New Ranger Pets

Hello, everyone

I'd like to ask everyone's opinions about the four new ranger pets from EoD - how do they compare with those previously available?

I've read that in the original (before the expansions) game, the pet with the highest DPS was the jaguar; with HoT the tiger was the best. When PoF was released, I understand that the jacaranda is considered the best pet.

Is this still the case or are any of the new pets better?

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm not an expert on this (in spite of my main character being a ranger) but I doubt any of them beat the previous pets for DPS. I think the white tiger probably has the best DPS of the 4 but I doubt it beats the HoT tiger, except maybe in situations where the teleport makes a difference.

But I also don't think pets are exclusively about DPS. It depends on your build and what you're doing of course, but they can contribute a lot of other things. For example the siege turtle is (of course) a ranged tank. I've not spent much time using it yet, but I think it could be useful for situations where a bit more defence or control is beneficial (especially with untamed or soulbeast where you can have direct control over more of the skills).

• Like 2

From dps perspective I doubt any of them will outperform Jaguar/Tiger/Jacaranda for power builds. Lynx likely still has the highest dps of all pets in condi spec.
You could always go test em out on the raid lobby golem, might actually do this myself just to compare em a bit.

However, as Danikat pointed out what's best depends on the situation and your preferences. Eg. while I use Lynx in my condi spec for dps, I prefer Murellow when playing solo since Lynx is way too squishy to tank tougher mobs or groups.

• Like 1