Progressing gear and character after boost

Hallo,

I just started gathering hero points on my new Rev, Kinda annyoing to do all the exploration again is there something that can help from the other characters? I allready leveled though HoT und PoF on a Thief which I abondoned about 6 or 7 Months ago, didn't like it in PvP.

Back to GW2 and boosted rev. I do the Winterberry and Mist Mote farm for trinkets, backpack and Lorells for amulet. The Idea is to build a condi renegade as a first spec then acquiere Power set.

Can I use the ascended Trinkets, Amulet, or backpack from my Thief to help progress revenant? The thief also has a few crafted ascended pieces of armor, can I use them to help the rev, or do I keep them on the thief in case i change my mind and wanna play him later what do  you guys think?

I remember on the strikemissions there are chests at the end that I couldn't open, do I need to level the icebrood saga masteries for that, is there a strategy how to handle this?

I do have Winterberries and Mist Notes but lack the Magic equivalent, is there a fast way to acquiere these or should I just relax and farm them chill?

From the Masteries especially those before HoT and PoF and excluding EoD, are there some that I should Focus on leveling up?

Which SPVP and WVW Tracks are good for acquiering either gold or help gear my character?

Thank you guys your help is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, wusekwurz.9712 said:

Can I use the ascended Trinkets, Amulet, or backpack from my Thief to help progress revenant? The thief also has a few crafted ascended pieces of armor, can I use them to help the rev, or do I keep them on the thief in case i change my mind and wanna play him later what do  you guys think?

You can transfer ascended equipment between characters on your account freely. The Revenant won't be able to wear the Thief's armor because Revenant wears heavy and Thief wears medium, but no such distinction exists for backpacks, amulets, rings, and accessories.

• Like 3

PoF Masteries:  Concentrate on getting ALL mounts trained to level 3 before spending mastery points training level 4 on any of them.  There is a secret to training PoF Masteries:  Each of the 4 core mounts has small collection achievement, starting with Reins of the Raptor for Raptor, that will unlock the ability to buy a treat for your mount from a heart vendor.  Consuming one of those treats while mounted on the corresponding mount will grant you a bunch of XP for training up your mount.  IIRC, it is 5% of the experience for your mastery.  I think you have to consume the treats in the PoF maps, but, that is an easy 20% mastery track completion every day and takes maybe a minute to do, once you have the treats.

HoT Masteries:  Gliding 1, then Itzel Lore 1, then work on Gliding 2, Itzel lore 2, and Exalted lore 1 and 2.  Nuhoch Lore 3 is really important for getting around Tangled Depths fast, and you need Nuhoch 2 to use the vendors anyway.

IBS Strike Chests:  Yes, you do have to train up several of the IBS masteries to be able to open all of the chests.  Really the only shortcut here is making sure you have a guild XP booster and are always running some sort of food and utility for the XP boost.

Season 3 Unbound Magic:  Excess map currencies - Winterberries, Bloodstone Rubies, Petrified Logs, Jade Shards, Fire Orchid Blossoms, and Orrian Pearls - can be consumed for Unbound Magic.  There are also harvesting tools available that will give you unbound magic for everything you harvest.

Season 4 Volatile Magice:  Similar to Season 3, excess Season 4 map currencies - Kralkatite Ore, Diflourite Crystals, Inscribed Shards, Lumps of Mistonium, Branded Masses, and Mistborn Motes can be consumed for Volatile Magic.  There are harvesting tools - including ones available at certain heart vendors for karma - that will grant you extra Volatile Magic while harvesting nodes.

IBS Map currencies are not consumable for either Unbound Magic or Volatile Magic, but can be traded to a vendor for Season 3 and/or Season 4 map currencies.

PvP and WvW reward tracks:  WvW has a repeatable Triumphant Armor Reward track that will give a box with a single level 80 Exotic Stat-selectable armor piece every time you complete it.  I think there is a similar PvP reward track, but I forget what it is called.

20 hours ago, wusekwurz.9712 said:

Hallo,

I just started gathering hero points on my new Rev, Kinda annyoing to do all the exploration again is there something that can help from the other characters? 

Yes. You can buy 'Testimony of Heroics' from 'Heroic Vendor' in 'Eternal Battlegrounds' in World vs World

I allready leveled though HoT und PoF on a Thief which I abondoned about 6 or 7 Months ago, didn't like it in PvP.

Back to GW2 and boosted rev. I do the Winterberry and Mist Mote farm for trinkets, backpack and Lorells for amulet. The Idea is to build a condi renegade as a first spec then acquiere Power set.

All trinkets that are account bound can be used on any class, regardless of spec, armor type or stat. Usualy for PvE Power sets are mainly Berserker and Marauder. Both can be used with ALL classes that focus on Power damage

I remember on the strikemissions there are chests at the end that I couldn't open, do I need to level the icebrood saga masteries for that, is there a strategy how to handle this?

do the daily and weekly strikes from Icebrood Saga

I do have Winterberries and Mist Notes but lack the Magic equivalent, is there a fast way to acquiere these or should I just relax and farm them chill?

A fast way is simply eat the Winterberries and keep farming more and eating until you have both requirements

From the Masteries especially those before HoT and PoF and excluding EoD, are there some that I should Focus on leveling up?

The most important ones are:

-Auto loot

-All fractals (if you plan to do Fractals)

Which SPVP and WVW Tracks are good for acquiering either gold or help gear my character?

Depends:

1) If you want (or is working on) a legendary amulet or trinket in the future: deal each Living world season 3 and 4 reward tracks once and choose the equipment item.

2) Gift of Battle in WvW, a common item used in almost all legendaries

The gold mainly comes from Mystic coins.

Thank you guys your help is appreciated.

Glad to help

Thanks for every answer all of them are helpful for me.

16 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

IBS Strike Chests:  Yes, you do have to train up several of the IBS masteries to be able to open all of the chests.  Really the only shortcut here is making sure you have a guild XP booster and are always running some sort of food and utility for the XP boost.

Is Tier 1 for those enough?

13 hours ago, wusekwurz.9712 said:

Thanks for every answer all of them are helpful for me.

Is Tier 1 for those enough?

I'm not sure.  Tier 1 for each of the Essence Manipulation mastery tracks (Valor, Resilience, Vigilance) allow you to open the small chests, but you need Tier 2 to open the medium and large chests.  Without tier 2, you might end up only being able to open some of the chests.

• Like 1