A question about devs in the WvW balance or balance in general

Howluffu.7259

I know if I designed a balance patch it would look almost nothing like what we see. I'd make the classes more diverse, give them all a special goal, give Rangers something to bring to squads, buff warriors entirely, make classes unique. 

I wonder if all these balances are still towards the goal of "we want basically every class to be as boring and as same as possible" failed philosophy that has killed games in the past.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I dunno if you ever played GW1.  The pvp was a royal rumble type of game with multiple teams and every game the best team was always 7 guardians and 1 dps.

They literally boonblobbed around and just withered people because they could not die and that was the meta.  7 guardians and 1 dps.

This game is exactly the same and wont change because they believe that is balanced its what 'wvw' is always balanced on for them.

What you should be asking for is why the population is so high on friday but the servers cant take the amount of people who want to play, but the rest of the week the servers are majority empty.  Is there a way for them to upgrade their servers so more people can play together or is it too expensive?  If its too expensive why dont you create gem store items people like to buy to increase revenue?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

I dunno if you ever played GW1.  The pvp was a royal rumble type of game with multiple teams and every game the best team was always 7 guardians and 1 dps.

They literally boonblobbed around and just withered people because they could not die and that was the meta.  7 guardians and 1 dps.

This game is exactly the same and wont change because they believe that is balanced its what 'wvw' is always balanced on for them.

What you should be asking for is why the population is so high on friday but the servers cant take the amount of people who want to play, but the rest of the week the servers are majority empty.  Is there a way for them to upgrade their servers so more people can play together or is it too expensive?  If its too expensive why dont you create gem store items people like to buy to increase revenue?

And people wonder why GW2 competitive viewership is so low. No one likes a fight that lasts indefinitely. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kirevey.5079 said:

They look only at numbers and how many people are playing something or not. Something like the warrior bubble nerf should not even be a thing.

If this was true ele wouldn't get nerfed in pve every patch.

2 hours ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

That's funny because this type of gameplay almost killed WoW esports in BFA and they're very scared of tanky sustain metas now.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 1

i mean i saw in like 6000 hours maybe two or three times a single anet dev in EU's Wvw... and idk if i even made it ever to the same map as they been on. (because the queues tend to skyrocket once people call it out on teamchat)

and one time we had one claiming a spawntower of red side on GBL, one thief said he killed the dev and app the dev was gone then. big gameplay there

So they nerf basically everything that is capable of dealing with Rise.... But say "Rise" is working as its intended and never going to change. What the kitten is this balance team doing!?  Guard nerfs... Why nerf DH traps and holy strikes etc when its literally the one class that actually negates your stupid kittening Rise ability and how it works???
Rise negates 50% of damage from an ENTIRE zerg, but then you go ahead and nerf the one class that can actually deal with it properly?

Play the kittening game, and stop kittening WvW in the kitten... This is hands down the WORST patch ever.. still being to apply boons in a bubble, when bubbles are the one thing that STOPS people just being able to W Key with every single boon in the kittening game is actually kitten. ANet you have 0 clue at what you're doing, start hiring  God/Godesses of WvW that ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME UNLIKE YOURSELVES TO SUGGEST YOUR BALANCE PATCHES, NOT THE 99% OF YOUR DEVS THAT DONT. OR THAT JUST GET FARMED BY US ALL CAUSE THEYRE BAD AT WVW LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:

At this point, I think Bugthesda would do a better job balancing this game, and this gamemode, than ArenaNet does.  Hell, I'd settle for my.com to unscrew the balancing of this game.

And that's saying something.

Id just let Facebook do balance patches and theyd nail it better than ANet.... Bethesda and my.com would actually have a chance at fixing something unlike these monkey kitten devs.

5 hours ago, Tiagoht.7549 said:

Grouch plays wvw quite often (in good fight guilds). But I don't know if he's part of the balance team

He used to just be a cm idk what he’s doing now. SnB dudes usually just focused on spvp and never really played WvW (maybe new ones do idk).

16 hours ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

Reading this I highly doubt you played gw1.

Firstly there was no “guardian” class. There were monks.

secondly there was no boons or boon balling. You had enchantments, which were easily strippable by many skills…and these enchantments never could target more than one person at a time.

Third, Gw1 there was no “balling” because you couldn’t stack on top of each other. You had “body blocking” which was to prevent people from passing through you and your team because collision existed in that game.

Fourth, GW1 had multiple game modes, with multiple sub game modes within each one that changed the format not just 1…RA, TA, HA, GvG, the JQ and FA…covering capture the flag, king of the hill, FFA, and a bunch of other unique variants in objectives.

Fifth, there wasn’t a single meta, there were hundreds of concurrent metas made of many comps (the game was actually diverse) nothing at all like how homogenous gw2 is.

Think it’s clear that you’ve never played Gw1 yourself..let alone PvP in it, and everything hereafter you must tread lightly on everything you say. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1