Ground Targeting Ally Locking Bug

Sup, 

I've experienced several times a bug that forcefully makes my ground targeting fixed / snap on allies only. 

I'm not the only madman out here, most of my guild mates experienced that bug as well and going in and out of the instance usually fix it. But the point is, you don't know if you got bug as long as you don't use a ground targeting skill before the encounter, aka, you engage and suddenly realized that you are bugged.

ps.

I'm using "Ground Targeting: Normal" settings and not "Snap Ground Target to Current Target".

(I got this bug mostly in EoD strikes but that's what I'm most doing now so idk if it's exclusive to those.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can confirm thanks to my guildmates that the bug is still running around and ruining strikes and squads.

looks like it exclusive to EoD strikes and doesn't matter if it's CM or not.

Edit: It seems also that it can hit all classes that has ground targeting skills.

Edited by Hellion.2360
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:21 AM, Hellion.2360 said:

Sup, 

I've experienced several times a bug that forcefully makes my ground targeting fixed / snap on allies only. 

I'm not the only madman out here, most of my guild mates experienced that bug as well and going in and out of the instance usually fix it. But the point is, you don't know if you got bug as long as you don't use a ground targeting skill before the encounter, aka, you engage and suddenly realized that you are bugged.

ps.

I'm using "Ground Targeting: Normal" settings and not "Snap Ground Target to Current Target".

(I got this bug mostly in EoD strikes but that's what I'm most doing now so idk if it's exclusive to those.)

I have a bug where ground targetting gets stuck to my feet, regardless of the in-game setting, as if some unseen, unset key binding is triggering it (there is no binding and the setting snap ground target is off). The only way to get rid of this annoyance that affects all skill placements with an AOE circle, shadow-steps, etc, is to leave the instance and return, or log out and back in, or die and be revived or respawn. It's been an issue and was introduced when End of Dragons was released and frequently occurs when dismounting from a mount, either by the dismount key or an attack key. It is very annoying. Of course though this was reported before, there has typically been no acknowledgement of the issue. I'd go so far as to say that this particular bug, depending on what you are currently doing, is game-breaking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:21 AM, Hellion.2360 said:

Ditto!

I had that happen on Saturday in a Strike Mission. I thought I was going crazy, because my "Snap Ground Target" toggle is * on my numeric keys -- had to use it repeatedly during the fight to make the issue disappear.

Very strange bug.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you for letting me know it's plaguing wvw and raids, im sure this bug was introduced by EoD 100%. I never had that bug before EoD (roughly 2 years of gameplay) and never have i ever heard about this bug from anyone before EoD.

Can we get a reply or any updates? even a simple "we know about this issue" would be enough for me at least.

small rant -

it's been over 2 weeks (16 days currently) since we got ANY communication from anyone in the support/dev team in the forums, while stating:

"..... Since then, we’ve strengthened our leadership team, worked to improve our communication with all of you, and shipped the third expansion for Guild Wars 2....."

Where is that? where is the improvement? I dont want to invest in a game that the dev company don't invest in either.

On 5/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Holgarf.6581 said:

I have a bug where ground targetting gets stuck to my feet

Might as well put these reproduction steps here since it hasn't been mentioned yet.

(Disclaimer: this is second-hand information as I have not experienced the bug myself, so I don't know how accurate this is. Also not sure if this is related to the bug in the OP or if it's a different bug).

1. Load into a map while you're already in a party, the other person(s) in the party should also be in the same map as you and be near you(?), i.e. within range of your ground-targeted skills. Also make sure you don't have anything targeted.

2. Leave the party.

3. Create a squad.

4. Try to use a ground-targeted skill.

5. Notice ground target skills are locked to your feet.

Issue goes away when leaving/rejoining the map by any means OR by leaving the squad and rejoining a party.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just happened to me randomly in Auric Basin. Toggling this in options or using the keybinds for ally/target snapping does nothing whilst the bug is happening. Leaving the squad and rejoining fixed it (and then those keybinds for snapping take effect).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to 07/08/2022 at 13:02 CET this bug is STILL present at Harvest Temple at least.

It's been over 4 months since it was reported and around 2 months since you said "we are looking in to this!".

On 5/28/2022 at 3:26 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, just letting you know that we're looking into this!

Is it that deep that you are still looking into it? where is our fix?

Edited by Hellion.2360
Updated time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this strange bug happened to me twice and only inside an instance of the Ankka strike (normal mode daily EoD strike). First time it was a month or later ago, I don't remember. And it repeated today.

Those strikes both were commandered by me and I was playing a scapper with a hammer. So targeted skills like Thunderclap or Function Gyro were sticking to another (always one!) person from my squad every time i wanted to use it. And I believe that this one specified person was the fifth of last subgroup in both cases. Maybe it would be a hint.

I'm using 'Ground Targeting: Normal' setting.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that the bug still exists in 28/8/2022 12:35 CET.

Went to do daily Aetherblade Hideout on quickness scrapper and all of my ground targeting abilities were fixed on a random squad member.

I must add that the bug got an upgrade! When I went to down state (because of lag spike) my squad members couldn't res me. they couldn't interact with my dying body.

I know that the team recognized this bug already, but when we will get a fix?

Edited by Hellion.2360

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...