Post your thoughts on Profession changes here

Legend of Rogue.5394

RIP Rip Warrior : Good luck being useful again.

Guardian: Still the Boon King Meta

Seriously what do we even play anymore? Its still Boon Zergs and Boon stripping, condi is useless to play as it gets torn down in seconds, Melee is a joke. Like can anyone actually tell what the devs are wanting us to do? Im actually stumped

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Did not nerf Firebrand enough, and killed off Warriors in WvW.

The Catalyst changes also make it feel like you are using two different weapons when you use the Hammer in PvE or WvW/PvP.  They really need to standardise orb duration and sphere cooldown.  Having the orbs last twice as long in PvE makes it very hard to properly play both WvW and PvE.  Well, Catalyst is still junk in WvW, so maybe it does not matter...

Also, they did not buff Spectacular Sphere to make up for the massive nerf the sphere change gave it, and did nothing to the other horrible traits to make them sustainable😞

Edited by Avatara.1042

Spellbreaker was in graveyard for a long time in PvE, was struggling to be alive in PvP. Today, anet picked a shotgun to pulled the trigger from the close range. The only identity of sb was removed officially. Hammer got buffed, who cares, doing cpr to corpse wont make him alive unfortunately. 

Today I was expecting big changes in BsW. Disappointed. Gunsaber cds change is a joke. We asked to increase cds and also increase its damage. Anet chose the opposite direction and decrease cds. Bladesworn need immediate burst attack after entering combat. Now it has worse rampup time and worse than any condi classes. Otherwise bsw will not be chosen over power berserker. 

(My main is mesmer btw.) Virtuoso changes are good. But I'm not giving up mirage in wvw and pvp. Because mirage has better sustain even it has 1 dodge. I'm happy about gs changes most. Zerking with power gs mirage from long range in wvw was fun. Now I will enjoy much more. 

Necromancer's nerf was necessary. They were hitting like a truck. I need to duel with a good harbinger player to test. 

I'm happy about elementalist changes. I dont know how much difference will be in benchmarks but finally eles got something satisfying. 

I dont know too much about guardian.

Untamed still has no improvements no changes, disappointing.

About scrapper nerf, yes, anet is right about scrapper which was the top support class in wvw and will be as always. I think it wont effect too much. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Good changes in the Willbender, but won't replace core support guard in PvP; also find weird the nerfts to Firebrand: has been deleted from PvP for over a year and half now...   I known that is meta in instanced PvE, but at OW there are way better choices than FB, no need for further nerfs.

Nice changes in the Revenant: two nerfs in a row for Jalis (which aside WvW zergs and some roaming is barely used) in the way to make the legend almost as bad as Mallyx, Ventari and Kalla. Still anyone will run it and either Herald or Renegade over Vindicator, so please nerf it more, because I don't care!

Not familiar enough with the other builds to judge the changes, but at least they are now following closer the game balance. To be honest not much representation of the new specs in PvP: older specs are in general still better, which is fine to me.

1 hour ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Spellbreaker was in graveyard for a long time in PvE, was struggling to be alive in PvP. Today, anet picked a shotgun to pulled the trigger from the close range. The only identity of sb was removed officially. Hammer got buffed, who cares, doing cpr to corpse wont make him alive unfortunately. 

This analogy is everything ☠️.

The shout buffs are not gonna do anything to WvW warriors.

The hammer changes are laughable and definitely not gonna do anything for making the warrior meta again. 

I'm really curious how much of the dev team actually plays WvW or if they even pay attention to the actual game play that happens in that mode. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inguz.6493 said:

Time to go ham with my warrior I guess. Hopefully it can perform well enough that it's now underperforming in conquest. If nothing else, there's the meme factor

Bladesworn is going to be meta very likely in sPvP after the buffs. It was very close to be meta even pre-patch that even top players expected shout healing nerfed. Instead it got buffed, so I guess we all know what that means.

• Like 1

Quote: "And of course it wouldn't quite feel like a balance update without an enhancement to the necromancer's axe."

Thought: "Woah! That's so 2015, all of a sudden I feel younger!" And then "Wait! Did I somehow missed a buff to shatterstone on the elementalist's notes?"

1 hour ago, myun.6395 said:

Bladesworn is going to be meta very likely in sPvP after the buffs. It was very close to be meta even pre-patch that even top players expected shout healing nerfed. Instead it got buffed, so I guess we all know what that means.

I will have to check out shout, never tried. I've never been a fan of Spellbreaker, so berserker glass cannon is more my style lol. Gunsaber I need to play more. Fun, but I don't feel I have a proper sense for how to play it yet. I'll just try shout hammer and see how it goes 😅

On the other hand, I found playing pistol+dagger/staff Harbinger as support to be very fun. Admittedly I'm mid tier scrub, but I still don't quite understand what people are complaining about. Twisted Medicine talent just feels so impactful if there's enough targets, and plenty to assist with (both offensive and defensive support). IDK, seems to have respectable damage for a support build to me, and like Elixir of Ambition feels really impactful when I give all boons to team mates for 6s (in addition to the condis of course)

I am just really surprised that they dont touch Mechanist sustain. instead every nerf seems to focus on the mech, when in reality the problem is in the sustain of the mechanist. Sustain is high enough to stall most builds, while the mech is winning the fight for you. But i think the problem here is not the mech.

Also alot of the nefs seem to only focus on the poweraspect of the builds. For example Harbinger. Powercoefficients got nerfed heavily, while the Condidamage aspects are untouched...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

The wvw devs are either totally disconnected from the game (see warrior destruction and the reasoning for it, axe buff for scourge, the no-nerf for firebrand xd, the though that offhand dagger could be somewhat viable compared to focus and so on) or they are acting on a higher plane of existence than everyone else... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Warrior here; I thought the changes were net good. Before you freak out and overreact, let me explain;

Hammer buff is cool; still won’t use it, but more damage makes it less bad.

Bladesworn nerf to Unyielding was appropriate, a measured response that targeted a key problem without slaughtering the core class. 
Shout buff good.

now for the elephant in the room; Winds of Disenchantment. I like this change in isolation, but not when seen in the context of the state of spellbreaker. The problems with spell breaker are a lot more than WOD being nerfed, and a class that is dependent on one skill is not much of a class. Spell needs help across the rest of its kit. If Spell’s kit was strong right now, then there would be less complaint (still complaint, but less). The problem is not the WOD nerf, but the rest of the class. 
The WOD change is actually not horrible, though it probably should have reduced boon durations by 50% rather than 33%, but it’s still a useful skill. 

17 hours ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Thief went untouched. It's nice dodging unnecessary nerfs. It sucks missing some of the buffs others got

You spoke too soon. 🙃 

Only a matter of time until Scepter get their initiative costs increased to the heavens like the rest of the thief skills.

/gg

On 3/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

RIP Rip Warrior : Good luck being useful again.

Guardian: Still the Boon King Meta

Seriously what do we even play anymore? Its still Boon Zergs and Boon stripping, condi is useless to play as it gets torn down in seconds, Melee is a joke. Like can anyone actually tell what the devs are wanting us to do? Im actually stumped

holy kitten i hate that all classes are condi and you can't play dps or mele i feel like uninstalling the game my play style doesn't suit anything they added it just sucks. 

spectre and mechanist nerfs good.

Mechanist is still insanely overtuned tho. Especially in WvW smallscale. There is a Celestial/Divinier-Grenade Build that is literally unkillable, winning 1v3 on a regular basis. It is without a doubt the strongest build roaming around in WvW since they took away the second dodgeroll from Mirage.

i have 4 buddys i play with on a regular. We like to duell alot. The fights were always even and outcome was dictated by who played it better. Since my Brother is using this Cele/diviner-Grenade-Mechanist he can kill us all together. He is winning duells 1v3 against us when it was fair 1v1 fights pre EoD.....  Let that sink in....     Not many people are running this build yet, but those that do are raidbosses. The sustain of Mechanist is 100% to much. Taking away some of the alacrity helps to find windows between his cooldowns where he doesnt have stabi.... but that change sadly didnt make it into WvW :C

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/31/2022 at 12:23 PM, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Better give me a strong buff for that nerf buddy. Cuz thats pretty much half of thiefs kit. Otherwise, shove off.

They could buff reveal on hit duration from 3 second to 5 seconds 😁. I'm sure in the devs' view this could count as a buff since there are traits that take advantage of reveal.