It's NOT OK to Hard-Lock skins behind BL Chest RNG !!

9 hours ago, SexyMofo.8923 said:

I got it from a map completion key. I don’t even want it. 

By any chance, would you please try to talk with support and transfer the skin to my account? 😇 That would make me very, Very happy if succeed, since in ~10 years of my daily gameplay and community efforts, my loots are still... ridiculous. Just for the "Why Not?".

But anyway, it's still a gamble game.... and a dirty, frustrating one.
Why just can't sell things straight?! Mount Licenses are kind of good examples. 
Gamble from pool for less, or go straight on desired for more.   If balanced right, it's totally acceptable.
... Not like exclusive RNG drops....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

well there was one time that I opened 50 Black lion chests and didn't get the feature item, so I used statuetts and bought golden keys.  My first gold key got me the feature item.  I don't know if gold key skew the drop rates, just that they guarantee a uncommon or higher item.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The CS Team can't transfer unlocked skins; they don't have the ability to 'lock' a skin that has been unlocked.  So, no use asking the CS Team to transfer an unlocked item. 

Yeah I've asked support about similar things in the past and they've always said they can't.

Even when I got an 80g mini pet for about 2s due to a TP bug (the seller clicked the sell button before the page had fully loaded so it sold to the highest bidder for vendor price) they said they couldn't take the gold from my account and give it to the seller. That one wouldn't have affected the wardrobe but apparently they can't make changes like that to a players account.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Gladiotor.7561 said:

They should just remove RNG rewards from games altogether. As a Belgian i cant purchase black lion keys (anti lootbox law) and this is a good thing. I think the Netherlands have a similar law. 

The more countries adopt this law the sooner we can ban these practises. Why is it ok to gamble? 

Now this is a law we should get behind, only problem is they are stepping on a multi-billion dollar industry. The worst really are the stories of children gambling but because of "Loop holes" companies can get away with it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, yann.1946 said:

That seems like a little extreme. Rng rewards are a good way to introduce excitement to the lootpool. How does someone feel when they get a rare drop for example. 

Oh it's so exciting swiping your credit card and getting nothing of value 95% of the time 🙄

I'm pretty sure it's less than 5% win rate too. That would mean one time in twenty you get a prize, I have personal experience getting Jack kitten after 50+ keys.

The "Prize" in the chest is probably somewhere between the 1-3% range, and I'm sure they manipulate those percentages if their quarterly earnings are lower than they'd like. I heard the Star Cape thing was particularly bad, many people used over 100 keys before they got it, I really think they manipulated the kitten out of that one.

Edited by Esquilax.3491
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

As long as people invest money, nothing will change. I can imagine that BLK are one of the more lucrative sources of income for anet.
I know some people who buy keys every month and I don't want to know how many addicts there are in GW2 who finance the game in a big way.

I personally have really bad luck with BLK. I can remember when I wanted the Golden Zephyr Backpiece and I have farmed forever and in the end i got sooo~ many keys from friends as presents.
I have opened a total of over 200 keys for the backback. While a friend got it after 2 keys, days later ...
The same with the jackal skin, 115 keys, while a friend got the back at the 12. After that I also have a friend who buys Key, every time something new comes and he has so much luck and gets all the rare skins everytime. He got so much mount-skins trough this, which he even does not like xx.
I personally gave up. I do my weekyl lvl 10 key run and thats it. I don't even hope for keys when i do map completion, because my rate there is really low. The last time i did this i got 10 transmutes and 1 key. And i hate map-completion, so not worth it for me.

Meanwhile, there are now at least the statues with which you can get skins later. Wish they would have been there back then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Esquilax.3491 said:

The argument I was replying to had nothing to do with it being easy or not. They said its "exciting". It's the exact opposite of exciting 95% + of the time.

Maybe try comprehension.

Two separate paragraphs. The first was a response to the comment about excitement. If it isn't exciting for you...don't do it. The second paragraph, very clearly structured as a separate paragraph, described the relative difficulty between using one's credit card and not doing so. Might want to try some of that comprehension yourself. Where I am from the use of paragraphs was taught in grade school.

As to whether or not it is exciting....without the failure chance it is not gambling. No excitement for gamblers. Personally I dislike the entire thing, and have posted to that effect many times, but then I do not, usually, enjoy the thrill of gambling. These exist for those who do enjoy the gamble. For those who do find excitement in the roll of the dice. Anyone who does not doing themselves a disservice by participating.

I dislike eating fish. I know that I dislike fish. It would be foolish for me to keep paying for fish while complaining that I did not get a meal that I enjoy.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Esquilax.3491 said:

Oh it's so exciting swiping your credit card and getting nothing of value 95% of the time 🙄

I'm pretty sure it's less than 5% win rate too. That would mean one time in twenty you get a prize, I have personal experience getting Jack kitten after 50+ keys.

The "Prize" in the chest is probably somewhere between the 1-3% range, and I'm sure they manipulate those percentages if their quarterly earnings are lower than they'd like. I heard the Star Cape thing was particularly bad, many people used over 100 keys before they got it, I really think they manipulated the kitten out of that one.

Notice how the person I responded to said remove all rng rewards. That includes non gem bases rewards. Like the chack eggs sack, the jade throne etc. 

Now please actually address the point I made, and not just gemstore items. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty mad about this one as well.

I spent both real money, and most of my gold and blew my entire stockpile of black lion keys trying to get this skin.

The fact that I didn't get it isn't what has angered me so much about this.
But not a single key in the entire horde I used give me an additional reward.. not a single one in over 30 keys!!.
So I used the pile of statuettes I got from all the chests and got a single golden key, my last ditch effort... and I got a black lion claim ticket >.<
Literally the worst reward in the entire uncommon and rare pile... 

I have never had RNG so bad that I failed to get a rare reward in a black lion chest in so many normal keys before.
I can accept the gamble, I can accept not getting the reward I really wanted and I have defended black lions chests many many times over the years as well.

But not a single bonus reward in over 30 keys?! 
Yeah that's straight up BS and I suspect something is really off with these chests right now.. be that rates or some kind of bug or something.
(considering the hilarious longcat bug and the fact Anet straight up broke Skyscale lately without even touching it I'd say a unknown bug is a high probability XD)
If it is just bad luck then considering how many people have tried and failed to get this new skin then it's miraculously bad luck on a massive scale.. and I find that very hard to believe tbh when the chests have previously been a lot fairer.

I've not even seen another player with this new skiff skin.. RNG or not there are usually a bunch of players running around with a new chest locked skin on the same day it is added.
But this one? no not a single player I have seen with it.. and that is very unusual.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I got a bad feeling that this stuff (including the now ever-present highlighted BL icon) is what is actually keeping NCSoft funding further development for GW2. If it wasn't for this, NCSoft might have just dropped GW2 altogether for their grindy kitten korean titles.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Hm, I guess my luck is just good (well, sort of). I used about 15 keys that I had saved up (I also have 2 gold keys that I decided not to use yet) simply because I needed statuettes for the Vermillion Throne. In the process, I ended up with the skiff skin which I wasn't even going for.

https://imgur.com/a/4QPQBuh

Still got 11 keys and the 2 gold keys left.

Edited by jcH.7109
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I spent both real money, and most of my gold and blew my entire stockpile of black lion keys trying to get this skin.

But not a single key in the entire horde I used give me an additional reward.. not a single one in over 30 keys!!.
So I used the pile of statuettes I got from all the chests and got a single golden key, my last ditch effort... and I got a black lion claim ticket >.<

I have never had RNG so bad that I failed to get a rare reward in a black lion chest in so many normal keys before.
I can accept the gamble, I can accept not getting the reward I really wanted and I have defended black lions chests many many times over the years as well.

Yeah that's straight up BS and I suspect something is really off with these chests right now.. be that rates or some kind of bug or something.
(considering the hilarious longcat bug and the fact Anet straight up broke Skyscale lately without even touching it I'd say a unknown bug is a high probability XD)
If it is just bad luck then considering how many people have tried and failed to get this new skin then it's miraculously bad luck on a massive scale.. and I find that very hard to believe tbh when the chests have previously been a lot fairer.

I've not even seen another player with this new skiff skin.. RNG or not there are usually a bunch of players running around with a new chest locked skin on the same day it is added.
But this one? no not a single player I have seen with it.. and that is very unusual.

Sorry to be the odd one out, but I got the Skiff skin and the red Sword skin with 8 or 9 keys (red Sword after 3 or 4, and stopped when I got the Skiff skin).  I've also seen the new Skiff skin on other skiffs; but, the lack of that particular skiff skin showing up may be due to the fact that you can't see past the sails when moving.  That's why I took it back off.

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Sorry to be the odd one out, but I got the Skiff skin and the red Sword skin with 8 or 9 keys (red Sword after 3 or 4, and stopped when I got the Skiff skin).  I've also seen the new Skiff skin on other skiffs; but, the lack of that particular skiff skin showing up may be due to the fact that you can't see past the sails when moving.  That's why I took it back off.

Glad you had better luck than me, shame about the sails though that's unfortunate.

I'm not mad that I didn't get the skin though, just the atrocious luck on the rarer items which has never happened to me before.
Usually when I use that many keys I get at least 2-3 rare items from chests.. but this time I got nothing of value at all.
That's what has made this feel like a catastrophic waste tbh.

I accept the gamble and had I got a couple of rare items i'd be more accepting of loosing the odds, even without the skin I wanted.
But getting nothing of value from the chests at all really makes this feel like a waste.

Thankfully it's mostly gold that was lost and that can be made back over time.

• Confused 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:43 PM, Teratus.2859 said:

All the BL-skins will come eventually in the rota~. So don't waste your'e statues on the golden key's, they are just an rng-fest as the normal ones, but way pricy'er.
Sure, you have to wait and be patient this way, but better wait for it, than waste the statues and get nothing.

Also, 30keys are not that much and i don't think its bugged. I personally don't see skifs that often in general. And the drop is really new.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639