can we get todays "hotfix nerfs" for WvW too please?

Sahne.6950

• Specter (PvP Only):
    • Hungering Darkness: Increased pulse interval from 1 second to 3 seconds. Increased base barrier and healing from 517 to 773. Increased barrier and healing attribute scaling from 0.2 to 0.3.
    • Twilight Combo: Increased initiative cost from 4 to 5. Reduced first projectile power coefficient from 1.5 to 1.3. Reduced chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced poison and torment duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • Siphon: Reduced shadow force gained from 25% to 15%. Reduced slow duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Mechanist (PvP Only):
    • Mech Frame: Channeling Conduits: Increased internal cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds.
  • Necromancer (PvP Only):
    • Death Shroud: Increased life force lost per second from 4% to 5%.

Please for WvW too! Grenade Mechanist is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY opressive in smallscale. The Mechanist in WvW has dodged alot of bullets compared to the PvP version... and its still crazy strong in pvp...  "Celestial-Grenade-Mechanists" are reaking havoc in WvW at the moment. Not many people are playing it, but the people that do are Raidbosses.

It would be sad if we dont see these nerfs in WvW, just because "Mechanist is not meta in Zergs". There is smallscale too, please dont forget that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

PvP is a completely different environment. Its not healthy if adjustments from pvp hitting wvw since you have completely different stat options, higher dmg and also a completely different playstyle. you dont fight inside of or around fix capture points and have way more space to fight, so aspects like mobility and invis can get abused way better then in pvp. also you can outplay specific builds better by kiting and using range.

wvw versions of classes need to get looked seperately. so no, this changes shouldnt go into wvw just by copy paste wwithout getting reevaluated for wvw.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zero.3871 said:

PvP is a completely different environment. Its not healthy if adjustments from pvp hitting wvw since you have completely different stat options, higher dmg and also a completely different playstyle. you dont fight inside of or around fix capture points and have way more space to fight, so aspects like mobility and invis can get abused way better then in pvp. also you can outplay specific builds better by kiting and using range.

wvw versions of classes need to get looked seperately. so no, this changes shouldnt go into wvw just by copy paste wwithout getting reevaluated for wvw.

100% agree. But this specific mechanist change should be implemented. There is a build with Cele/Diviner mix that is literally unkillable. My buddys are abusing it atm and they can fight 3v1 with no problems. I remember this one incident where we were duelling on duelspot. A group of 5 interrupted his duel and he killed every single one of them. Believe me... its crazy strong 😄

As soon as the Stability runs out they have their cooldowns back. He is having 100% stabiuptime for him AND the mech. Not many people are running this at the moment but the people that have figured out how strong this is are abusing it and its not even close to being balanced xD. If you can win duells 3v1 against your 3 friends that were always close fights before he started using this build..... There might be something wrong. Believe me... "Grenade-Cele/diviner-Mechanist" is 100% the strongest build for smallscale at the moment, BY A MILE.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

What about nerf grenade kit 🤔

the problem is not the grenadekit itself. The problem with nadescrapper was the permanen superspeed (which got nerfed) and the problem with mechanist is that he can stall almost anything with his crazy sustain while widdling them down with nades and mech. If anything the alacrity has to be toned down that you actually have windows between his cooldowns where he is vulnerable. Because atm he has perfect coverage of stabi/protection/Alacrity/Switfness/Fury/25might... good luck killing that 😄

we shouldnt nerf core engie because mechanist is too strong imo.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Confirmed then, being able to toss grenades 180 degrees behind you while running away is not a problem.

This is problematic! i made a few posts discussing the Grenade problem. In my post i offered 2 diffrent ways to fix the nadescrapper.

a) tone down superspeed

b)Grenades can no longer be thrown over the shoulder.

since they went with option a) i think also going for option b) would kill Grenades. But i can 100% see why you are saying this.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 3/31/2022 at 3:24 AM, Sahne.6950 said:
  • Specter (PvP Only):
    • Hungering Darkness: Increased pulse interval from 1 second to 3 seconds. Increased base barrier and healing from 517 to 773. Increased barrier and healing attribute scaling from 0.2 to 0.3.
    • Twilight Combo: Increased initiative cost from 4 to 5. Reduced first projectile power coefficient from 1.5 to 1.3. Reduced chill duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced poison and torment duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • Siphon: Reduced shadow force gained from 25% to 15%. Reduced slow duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Mechanist (PvP Only):
    • Mech Frame: Channeling Conduits: Increased internal cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds.
  • Necromancer (PvP Only):
    • Death Shroud: Increased life force lost per second from 4% to 5%.

Please for WvW too! Grenade Mechanist is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY opressive in smallscale. The Mechanist in WvW has dodged alot of bullets compared to the PvP version... and its still crazy strong in pvp...  "Celestial-Grenade-Mechanists" are reaking havoc in WvW at the moment. Not many people are playing it, but the people that do are Raidbosses.

It would be sad if we dont see these nerfs in WvW, just because "Mechanist is not meta in Zergs". There is smallscale too, please dont forget that.

Can we get every single PvP nerf added to WvW? All of them are good.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Can we get every single PvP nerf added to WvW? All of them are good.

in general just porting the balancing from PvP to WvW will not work. HOWEVER, the latest balancepatches to the EoD specs and maybe even the Buff of support Tempest were some really nice changes that i would like to see in WvW!

• Confused 1