(PvP) Willbender won't be really played as long as trapper runes stills at this state

Zekent.3652

• Zekent.3652 changed the title to (PvP) Willbender won't be really played as long as trapper runes stills at this state

Nerfing this rune won't make people flock to Willbender. Let's use some common sense and deductive reasoning as to why Willbender isn't good in competitive areas. Also, let's talk about how one spec is contingent upon one rune, that's good design, huh?

Edited by Falseprophet.1502
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

It's all on tittle, DH with trapper runes eclipses WB.

You have serious L2P issues.

Trapper rune is a gimmick bad rune that gives nothing to a DH besides 2 second stealth that doesn't even work if someone triggers the trap (which is visible btw).

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Literally never said that this rune is strong or op lmao, it's just an annoying gameplay that eclipses WB even harder than not having trapper runes.

I really dont see how it eclipses WB.

Once a WB jumps on DH, the DH cant dish out enough dmg and dies.

The only advantage DH has over WB is foghting stralth classes due reveal

25 minutes ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

I really dont see how it eclipses WB.

Once a WB jumps on DH, the DH cant dish out enough dmg and dies.

The only advantage DH has over WB is foghting stralth classes due reveal

?! Have you played DH before? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

It's all on tittle, DH with trapper runes eclipses WB.

And why should Willbender be played but Firebrand not? To some FB is closer to what a Guardian should have been when they enrolled in the class, whereas, Willbender is closer to what they wanted if were interested into playing a Thief. Or an Holosmith. Or a Herald.

Plus, core Guard is still meta above DH; they just nerfed some DH skills and you're still moaning about DH. People went from stacking Vindis to stacking Mechas and now stacking Specters and you're still playing the old song of being worried about a niche meme build which fortunately, is not dead as the rooting corpse that Firebrand is in PvP.... 

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2022 at 2:43 PM, otto.5684 said:

WB is not going to be played in PvP regardless. It is a downgrade to core in PvP. 

On a sidepoint 1v1/2v2 perspective, Willbender currently out damages and out heals (self heal) a Core guard now that we have a 90%+ crit (pretty much at all times) and our buffs to F2. Also, Reversal of Fortune heals better than Shelter or Litany in 1v1/2v2.

• WB has more burst potentials with F1 (approx 5k to 7.5k with all damage mods up), F3 (crit for 2k -4k)
  • Offhand sword#4 is basically a melee Trueshot when it lands
  • Same for Whirling Light (if you're able to land the first hit, you'll get the AoE effect on the same target)

The truth of the matter is currently, Willbender will > Core Guard 99% of the time when it comes to sheer numbers. It's going to be very match specific as to whether a team would want WB over Herald for that melee burst potential.... Me personally, if our F1, Off-Hand Sword#4, and Physical utilities weren't so darn sluggish we'd be a solid 5th pick but we just aren't there yet. But if anyone is able pull a Plat1 rank on Core guard in sPvP then they will do the same on Willbender. Willbender is NOT a 1vX kind of class compared to Trap trolling DH and a lot of Guards will struggle with that concept.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
meant f3 not f2 typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

On a sidepoint 1v1/2v2 perspective, Willbender currently out damages and out heals (self heal) a Core guard now that we have a 90%+ crit (pretty much at all times) and our buffs to F2. Also, Reversal of Fortune heals better than Shelter or Litany in 1v1/2v2.

• WB has more burst potentials with F1 (approx 5k to 7.5k with all damage mods up), F3 (crit for 2k -4k)
  • Same for Whirling Light (if you're able to land the first hit, you'll get the AoE effect on the same target)

The truth of the matter is currently, Willbender will > Core Guard 99% of the time when it comes to sheer numbers. It's going to be very match specific as to whether a team would want WB over Herald for that melee burst potential.... Me personally, if our F1, Off-Hand Sword#4, and Physical utilities weren't so darn sluggish we'd be a solid 5th pick but we just aren't there yet. But if anyone is able pull a Plat1 rank on Core guard in sPvP then they will do the same on Willbender. Willbender is NOT a 1vX kind of class compared to Trap trolling DH and a lot of Guards will struggle with that concept.

Can you maybe share your pvp build? Thanks in advance 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Watch Boyce play DH with trapper runes then, maybe you will L2P.

i WATCHED IT. I play DH with trapper runes and thats why i know its gimmicks and limitations.

Also, Boyce is waaay better than you and me. Im not here to compare with pro players. Im talking about the average WvW roamer, which is where we should base all our assumptions because pro players can make miracle happens with any build;

The main advantage of Trapper DH and DH in general is the versatilty of encounters. If enemies stay at range, you can trade confortably with Spear + True Shot. If they jump in you have your traps. But there lies the issue. An average smart player will now how to dodge and expect the spear when walking over your trap. After they dodge it and you miss your spear you are pretty much DONE. You can't trade in melee and if he keeps spawning traps you just keep jumping right over it and dodging or blocking, denying the Trapper rune effect and completely disabling Trapper DH.

Im having a better success rate with Trapper DH with Celestials. a hybrid that mainly spears but without pulling, while also carrying sword and torch for burst burning if they ever come to melee range. Im having waaay more sucess than pure glasscanon because i have more margin for error. A failed Spear puts me in danger, but its not the end unlike the Berserker/Marauder DH

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/30/2022 at 10:40 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

I hope it is as good as you say. I am not seeing how. If F2, OH 4 and WL cannot reliably hit, that is basically all what WB offers. And damage potential is not what determines burst in pvp; the reliability does. 

And as a side noder, with exception of mesmer and necro (maybe ele) every other class has builds that are better, or far better, side noder/decapper.