7 years of Guardians and Necros being OP and now are still?

Shieldbash.5304

31 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Well, I don't remember a time where Necro and Guardian were not meta, so yeah. Maybe very early years that I was not playing? But pretty sure core guardian and necro have always been good.

And about all of HoT. Dh never had a place in the competitive scene. 

2 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

And about all of HoT. Dh never had a place in the competitive scene. 

Hmm, IDK. in WvW DH always seemed good enough. It has good access to unblockable and ground effects to be useable in zergs, and it was good in pvp for a while, until it was nerfed. But it made a come back after utilization of trapper runes. Trapper DH is still very good in pvp. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

Hmm, IDK. in WvW DH always seemed good enough. It has good access to unblockable and ground effects to be useable in zergs, and it was good in pvp for a while, until it was nerfed. But it made a come back after utilization of trapper runes. Trapper DH is still very good in pvp. 

This is the pvp forum. And the only dh build that has ever been good competitively is the burn version. 

13 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Yeah, I too remember dh being meta all of HoT. And druid being bottom tier. Oh wait

Good thing they keep it as is and don't even mention  druid anymore when addressing support builds. 

Important to make core warrior support up to par though. What is druid? Might as well rename it to Ancient Seeds because that's about the only thing keeping it alive. None of that "pure healer" thing they advertised it as.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Pretty sure rev is the only class that has been meta in every major tournament since 2015, when it came out

It was pretty dead the first few months of PoF but that was only time it wasn't competitive. Thief on other hand only fell out during early HoT including all of core.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

This has to be the most complicated and longwinded way of saying "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I've read in a good while.

Except everything he said is true. Guardian and necro are overpowered since i remember, meanwhile rangers got... Untamed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

First several MAT's of new expansion don't count? If not, weird metric to consider since special tourneys are so rare and sporadic and often completely miss entire metas.

Yeah I didn't count mATs in my statement. But yeah rev got kitten by Renegade being garb for a time.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

51 minutes ago, Valisha.8650 said:

Except everything he said is true. Guardian and necro are overpowered since i remember, meanwhile rangers got... Untamed.

"Since I remember"... so you don't. I suspect it's because you can't, saying rangers only got untamed suggests to me that you started playing the game after druid got toned down. Because it was an absolute monster for years.
So as someone who's here since the betas: OP-s statement is just obectively false. Necro was out of the meta several times, guardian was barely holding on for several metas aswell. So OP could have made a valid complaint, but instead he(yes I'm assuming) went and overexaggerated it into a falsehood.

• Thanks 3