Are bots still rampant in pvp?

57 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

90% of the times you hear about bots in PvP it refers to either bad players or the word "bot" being use as a slur against other players. So not quite "rampant" as you say.

This. 

I rarely see actual bots. (EU - gold). Cant keep count of the times ive been accused of being a bot. Maybe im just a bad player ok 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In Gold 2/3 on US they don't seem to really exist anymore since the primary bot provider stopped supporting GW2, before a lot of bots made it to like Gold 2 running Burn Guard or Core Necro and just having it camp mid node.

But hey won't prevent people from finding something else to justify their losses (besides their own play).

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

In Gold 2/3 on US they don't seem to really exist anymore since the primary bot provider stopped supporting GW2, before a lot of bots made it to like Gold 2 running Burn Guard or Core Necro and just having it camp mid node.

So that's the case why bots plague stopped. Seems correct as all disappeared in one time, if those were only bans, then those bots should appear sometimes, but they won't.

25 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

But hey won't prevent people from finding something else to justify their losses (besides their own play).

And about some angry players, I wonder why some of them rudely discourage others to play ranked as this would be some elite mode, which is not, there are ranks for everybody. If I'm not missing something - then silver rank is meaningless, win or lose basically doesn't matter on that level, a tiny bit harder with gold, but still very easy to get there. So I just don't get why anybody would complain on "weak" players while being in lower class rank. Losing match just gives a bit less rewards' points. If someone wants high rank, then he will leaves weak behind, if he can't then he is also weak, so no right to complain.

7 hours ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

And about some angry players, I wonder why some of them rudely discourage others to play ranked as this would be some elite mode, which is not, there are ranks for everybody. If I'm not missing something - then silver rank is meaningless, win or lose basically doesn't matter on that level, a tiny bit harder with gold, but still very easy to get there. So I just don't get why anybody would complain on "weak" players while being in lower class rank. Losing match just gives a bit less rewards' points. If someone wants high rank, then he will leaves weak behind, if he can't then he is also weak, so no right to complain.

The PvP playerbase in this game is a snake eating its own tail.

Conquest is already a niche thing. The gameplay is solid but it needs a pretty large population for the matchmaking to work as the game is very knowledge based and fairly skilled based.

But at the same time a lot of people attracted to it are... less than functional socially, or at the very least drop any kind of filter as soon as they're in an anonymous situation.

So you have a game mode heavily relying on a large population while at the same time attracting individuals who are going to turn the average person off from it very quickly. It doesn't really work and it seemingly only got worse in the past couple years despite the game's growth (as per announced in a post from Grouch not too long ago).

So ranked only feels "playable" right now during prime time cause its the only time where there's enough people playing it for the matchmaker to work. And that's not even a guarantee.

Its pretty sad cause gameplay/design wise the potential is there :/.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 3