it seems to be related to arcdps with dx11 ; if i disable it or use it with dx9, it loads normally,

Half loaded maps and environnement seem to be fix.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

it looks like its fixed. Thank you.

I was able to find a work around that I posted before by making my refresh rate unlimited so that laoded all characters fast at the character screen. I was not paying attention the last day however I checked today and it was set to 30 frames and no issues at all so it looks like its fixed.

on a side note, I put it to 30 frames just because my gpu makes this noise when its 60 that bother my ear. I guess I'm too sensetive as no one else in thhe house hears it lol

7 hours ago, boxterduke.5269 said:

on a side note, I put it to 30 frames just because my gpu makes this noise when its 60 that bother my ear. I guess I'm too sensetive as no one else in thhe house hears it lol

Oh hey, me too! Well, I set mine to 60fps because it makes the sound (coil whine? electrical static?) when it's set to unlimited.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:55 AM, Robin.8047 said:

Oh hey, me too! Well, I set mine to 60fps because it makes the sound (coil whine? electrical static?) when it's set to unlimited.

Yeah the coil.whine I believe. Even at 60 I hear it. Very annoying. 

Been modding Skyrim se and fallout 4 like crazy and the whine is insane I had to go to the Nvidia drivers and set it to 30 frames max for those 2 games. 

No whine with games like farcry and doom eternal for example. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:47 AM, Sylvio.2374 said:

Hi,

i still have the loading problem at caracters  selection ; 30s at least to load caracters and background.

I have deleted local.dat, it worked nice at first launch, and problem came back at 2nd launch.

For me it seems to be related to arcdps with dx11 ; if i disable it or use it with dx9, it loads normally,

Half loaded maps and environnement seem to be fix.

Problem solved by upgrading my Nvidia drivers from 496 to 512