Dusk / Dawn Fishing - Increase the drop rate

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one stuggling on those ascalonian fishes !

I takes some times before dusk/dawn to "load" the fishing strength, get every possible buff, and get nothing...

The dusk/dawn fishes should have a better drop percentage than the other legendaries, as the dusk/dawn time window is already a difficulty : getting enough fishing power, trying to optimize the nodes to get as much as possible...

Still, I disagree on the mobs problems : it's part of the game to be attacked by mobs. You just have to jump off your boat, kill them, then jump back on your boat.

I really think i'll give up on ascalonian fishes success... It's really frustrating

• Haha 1

I have experienced the same problems with the drop rates with the ascalonian fishes as well as maps closing down and being forced to change maps and losing the party buffs.  Could Diminishing Returns be the underlying factor that we are receiving less than the desired catch. Are we being penalized for overfishing? You need that party buff of 99 to catch some of those fish.  Why have the party buff if it is actually working against you for over fishing for the achievement?

• Increased the drop rate of regional fish of exotic, ascended, and legendary rarity that are only available during dusk and dawn.  NOT TRUE, U JUST TROLLING US...
  • Increased the drop rate of regional fish of exotic rarity that are only available during day or night.  DROP RATE SAME THAN FIRST OF PATCH....
  • Increased the drop rate of fish from the Saltwater Fisher collection when fishing from open water and from nodes named Saltwater Fish. FAULSE... FROM SALTWATER NODE, NEVER DROPPED SALTWATER FISHES COLLECTION... 

I'd like to know, why u arenet trolling us... I spend 80 Euro for this really bugged  expantion.... No comment.... See u around

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Froise.9207 said:
  • Increased the drop rate of regional fish of exotic, ascended, and legendary rarity that are only available during dusk and dawn.  NOT TRUE, U JUST TROLLING US...
  • Increased the drop rate of regional fish of exotic rarity that are only available during day or night.  DROP RATE SAME THAN FIRST OF PATCH....
  • Increased the drop rate of fish from the Saltwater Fisher collection when fishing from open water and from nodes named Saltwater Fish. FAULSE... FROM SALTWATER NODE, NEVER DROPPED SALTWATER FISHES COLLECTION... 

I'd like to know, why u arenet trolling us... I spend 80 Euro for this really bugged  expantion.... No comment.... See u around

I don't know about the first 2 points because I didn't test them, but you're wrong on the 3rd point about saltwater fishes. 

I went to Sparkfly Fen today post patch and I mostly found saltwater fishes from holes, so many that I was able to find the last 2 I was missing in 30 min. It is definitely a huge buff, thanks Anet!

Edited by Zaraki.5784
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Derkojote.1957 said:

Spent two days coming and hitting the Chanel Fishing holes every Dusk to dawn. TWO DAYS can't count the number of casts or baits or lures to get a Taimen and have not got it. Id this fish bugged? it the info on wiki wrong? or what?

Do you mean dusk and dawn? Because dusk to dawn = night-time. If you try to catch dusk/dawn fish thru the whole night most of that time is wasted effort. Both dusk and dawn last 5 min in real time and that's your chance to catch the taimen. See: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Day_and_night#Day-night_cycle

• Thanks 1

Strange things happen.

Just caught the Muskelunge (dusk/dawn Ascalonian lake fish) in Grothmar Valley, so i quickly swap to fish eggs in order to also catch that succulent Golden Trout before night falls... but i only get 2 Rainbow Trouts in a row, which are DAYTIME fishes, and love fish eggs too! 

Well, this doesn't help a lot if you get daytime fish during confirmed dusk, especially when both fishes prefer the same bait 😄 

I'm still having issues with this dusk/dawn cycle.

Several days now only thing i do ingame is wait to catch 2 dusk/dawn fish in ascalon.

i want to play thuis game, and not to wait some cycle for fish...

give us reasonable drop rate for dusk/dawn fish...

• Sad 2