So now that coffee research notes got nerfed...

I guess they'll just keep periodically removing everything till notes are a gold each or more. I guess they didn't think the system through very well. I assumed they made it in the first place to raise value of worthless items and ones with bugged price tags.

• Like 2

One by one, they'll remove every option until there will be none left. Then, the Research Notes will fall into oblivion, then, the prices of all craftings items using them will rise up...Maybe I should hoard my Jade Tech weapons, wait till the prices keep raising then boom! Sell them at 50g each!

I just don't understand the intentions behind this feature. If you want it to cost a certain amount per salvage then just make research notes purchasable for the price you want them to be. Obviously people are going to want to find the cheapest possible way to get them; you can't just keep nerfing each cheapest option every patch forever. 

Edited by kettering.6823
typo
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, kettering.6823 said:

I just don't understand the intentions behind this feature. If you want it to cost a certain amount per salvage then just make research notes purchasable for the price you want them to be. Obviously people are going to want to find the cheapest possible way to get them; you can't just keep nerfing each cheapest option every patch forever. 

I think the intention behind the feature is to
1) Remove higher end crafting items from the market
and
2) Make it so crafting is worth doing again and thus removing materials from the market.

The issue is (and new drop rates may have changed this) it is pointless actually doing that because of cost.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kettering.6823 said:

ArenaNet: "We can't? Hold my beer"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1